24 Minutes of Le Mans - easy Win with Rocket '07

• Thread starter Dotini
  • 68 comments
I didn't climb to 24min LeMans, but wouldn't 2J be easiest way to win? It has no lights, but you can use guide line which is clearly visible at night ;) I remember i won similar night competition with 2J in GT5 - it wasn't very hard, although LMP was on my tail.

Ah, this so much reminds me of GT4. The hunt for a good lineup for 200 A-Spec points, finding the right car & strategy for the race. Don't know if i'll be trying this as I prefer the 2J for this race, but it's at least very nostalgic to read this thanks. 👍

Tried the '05 Pescarolo and won with it. Three stops - one every two laps (it might make three, but didn't want to push my luck) - and won by 39 seconds. It's every bit as fast as the Peugeot 908, but more squirrelly. If anything, it might be faster than the 908 - it's still pulling strong at 230mph without drafting. On braking and turn-in, though, it can be a handful.

If you can build up a 35-45 second lead with any of these cars, you should be cake for the win. Try to short-fill your gas on the pits to cut the pit time down. A full tank won't really get you three full laps, so no real sense in filling all the way up. 55-65 liters gets me a couple laps with a cushion, and 35 liters was more than enough to get me the last (seventh) lap when I came in at the end of lap 6 with a bit under a minute still on the clock in the race, and 53 seconds worth of lead over second place.

Now to figure out which car to try next... perhaps the 2J beckons... ;)

Oh, and if you get yourself any of the "base" model LMP cars, you can paint them your favorite colors, so that's kind of nice. I have a sweet yellow and black 908. :)

* Edit: The Pesky was tuned with the big turbo. The mid turbo adds more torque, but I like the big one for more high-end power. One thing these cars *don't* need is more torque to fry the tires through 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears! I like running above 200mph as much of the course as possible, and the big turbo makes that a snap.

** Edit # 2: The 2J wins. It will easily go 3 laps between pit stops. The downside? Since I was stopping every three laps, so were the other cars. When I do a stop every two laps in the other cars, so do the AI opponents. They seem to be keying on my stops. The upside? Doesn't matter - I still won by 38 seconds.

I'd say go with Racing Softs for the first stint (I used hards, and I was running low on fuel with practically no tire wear showing after that stint), then switch to Hards. By the end of the second stint, my hards were getting a bit tatty. You can go back to softs for the final lap, and splash in 30 liters of fuel.

Last edited:
It's also a very easy win with the Formula GT car, but you need to stay near the pack through laps two and three, pit at the end of three.

Actually.. are there any races that aren't easy wins with the SP scripting? It's cleverly done but unsatisfying somehow.

EDIT: Ah, didn't realise some cars won't make three laps, but I can tell you the FGT will. Just.

I barely won with the Monster SX4. I hate to admit it, but I had to cut the last two chicanes to win. I wasn't going to do another 24 minutes, plus the Bentley Speed 8 is a cheating 🤬. :lol:
He knocked me off my line, I slid sideways on already worn-out Racing Hards, right through the corner leading to the Mulsanne straight and got slapped in the face with a 5 second shortcut penalty. :grumpy:

Just won in the rocket quite easily, majority of the cars pitted on lap one, took the Leed on lap 4 when the Audi R8 pitted at that point he never got closer than 12 second to me. On the 7th lap he hap to pit, ran the final lap (8) with nobody even close, the Audi fell to 54 second behind. Past the XJ13'66 as I crossed the finish line.

It's also a very easy win with the Formula GT car, but you need to stay near the pack through laps two and three, pit at the end of three.

Actually.. are there any races that aren't easy wins with the SP scripting? It's cleverly done but unsatisfying somehow.

EDIT: Ah, didn't realise some cars won't make three laps, but I can tell you the FGT will. Just.

FGT is one of those that seems to be easy on gas and tires. Only downside is picking your way through the dark with it.

FGT is one of those that seems to be easy on gas and tires. Only downside is picking your way through the dark with it.

It's actually one of my "GT moments" :D

I decided to see if the car would fit into the race and only planned to run for a couple of minutes. The car felt good so I stayed on track... and damn it turns dark quickly... but P2 was only about 20s behind so I let him catch up (which takes some doing) and tried to follow him.

The trouble was that the rear lights are barely visible on standard cars so I passed him and let him run behind me. Free headlights.

The rest is fairly plain sailing; pit at the end of lap three, fill the tank, half a lap in the dark, home and literally dry.

Setup: Power right down, ballast to PP with 51% on the nose. Tyres, R:S.

