24H Nurnburgring 2012 tips needed

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 62 comments
I'm in for Nurburgring 24h sunday but can't make it for the 6h of Spa. Little nephew's first birthday party :)

I'll be getting my ticket online aswell.
So is there a meeting point set? And can you park your car close to it? Good to see another one joining the party 👍

Too bad for Spa then Poolhaas. But birthday parties are also important!

I just ordered my tickets for both Spa and the Nordschleife online.

I think we follow Vince's suggestion. He has Nordschleife experience, right Vince?

Too bad for Spa then Poolhaas. But birthday parties are also important!

I just ordered my tickets for both Spa and the Nordschleife online.

I think we follow Vince's suggestion. He has Nordschleife experience, right Vince?

Indeed, went twice till now, once to see Lucas and Jordan race and last years 24h (but that was on the motorbike).

If you are early you can park on parking B1:
karte_parkplatz_2011.jpg

Then it is just across the street. For the Sunday of the 24h people seem to arrive mainly at the end (just before 16h), but since some people stay the full race that might fill up quickly.

Leaving for the Nordschleife now.

P.S. Hope we can meet up with GTP_Racingworld

Ordering online is easy, first you open your account, then you order and pay, a couple hours later you will receive a mail with your tickets in PDF format, all you have to do is print them out...
Trying to order the Nurburgring ticket online but apparently they will send it over with about 6€ shipping costs. Any way to prevent this and just get the PDF file?

6 Euro? I was charged 15 Euros surplus. But no, I do not know how to prevent that. There is no pdf option I am afraid.

6 Euro? I was charged 15 Euros surplus. But no, I do not know how to prevent that. There is no pdf option I am afraid.
That's weird, the 2 options I had were Post (5.90€) or UPS (8.90€)

Last edited:
Trying to order the Nurburgring ticket online but apparently they will send it over with about 6€ shipping costs. Any way to prevent this and just get the PDF file?

I was refering to the online shop for the SPA 6 hours. Never bought a ticket online for the nurnburgring....

That's weird, the 2 options I had were Post (5.90€) or UPS (8.90€)

Had similar experience, so I just took the ticket at the desk Saturday (Last minute thought I had before leaving). There was the "VLN Endurance Championship Nürburgring", I ended up looking at that unplanned from my side.

For this Saturday, so we do the same as last years 24h:
11h in the morning at this plaque in the paddocks:
d08bel761_2.jpg

That is near the tunnel from Parking 14 to the paddocks, on the paddocks side:

Parking 14 is the big gray block on the left (generally reserved to teams and sponsors).

Should be OK with that. I have my printed Spa tickets and DHL just delivered the Nur tickets. :D

I've never been to a sports car race. I might make it to Le Mans this year, or Petite Le Mans. I really want to go to Spa.

Still waiting for my paypal account to top up with the cash I've sent last friday :grumpy:

IMHO I advise you to get the ticket for Sunday at the track. The Sunday ticket is only valid from 8 AM. I might be wrong, but I do not expect you to be that much earlier at the track. But again, that's up to you.

Can't wait for it. Speedhunters.com have promissed to do series of articles on this years 24h.

Hmm, I thought the day tickets were valid after midnight but that could have beeen the 24h of Zolder. If I'm 100% sure I can get them over there I will.

Is there a meeting time set? According to GPS it's a 2h 18min drive but I still have to look for the Aston Martin store and find some parking space.

Hmm, I thought the day tickets were valid after midnight but that could have beeen the 24h of Zolder. If I'm 100% sure I can get them over there I will.

Is there a meeting time set? According to GPS it's a 2h 18min drive but I still have to look for the Aston Martin store and find some parking space.

We did not set a meeting time yet. You can propose, I drive only 1h30 if I take the German Autobahn at 180 km/h, but if it rains that might not be recommended.

I'll look at my ticket tonight if it states something on times.

It seems you can buy from: Sunday 9 a.m. - 6 p.m (not far from the Aston Martin shop); Tel.: +49 (0) 2691 302-630, E-Mail: info(at)nuerburgring.de

Don't know how long Marco drives but if you can get in at 8 or 9 am, maybe arrive there an hour in advance.
If I leave before 5 am I might get there around 7, 7:30 am.

