24 hrs le mans

  • Thread starter Thread starter WDjango
  • 39 comments
  • 3,138 views
If ya want to replace your old fat 80 GB ps3, n planning to buy a new 360 GB slim, than doesn't matter :)

hence why the guys with families might benefit from the 24 hour race... reason to get the slim model! haha
 
hence why the guys with families might benefit from the 24 hour race... reason to get the slim model! haha

Too bad we'd have to start over since the game save is linked to the console.

Slightly on topic: I have a first gen 60GB fat boy and other than replacing the hard drive with a 250GB 5400rpm one it's completely original. I have had no problems leaving it on for days. Even in the horizontal position. I'd be more concerned about the controller's battery dieing!
 
If this were a PS2 I would not be affraid. I completed all of the endurance races in GT4 by leaving it on for days. But it scares me with the PS3.:nervous:
I've already gone through 4 Xbox 360's because of overheating and am really not in the mood to replace a PS3.

Does the PS3 have the same issues as the Xbox? Can I leave it on for days and not worry like the PS2? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It doesn't have the issues that XBOX has but it still definitely shortens its lifetime.
 
Too bad we'd have to start over since the game save is linked to the console.

Slightly on topic: I have a first gen 60GB fat boy and other than replacing the hard drive with a 250GB 5400rpm one it's completely original. I have had no problems leaving it on for days. Even in the horizontal position. I'd be more concerned about the controller's battery dieing!

You can clone the entire old console to a new console. It moves protected data and everything. All you need is a short ethernet cord and select the option in the system options to do a system transfer. Then follow the steps on screen and wait while it transfers everything to the new system. I've done this twice, once from a YLOD 20gig fat (baked it in the oven to fix it long enough to transfer the files) to second gen 40gb fat, second time was the 40gb system had a failing blu-ray drive (gt5 was left on for 12 days) so I sent it into a brand new 320gb slim.
 
Well, theres always a pause button if you don't mind having your PS3 turned on for some time. It wont take damage by it or overheat so that's not really an issue.

If you're working in the day and can manage 4 hours of GT5 per night (which isn't always easy) then that would take 6 nights to do the race.

It also stops you from just sticking the PS3 on to have a quick blast (which many of us do).

I don't see why PD can't re-instate the B-spec swaps :(
 
another vote for the b spec swap.

i was shattered when I found out I'd been training up my b speckers for nothing really.

sure, i can run the b spec races and coach them along, gain some cash and cars, but i wanted to be able to race with them.

honestly i was looking forward to it. thought to myself, how cool is this, i can train up my co-drivers for the endurance races.

farking retodded that we can't use them.

and i've left my fat boy on for weeks at a time with no problems, but its well ventilated.
 
i drove first day 7 hours - of course with pause (eating, drinking...)
and the next day i did 10 hours wich was enough - i had such a big lead so i could wait for the next 7 hours and i would still lead the race....

it was kind of boring with the long straights.... but day/night changes were beautiful - every lap something changed.... lights....

but best part was in the moring when sun came out - and the shadows - so beautiful
 
Wish endurance racing was like in GT4. Switch to A-spec to B-spec.
 
yea that race will start late friday night for me and god only knows when i will finish it.
 
Back