I ran it with the driving line on, so didn't really need to see as long as I followed the line. Braking zones are just a matter of knowing how late you can really brake and get away with it. Lap times definitely are slower at night, since I couldn't see my favorite "short cuts" - not the kind of short cut that gets you a time penalty, but "smoothing out" the entrance and exits of the chicanes a bit. You have to stay to the outside of the chicane in the middle, but you can clip the entrance and exit a bit, allowing you to brake later and get on the throttle earlier.

Now that you've survived that, try the FGT at Spa for a real eye-opener. :)

Just won using the Deltawing.

P1020275
by Giulietta37, on Flickr​

I thought that if the Rocket can do it then so can the Deltawing.
I made a pit stop halfway through when I had a 40 second lead but didn't correct the recommended fuel - you only need 1 more laps worth in the tank! But I still came out ahead. Got over taken, pushed down to 4th, then they all pitted again - job done. I kept putting in laps of 3.47-3.50ish.

I added more wing on the rear to try and keep it nailed to the road. Broke only in a straight line, coasted round the tighter corners - swinging the nose round like a boat!!! The Porsche curves - I could feel the rear getting twitchy with too much gas but it responded quickly with a small lift. Stayed on RH the whole way.

Of all the cars I've tried in this event, my favorite has been the Peugeot 908 HDi. It's blisteringly fast, pinging off its rev limiter at 261mph in a draft more than a few times, yet it still handles amazingly well *AND* it's able to lay its power down in a meaningful way. I tried the Toyota-Minolta, and while amazingly powerful, it spends basically all of third gear and most of fourth spinning its tires and overwhelming the TCS, even if I set it at 5 (at which point it really doesn't want to accelerate out of the corners at all until you get it pointed straight ahead). The Nissan R92 suffers from much the same malady. The Peugeot, even at TCS=2, just lays down the power. There's chirps of wheelspin, but it's just riding a wave of blinding acceleration anyway.

With two stops, or even with three, it's still a winner. As with the Sauber C9, though, it *WILL NOT* make a full three laps on a tank of fuel. It will come close, but it's going to run out unless you spend two of those three laps really coasting it and trying not to go over about 165mph... Better for me to run two laps full-on and flat-out, then refuel and put on some fresh rubber.
After 10-12 attempts in the Rocket where with all prescribed settings and against the mentioned fields, I could do no better than 4th - I tried the 908 HDI - won it first time by over a minute, same thing with the 24 Mins at Spa Franchorchamps. Thanks very much for posting, I was pretty close to giving up.

I won by 1.644s. with the Audi R8 '01. It would have been 25 seconds had I not driven the 7th lap slowly and carefully.

Had two losses with my Speed 12 - I seemed to have a comfortable lead... when I ran out of motion lotion out of Arnarge...
I repeated but couldn't reel in the leaders which didn't pit.

I then resorted to a Bentley Speed 8 - Just kept my run in higher gears to keep my tyres whole and fuel tank full...
Pitted after 2 4 and then held on for a long last stint... hoping that my fuel tank would last and running in 6th gear as soon as I could would lessen the fuel. (The TVR guzzles fuel like a moody mother in law does sherry.)

In the end I had a good win by over 20 seconds letting the pack reel me in - No corner cutting sand hopping or cone mashing.

Very odd race. (Bentley looks nasty incar - bright and gaudy.)

Did my first attempt with a turbocharged Jaguar XJR-9 (won by five seconds), and the second in a bone-stock Deltawing Nissan (won by twentyfive seconds, not having to pit rules). Once you get used to its weird handling the Deltawing is a beast. It corners quicker than any other C1/LMP car and can basically run forever with no need to pit for fuel or tires.

I haven't tried any of the modern LMP cars at Le Mans, I'm not that comfortable with a 3-stop strategy.

Edit: NVM, just nailed it :cheers:

I thought I'd reach 100% by having all gold but I'm at 99%, That's odd 💡

Last edited:
Just ran it with the Toyota One on a three-stop strategy (pitting on Laps 2, 4, and 6, using RS, RH, and RS, with 60 liters of fuel the first two stops and 35 on the last for the final lap, Lap 7).

Won it by 1:12.xxx over an Audi R8 with a Peugeot 905 trailing that.

Super career part was easiest part for me. Didn't find troubles with any of Super race. I even didn't use neither intermediate or heavy rain tires. Did everything with Racing Hard tires (except Sport restricted races). SPA and Le Mans won by Toyota Minolta. Two normal car races did with upgraded Nissan GT-R black edition'12. All the rest races won by Chaparral 2J. No tunings have been done for cars.
The only race where i've failed at first time was Le Mans because of oddly fast fuel consumption. I've thought i would be able to make the 3rd lap and failed. So, did it with PIT on every second lap.

