24hrs Nurburgring cars

• Thread starter Disavowed
  • 93 comments
Disavowed I'd be interested on your Peugeot 908 tune just to compare it with mine if you don't mind. I'm not the best tuner by any stretch but I get by. Left alone my Bobs pit the same 4 laps as the Audi R8. Seems like they have enough for a 5th lap but they go in on the 4th. Maybe with your setup I can squeak out that 5th lap?

Sure thing. I'll post it up after Bob's done in about 6 hours. He's currently running this race in a C9. 18 hours into the race and he's almost 2 laps ahead of the Audi R8.

Yeah the raining is the problem big time because of the stupid tire switching nonsense that the game does to the Bobs. I sat and watch alot of the last 24 hr Nurb race last time and what I saw was so sad for PD lol. It will pit your Bob in and put on RH while it's still raining heavily but it will put RM on the AI cars lol. So all of them slide all over the place for about 3-4 laps.

Ever wonder why when you come home every car looks like beat to hell? It's the laps the computer does this to all cars that have them blasting off into barriers and each other because it puts slicks on during heavy rain. all the cars do like 16-20 minute laps when this happens. Bob does closer to 20 minute laps with those tires on that's one reason your multiple lap leads turn into multiple lap deficits when you come back home hours later. And when it stops raining and it's time to put on the slicks the computer puts on the RH on Bobs car while it puts on RM's on the rest of the cars. So now even your dry laps are about 1-2 secs a sector slower than the R8 lol. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I would not believe PD would have let this out for sale like this lol.

I solved the RH after rain is over problem. What ever car you choose to run the 24 hr Ring with DON'T buy any tire under RM's that way the default tire it will put on will be same level as the AI's. If you want it to choose RS then don't equip your car with RM or RH.

Also the Bobs

Last edited:
thanks for info Snake. I suspect thats very correct about the rain and the tire switch though. I ran the Furai yesterday and came in 2nd, even though I did have almost a lap lead. It was raining when I left for work yesterday afternoon. I checked the car when I got home last night and it had HR tires so that explains the 2nd place finish. I think you can just go in and remove the tires from the car setup cant you? puts them in your item list?

And DV thanks for posting the setup on your GT. I dont have the Test Car but I have the White Ford GT Spec II car and I was toying with it last night to see how it did. I really like the Ford GT, the way it looks and sounds. Its been one of my favorites since I built the model of the '69 car in 1971 or 72.
I'll try your setup with the White GT and see how it does.

right now I have the Furai running again, started about 10pm last night and when I last checked I was ahead by a lap and no sign of rain yet. I should get home in time to head off a potenial problems in case it does or did rain since this morning. The Furai is great for this race, I think I get 5 laps before they have to pit for tires. Course this could depend on setup too.

Funny thing, no R8 in this race, fastest cars are the 787 Mazada and the Speed 8. and the Speed 8 is not much of a threat, he also seems to have a problem of extending tires for a lap longer than he probably should, and the 787 sounds like something is about to fall off...

Peugeot 908 HDI FAP

Aero - F: 60 R: 85

Transmission set to 420kph top speed.

LSD:
IT 10
AS 15
BS 10

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: -12 R: -10
Spring Rate - F: 15.0 R: 13.8
Dampers Extension - F: 8 R: 7
Dampers Compress - F: 7 R: 6
Anti-Roll Bars - F: 7 R: 6
Camber - F: 1.8 R: 0.0
Toe - F: 0.00 R: 0.00

Brakes - F: 7 R: 4

Car is equipped with High RPM Turbo and Chassis Reinforcement.

906HP
930KG

I found this car and the Audi R10 to be the most difficult to drive because of their ridiculously high torque. An interesting thing to note with the 908 is that it's actually easier to drive when equipped with the High RPM Turbo because it'll have higher horsepower but a lower and smoother torque output.

Mazda Furai Concept '08

Aero - F: 35 R: 60

Transmission set to 380kph top speed.

LSD:
IT 10
AS 15
BS 20

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: 0 R: 0
Spring Rate - F: 12.5 R: 12.5
Dampers Extension - F: 7 R: 7
Dampers Compress - F: 6 R: 6
Anti-Roll Bars - F: 5 R: 5
Camber - F: 3.5 R: 3.0
Toe - F: -0.15 R: +0.30

Brakes - F: 8 R: 5

Car is equipped with High RPM Turbo and Chassis Reinforcement.

577HP
675KG

This is a very well balanced car. Very easy on tire wear because of it's low weight. My level 40 Bobs were pitting at the end of the 6th lap with this setup.

thanks for info Snake. I suspect thats very correct about the rain and the tire switch though. I ran the Furai yesterday and came in 2nd, even though I did have almost a lap lead. It was raining when I left for work yesterday afternoon. I checked the car when I got home last night and it had HR tires so that explains the 2nd place finish. I think you can just go in and remove the tires from the car setup cant you? puts them in your item list?

