24 Minutes of Le Mans - easy Win with Rocket '07

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 68 comments
How can you do this without spinning out while braking?
I have won this race today with my bentley speed 8 ( with turbo)
Pitted every 2 laps, my fastest time was 3mins 31 secs, won by 35 secs before the 2nd.
Did the whole race on racing soft tyres.

BUT!
I started this race maybe 10x becouse my ride kept on loozing the rear while braking.
Driving normally without aids ( abs 1)

I have set abs to 10, brakepower front 1 rear 0
downforce front minimum, rear maximum
toe rear to max toe in! (crazy? yes!)

The car had his own way when i braked. wet road or dry, the car keeps spinning.... then i have put all aids on ( dislike!) and the car still did the same, only just a bit less, still not driveble.
Changed track, and the car does it normally..... ( with my original set up offcourse)

Ive cursed like hell, not knowing what is wrong!

Who knows an answer on this, so i can redo it and not cursing :)

grtz

I beat this with the Bentley. I found to be very easy with the brakes and not to brake hard. In the rain, I also found to start braking softly and early. If the car started to slip, ease off the brakes and then to slowly apply them back.

After cornering, then slowly get back on the gas in the wet. In dry conditions, I'd ease on the gas and then finally hammer it after 4th or so.

I'm also using a DS3. On a side note, this took me a few tries before I felt comfortable with the car.

edit: the last time I raced this I used the Sauber. It's a beast, and is very fuel hungry! I can't remember which one was more difficult to control, but watching your braking and gas pedal should help you with the Bentley.

Last edited:
I'm using the sticks to drive,

I didn't have problems oversteering when i started to accelerate, its the braking part that was really frustrating me.
Indeed smooth braking was required, but then i needed SO much distance that the rest passed me.

So there is a setting that actually made the car go bad, but i have tried everything to let him go straight foreward.

I was having trouble using a similar LMP car, then I read your post on using the Rocket car, was able to win on first try with it. Thank you very much. Though it was a little squirrely under braking for my taste. Manage to not pit at all, and only had to run 10 laps, slowed down for the last lap to keep from having to run another. managed a best lap of 2:14.464.

I have just done a 26:27 with the Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 at the 24 minutes of Le Mans, which in my opinion, is the best car to race for all these 24 minute races.
Superb efficiency and really quick. Deadly.
The only pit stop I made was at my 5th lap and filled only 70 liters of fuel.
My fastest time was a 3:35:046.
My suggestion for you guys if you want to win easily is with this car.
It may not be the fastest in the straights, but hell you will have a lot of confidence braking and going through corners, and the acceleration out of corners is just out of this world.
You guys should try it!

I know this is an old game, but I still love it. I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR EVERYONE THAT LOVES THIS GAME AS MUCH AS I DO. Earn an 8th lap in 24 minutes of Le Mans. All you need to do is finish your 7th lap under 24 minutes total. I can come close 24:09:337 with a couple of runs into the gravel, and a couple into the grass and I think 1 3 second penalty on the 7th lap, but I think a better driver than me can do it. I know... you'll run out of fuel right after you cross the finish line, but it is a pretty tough challenge. Anybody game, let me know if you do it. I can tell you the car and setup that I use, as well as pit stops and fueling... Is the best I have found so far for this. I'd love to hear from someone that has done it or is up to the challange. By the way, I overtook the lead car on the first lap and finished over 2:30:000 minutes ahead of him. :-)

How to win the 24 minutes Le mans racs in the Super league buy the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 from the Pescarolo dealer in the Europe section for Cr. 1,900,00. it will win easy with hardly any work just buy the biggest turbo stick some hard tyres on it for the whole race pit every two laps as that's all the tank holds you should get to 1st position in the 1st lap then all you need to do is drive well making up at least 30 to 40 second leads on 2nd and you have plenty of time to pit and get out 1st but not in the 2nd lap after your 1st pit you should come out 2nd but from there its plain sailing no car set up required just set driving options for to racing hard front and rear tyres,active steering strong, traction control to 5 to save tyres, (ACM) on and skid recovery force on my controller setting is at 3 and i won 1st time easy with around a minutes lead thanks for reading and let me know if this helped.
I ran 7 laps in 24:09:337 ! ! ! Seriously... passed the lead car on the first lap and left him over 2:30;00 behind me at the finish of the 7th. I'll tell you the car and setup and fueling. I'm sure a better driver than me could earn an 8th lap. He will run out of fuel 2 or 3 seconds after crossing the line on the 7th lap, but still... 8 laps... has anybody done this????

I can email the replay to anyone that doesn't believe that it can be done. I never thought it could till I put my mind to it... and I'm pretty slow... it took a few years to think of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is an old game, but I still love it. I HAVE A CHALLENGE FOR EVERYONE THAT LOVES THIS GAME AS MUCH AS I DO. Earn an 8th lap in 24 minutes of Le Mans. All you need to do is finish your 7th lap under 24 minutes total. I can come close 24:09:337 with a couple of runs into the gravel, and a couple into the grass and I think 1 3 second penalty on the 7th lap, but I think a better driver than me can do it. I know... you'll run out of fuel right after you cross the finish line, but it is a pretty tough challenge. Anybody game, let me know if you do it. I can tell you the car and setup that I use, as well as pit stops and fueling... Is the best I have found so far for this. I'd love to hear from someone that has done it or is up to the challange. By the way, I overtook the lead car on the first lap and finished over 2:30:000 minutes ahead of him. :-)

I ran 7 laps in 24:09:337 ! ! ! Seriously... passed the lead car on the first lap and left him over 2:30;00 behind me at the finish of the 7th. I'll tell you the car and setup and fueling. I'm sure a better driver than me could earn an 8th lap. He will run out of fuel 2 or 3 seconds after crossing the line on the 7th lap, but still... 8 laps... has anybody done this????

I can email the replay to anyone that doesn't believe that it can be done. I never thought it could till I put my mind to it... and I'm pretty slow... it took a few years to think of it.

Update: 24:03:324 - Lapped 9 drivers - beat 2nd place by over 3:25:500... so close!! ARGHHH... less than 4 seconds off the pace to earn an 8th lap.... only had 3 small errors in this run... all gravel or grass. :-(

Update: 24 minutes of Le Mans Completed 8 laps in 27:58:561 lapped everyone, and 6 by 2 laps! I'm done! Can anyone beat that? Zoom in on my avatar and you will see if you don't believe. I'll tell anyone how if they want to attempt to beat my current 8 lap time :-) I can do better.... messed up a lot on 8th lap cause I couldn't believe that I made it to the pits to refuel at the end of the 7th lap and still beat the clock.

Back