How to win the 24 minutes Le mans racs in the Super league buy the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 from the Pescarolo dealer in the Europe section for Cr. 1,900,00. it will win easy with hardly any work just buy the biggest turbo stick some hard tyres on it for the whole race pit every two laps as that's all the tank holds you should get to 1st position in the 1st lap then all you need to do is drive well making up at least 30 to 40 second leads on 2nd and you have plenty of time to pit and get out 1st but not in the 2nd lap after your 1st pit you should come out 2nd but from there its plain sailing no car set up required just set driving options for to racing hard front and rear tyres,active steering strong, traction control to 5 to save tyres, (ACM) on and skid recovery force on my controller setting is at 3 and i won 1st time easy with around a minutes lead thanks for reading and let me know if this helped.

Last edited:
I won this race in the X2014 Jr. Problem is that the field is all X2014 Jr when you use one and they still have to pit despite myself running not the best and RH Tires being at 10 and still 1/3 of a tank left.

Did my first attempt with a turbocharged Jaguar XJR-9 (won by five seconds), and the second in a bone-stock Deltawing Nissan (won by twentyfive seconds, not having to pit rules). Once you get used to its weird handling the Deltawing is a beast. It corners quicker than any other C1/LMP car and can basically run forever with no need to pit for fuel or tires.

I haven't tried any of the modern LMP cars at Le Mans, I'm not that comfortable with a 3-stop strategy.
I know what you mean but i was extremely surprised and thoroughly enjoyed it give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised

Reading through this thread I conclude that it is possible to win with the Rocket, but it is much easier to use a different car. Am I correct?
The thread title seems a bit misleading on that part :)

Reading through this thread I conclude that it is possible to win with the Rocket, but it is much easier to use a different car. Am I correct?
The thread title seems a bit misleading on that part :)

The rocket does not need to pit. And if you tune it up then it is fast enough to win easily, as in "I am not really challenging for the race lead and then everybody pits and I win!"

BUUUUTTT if you have patch 1.03 and want an easy peasy win just use the RedBull Jr. The whole line up will be driving Red Bull Jr . They pit twice (who knows why) and you can do this at the end:

What I've really enjoyed about all the Super races is the experimentation involved in car selection and pit strategy. I don't mind racing for 20+ minutes even to lose; I did buy a racing game didn't I? Have been using the Minolta LMP so far, and while I haven't come close yet, I'm still experimenting with tires, and to be honest, my driving has been lacking. Having a blast however.

The Rocket isn't so easy without a lot of practice in the car

Easy is the Redbull X2014 Junior !! i won with 0.40 seconds lead on nr.2 and i have waited for about 2 minutes in front of the finish till time, so you don't have to make any pitsop at all and only run 5 laps

The Rocket isn't so easy without a lot of practice in the car

Easy is the Redbull X2014 Junior !! i won with 0.40 seconds lead on nr.2 and i have waited for about 2 minutes in front of the finish till time, so you don't have to make any pitsop at all and only run 5 laps

This. No fuss, no muss.

No pitting and everyone has the same car. A 5 year old can beat GT6 AI if everyone has the same car.

I had a kind of a funny issue with this race. After trying quite a few times I finally was in a lead like 15 seconds, 30 s race remaining. I knew my tyres wont last one more lap and pit would take too much time. So I took a risk and stopped before the finishing line and waited time ending. Fortunately 3 cars behing me were going to pit but they also passed me on a pit lane. Time ended and I crossed the finishing line 4th, even those first 3 cars were still on a lap. Everybody had a very weird time something like 355:06:33:345 or so.
I was using Audi TDI stealth, first soft tyres then hard and finally soft again.

How can you do this without spinning out while braking?
I have won this race today with my bentley speed 8 ( with turbo)
Pitted every 2 laps, my fastest time was 3mins 31 secs, won by 35 secs before the 2nd.
Did the whole race on racing soft tyres.

BUT!
I started this race maybe 10x becouse my ride kept on loozing the rear while braking.
Driving normally without aids ( abs 1)

I have set abs to 10, brakepower front 1 rear 0
downforce front minimum, rear maximum
toe rear to max toe in! (crazy? yes!)

The car had his own way when i braked. wet road or dry, the car keeps spinning.... then i have put all aids on ( dislike!) and the car still did the same, only just a bit less, still not driveble.
Changed track, and the car does it normally..... ( with my original set up offcourse)

Ive cursed like hell, not knowing what is wrong!

Who knows an answer on this, so i can redo it and not cursing :)

grtz

Latest Posts

Back