24H Nurnburgring 2012 tips needed

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 62 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
MarcoM1972
Hi,

I want to attend the 24h of the Nurnburgring this year. I plan to only go on Sunday 20 May. I want to arrive really early in the morning.

I am going to meetup with Poolhaas.

Is there a sensible place to meet on the track? I know the track is really huge đź‘Ť

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a ticket early in the morning at the track?

logo-small.png

Anybody? :)

I probably think it will be possible to buy tickets sunday morning, but a meeting point is something else...

How about one of the bars or restaurants in one of the towns that surround the Ring? Like Nurburg? Then head to the track from there, because obviously it's quite a big place so meeting up somewhere inside the track might be a little more difficult then most would expect.

Sounds like a good suggestion. I read somewhere, there is also a very large model car shop around there. If possible should be worth visiting.

MarcoM
Sounds like a good suggestion. I read somewhere, there is also a very large model car shop around there. If possible should be worth visiting.

There is supposed to be, I've never been, but there is an article on Speedhunters that might be worth checking out about it ;)

Hi,

I want to attend the 24h of the Nurnburgring this year. I plan to only go on Sunday 20 May. I want to arrive really early in the morning.

I am going to meetup with Poolhaas.

Is there a sensible place to meet on the track? I know the track is really huge đź‘Ť

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a ticket early in the morning at the track?

No, but,

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events/automobile/adac-zurich-24-hour-race.html

Scroll down a little bit, on the left, you can order your tickets there.

I just got a reply from the organization:

---------
Good morning Mr.Maas,

tks.for your mail dated yesterday. Yes its possible to by the tickets directly at the different entries at the camping areas, at the paddocks or at our office.

Our office as opened on Sunday the 20th of may from 9 h till 6h – the camping area at the Nordschleife will be opened on Monday the 21th of may from 8 o clock

in the morning.

Kind regards

i.A. Andrea Theisen

Ihr info°center

---------

So probably I will buy the ticket online because I think I will arive early.

I am a regular at the endurance races. This year i have sheduled 'the big 3'. I will attend 24hrs of NurnbĂĽrg, 24hrs of Lemans, and last but not least 24hrs of Spa. And next week i will go to Spa aswell to watch the LMP's in the '6 hours of Spa' (WEC).

racingworld.be
I am a regular at the endurance races. This year i have sheduled 'the big 3'. I will attend 24hrs of NurnbĂĽrg, 24hrs of Lemans, and last but not least 24hrs of Spa. And next week i will go to Spa aswell to watch the LMP's in the '6 hours of Spa' (WEC).

Your lucky. :lol:

Your lucky. :lol:

There are some nice races in the US aswell. Ive never been to Laguna Seca, and Sebring is also high on my 'wish list'..... And then there are The Rolex series, and there is nascar.....

For those who are intrested ; i will be uploading lots of pictures from these 24hr races...

racingworld.be
There are some nice races in the US aswell. Ive never been to Laguna Seca, and Sebring is also high on my 'wish list'..... And then there are The Rolex series, and there is nascar.....

For those who are intrested ; i will be uploading lots of pictures from these 24hr races...

Yes. I've been to NASCAR and Indy Car races since I was about a month old. But my dad might take me to my first sports car race this year hopefully Petite Le Mans.

I'm looking forward to the pictures too.

So got back on GT Planet :).

5 May I still foresee to do the LMS at Spa, if anyone is interested, it is getting short notice.

20 May is OK for me, last year I missed some cars though since they were out of the race already. I have a Ring Card (needed for food or drinks inside, easy to get).

We could meet in the gallery, I like this shop:
0709-aston-martin-store-4.jpg

Aston Martin Store NĂĽrburgring
ring°boulevard Nürburgring
53520 NĂĽrburg

P.S.: Might want to go on the motorbike like last year if I can. I also will be there 28 April (just for fun since I had to go past anyway).

Welcome back Vince, hope the holiday (guessing) was good.

I am on for Spa on Saturday 5 May. Should be good!

Had to talk to my wife though. Luckily I did not forgot our 4 year wedding anniversary this week. A bunch of roses does magic :P

;)

24h Nurnburgring: Vince, Marco and Poolhaas.

6 Hours Spa: Vince, Marco and perhaps Poolhaas.

I will be at Spa aswell, and at the nurnburgring.... i still have seats open, if you want to ride along from belgium to Germany ...

I will be at Spa aswell, and at the nurnburgring.... i still have seats open, if you want to ride along from belgium to Germany ...

Thanks for the offering, but I think I will drive myself. It would be a big detour also.

But we can arrange a meetup. First beer is on me :cheers:

Thanks for the offering, but I think I will drive myself. It would be a big detour also.

But we can arrange a meetup. First beer is on me :cheers:

I am living close te Eindhoven, if anyone else wants to ride along, let me know...

I am living close te Eindhoven, if anyone else wants to ride along, let me know...

I live in Geleen. So there are possibilities. For the 24 at the Nurburgring it is not possible for me to join you on Thursday.

When do you to to the 6H Spa. I will only visit on Saturday 5 May. I plan to leave quite early to absorb all the action. An option would be that you drive to me and then we'll hop in my car to Spa.

I live in Geleen. So there are possibilities. For the 24 at the Nurburgring it is not possible for me to join you on Thursday.

When do you to to the 6H Spa. I will only visit on Saturday 5 May. I plan to leave quite early to absorb all the action. An option would be that you drive to me and then we'll hop in my car to Spa.

same overhere, saturday 5th of may, and i also want to make sure i am there early. I already have my ticket and a free parking ticket aswell. If you send me your phonenumber in a PM, i can call you next wensday to make proper arrangments....

PM sent.

I looked at the site to order my ticket online. Question: will they be send to you or can you print them yourself when you order online? I do not trust the post delivery to have it on time delivered physically.

PM sent.

I looked at the site to order my ticket online. Question: will they be send to you or can you print them yourself when you order online? I do not trust the post delivery to have it on time delivered physically.

Ordering online is easy, first you open your account, then you order and pay, a couple hours later you will receive a mail with your tickets in PDF format, all you have to do is print them out...

Latest Posts

Back