Still too late, let me know :)

I think I have a 2 hour drive. My ticket for sunday is valid on Sunday from 8 AM. So I plan to leave at 5 AM to compensate traffic.

But don't worry Poolhaas, I will come and pick you up at the gates if you have any slowdowns. I think the entrance with all its merchandise will keep me busy for quite some time.

Paypal money rolled in today so decided to just order the ticket now, no more hassle :)

I'll try to make it around 7am then.

My ticket for sunday is valid on Sunday from 8 AM.

I checked the ticket and the only restriction I found is that I can not sell the pictures that I take that day.

8 am seems to be the ambition, OK for once.

For the shop I saw the next model brands:
  • Minichamps
  • Kyosho
  • Scfiuco
  • AUTOart

If you are a lot earlier, try to see the race from the side of the track somewhere away from the main building, it is fun.

Vince, do not worry if 8 is too early for you. I will make effort to meet up later if you want.

Spa was real Spa weather, hope that the 24h of the ring will be a bit more sunny.

The oldfashoned TDI seemed to have outperformed the modern e-tron:
7158895680_588fd615d9.jpg

Audi was impressive.

For Nuerburg: shall we go for 9h30 so we do not need to get up in the middle of the night? Honestly, there is a lot to see even if you can not use your ticket yet, there are people everywhere around the Nordschleife:
IMG_0288.jpg

Hey Vince, sorry I only just noticed your question. I am OK with 9.30 for our meet. I aim for arriving at 8. That will be hard enough with 2 hours drive to a region that is unknown territory for me.

Poolhaas?

8 sounds good to me, we can catch up with Vincent a bit later and do some looking around first, if I find you :)
So you'll be at the Aston Martin shop then Marco?

8 sounds good to me, we can catch up with Vincent a bit later and do some looking around first, if I find you :)
So you'll be at the Aston Martin shop then Marco?

That's the plan. According to Vince it is near the entrance. So that should be good.

So got back on GT Planet :).

5 May I still foresee to do the LMS at Spa, if anyone is interested, it is getting short notice.

20 May is OK for me, last year I missed some cars though since they were out of the race already. I have a Ring Card (needed for food or drinks inside, easy to get).

We could meet in the gallery, I like this shop:
0709-aston-martin-store-4.jpg

Aston Martin Store Nürburgring
ring°boulevard Nürburgring
53520 Nürburg

P.S.: Might want to go on the motorbike like last year if I can. I also will be there 28 April (just for fun since I had to go past anyway).

Hi Vince, can you make this available on googlemaps? I cannot seem to find it exactly. And that is what I really need to meet up.

Is it C on this link? http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&q=...in&um=1&biw=1920&bih=973&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

Last edited:
Hi Vince, can you make this available on googlemaps? I cannot seem to find it exactly. And that is what I really need to meet up.

Is it C on this link? http://maps.google.nl/maps?hl=nl&q=...in&um=1&biw=1920&bih=973&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

The C is more where the Ringwerk (the start of the attraction that does not work is), at the closest roundabout there is the main shop and the Pit entrance (next to the cinema), going further in this direction to the Lindner hotels, you find the Aston Martin shop inside the complex (The Boulevard).

Actually the goal is to go the other way, you park near the Lindner hotels (nearest parking), see the loop of the Ringwerk (luckily I made a picture last time),
7220253964_90753bd365_z.jpg

then move into the Boulevard (building on the right when on the ring) and walk towards C.

I reorganized my whole weekend, but should be there at 08:00 as well.

wooohoo Vince also at 8 :0

Mind you that I am not sure if I make it at 8. Traffic jams, getting lost, walking etc... But I will try for sure.

wooohoo Vince also at 8 :0

The good weather that is in the forecast and the early hour should allow me to drive fast and safe. With the changes in weather I just will take the car.

As usual cloudy but warm, that means we can get anything from 14°C to 25°C depending on the path the clouds take.

Back