24h clock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jorsne
  • 21 comments
  • 2,309 views
Messages
185
Messages
Jorsne
What time on the day do the 24h start? when does it get dark? and when does it get dusk again?
 
The 24 hour races start at 4PM local time, so far as we know. The de la Sarthe ones do, certainly as that's when the race starts in real life.
 
From what I have experienced, it seems to aways get dark roughly 8 hrs after I start the race. Doesn't seem to tie into any actualy PS3 clocks.
 
stpatty
The 24 hour races start at 4PM local time, so far as we know. The de la Sarthe ones do, certainly as that's when the race starts in real life.

It starts at 3PM.
 
It starts at 3PM.

Thanks, I just want the day/night to match the IRL, so I know when I should to start it. And according to what you said and what 'jz' said, it will get dark around 11PM, which sounds fairly realistic with in mind that both races find place in mid-Europe. And I'm guessing it the sun wakes up at around 6-7AM.
 
It starts at 3PM.

Hmm, I read on here it was 4PM.

from wiki:
Traditionally, the race starts at 16:00 on the Saturday, although in 1968 the race started at 14:00 due to the lateness of the race on the calendar. In both 1984 and 2007, the start time was moved ahead to 15:00 due to the conflicting French General Election. In 2006, the ACO scheduled a 17:00 start time on Saturday, 17 June in order to maximize television coverage in between the FIFA World Cup games. In 2009 the race took place over 13–14 June and started at 15:00 local time (13:00 GMT), and in 2010 the start is also scheduled for 15:00 local time on 12 June.

So, normally it starts at 4pm ;)
 
Well in Le Mans the sun sets at around 4 hours and a half in, got fully dark at around 6, but I don't remember when it gets light :S
 
Last edited:
Go to lounge on profile screen and set your start time for Nurburg / le mans race and you can see the darkness of the track.
 
you guys know that I want to know when on the day the race starts in-game.?
 
Well in Le Mans the sun sets at around 4 hours and a half in, got fully dark at around 6, but I don't remember when it gets light :S
Same here.
 
you guys know that I want to know when on the day the race starts in-game.?

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm 6h 30m into my first Le Mans 24h and I can say that my car's lights came on at 4h 27m, and it was mostly dark by around 5h to 5h 30m. The A.I. car's (all standard cars) lights came on around the 4h mark.

I just thought to check the Rolex clock at the start/finish line, but I don't think it actually works in-game. The digital portion shows 24:00:000, and the analog face is so bright at night that it's washed out and illegible.

Oh, and this will likely only confuse maters, but the actual sunset for Le Mans on June 14 & 15 is 22:00 local time.
 
Sunset is far too early in GT5. The night is too long. Le Mans is held around mid-june, when nights are the shortest of the entire year. Sunrise between 13th and 14th hour is OK, that would be 5-6 AM in RL, we can accept that.
 
There's a gigantic clock by the start of LeMans....doesn't this tell you the time?
Just wondering.

Edit: oops, sorry fourliter....didn't see you there.
 
I have Le Mans 24hr as my default track for the online lounge - it gets dark at 19:25 which is indeed way too early - sit hould be around 22:00/23:00 with sunrise at around 04:00.
 
....I just thought to check the Rolex clock at the start/finish line, but I don't think it actually works in-game. The digital portion shows 24:00:000, and the analog face is so bright at night that it's washed out and illegible....

There's a gigantic clock by the start of LeMans....doesn't this tell you the time?
Just wondering.

Edit: oops, sorry fourliter....didn't see you there.

I can now say that the clock doesn't move, and I'd guess the race starts at 4:00PM. I'm well into daylight now. The clock is easily readable, and it's been stuck on 4:00 the entire in-game morning, with the digital countdown clock at 24:00:00. It's probably the closest we'll come to finding the game's "actual" start time.


Circuit de la Sarthe Rolex clock by lonestranger_ryan, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
The clock is easily readable, and it's been stuck on 4:00 the entire in-game morning, with the digital countdown clock at 24:00:00. It's probably the closest we'll come to finding the game's "actual" start time.

Looks to me like the clock says 12:20.
 
Back