And DV thanks for posting the setup on your GT. I dont have the Test Car but I have the White Ford GT Spec II car and I was toying with it last night to see how it did. I really like the Ford GT, the way it looks and sounds. Its been one of my favorites since I built the model of the '69 car in 1971 or 72.
I'll try your setup with the White GT and see how it does.

right now I have the Furai running again, started about 10pm last night and when I last checked I was ahead by a lap and no sign of rain yet. I should get home in time to head off a potenial problems in case it does or did rain since this morning. The Furai is great for this race, I think I get 5 laps before they have to pit for tires. Course this could depend on setup too.

Funny thing, no R8 in this race, fastest cars are the 787 Mazada and the Speed 8. and the Speed 8 is not much of a threat, he also seems to have a problem of extending tires for a lap longer than he probably should, and the 787 sounds like something is about to fall off...

Theoretically, the Test Car setup should work on the White GT. Please let me know how it goes.

As for the R8, I always exit and enter the race again until I have the R8 in the lineup. It's been the benchmark against which I can test my endurance setups. :)

I just printed out the setups. The Furai is almost done, even with the rain still 2 laps ahead with about 20 minutes left. I'll either try the Gt40 setup tonight or give my poor PS3 a day off to rest (been running non-stop for at least a week)

I'm going to try your Furai setup too. I have the ride height set a little lower 5/3 I think and spring setting a little higher in the area of 13/14 and the brakes a lot less like 3/2, camber at .05 and toe at .05, but my settings could explain why Bob has a hard time on those last set of turns just before the straight shot back to start/finish

Airscrew no problem. I don't know that you can remove tires after you equip them. Hmmm will check that out when I get home. As for your second place finish I'm not surprised. My guys are level 40 and they suck in the rain. That's why I make sure they have at least a 2 lap lead if I'm going out for an extended time period. The 2 lap cushion seems just enough to overcome PD's poor programming. Only once I came home and was down a lap and a half after having a 2 lap lead before I left. And it was because of the dreaded rain programming. Thankfully I had enough time left to overcome the R8 and win in my 908.

Disavowed thanks man. Will try it out when I get home. Also I do the same thing with the R8. I reset until the 01 R8 is on the grid. Winning against anything less feels hollow. The R8 is the benchmark for the 24 hours Nurb.

Funny thing is that when I run the 4 hour Nurb I always reset till I get the R8 LMS and Amuse S2K Turbo in the lineup. Those two push each other hard and if your Bob and car aren't up to snuff you will lose by laps. Even in B spec I love a challenge.

Yeah, love to see some nice racing even if it isn't me driving. My Bobs are currently running a Toyota GT-One and was 2 laps ahead when I left them more than 6 hours ago. We'll see what happened when I get home.

Toyota GT-One Race Car (TS020) '99

Aero - F: 60 R: 85

Transmission set to 410kph top speed.

LSD:
IT 10
AS 10
BS 20

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: -12 R: -10
Spring Rate - F: 14.4 R: 13.3
Dampers Extension - F: 5 R: 5
Dampers Compress - F: 4 R: 4
Anti-Roll Bars - F: 7 R: 6
Camber - F: 2.8 R: 0.0
Toe - F: -0.15 R: 0.00

Brakes - F: 7 R: 4

Equipped with High RPM Turbo and chassis reinforcement.

914HP (think it needs a rebuild)
900KG

Not an easy car to drive but will reward a well trained right foot. Amazing straight line speed.

Not sure by how much it won the race because it was already on the credits won screen when I got home but it did win.

GT-One, thats a good one to try next.

I used your GT40 Test Car setup with the White GT40 and I'm not sure it works as well for that car. I only did an hour test (it was Midnight and I needed to get to bed) and when I test I like to at least give it 2-3 hours to see how it does. And then if its doing well I just leave it running, but I like to watch the change to night and all the lights coming on and watch some of the night racing too. From start to night is about 5-6 hours though. I need to start those races by 7pm.
Anyway, I pushed the 1st Bob on the start, got the lead by the 2nd lap (no R8 but there was a GT-One and it seemed almost as fast as the R8). I was mostly checking lap times, tire wear (RS), and gas. First pit was 3 laps, fastest lap time was about 8:12. Driver change on 1st pit, only pushed a little out of the pits, 4 laps and pit, lap times around 8:30ish. I think HP on the White GT is 817 vs the test car's 826, but it shouldnt make that much of a difference. There might be a difference in the weight though, I didnt check that last night.

It did out run the AI driven White GT though, makes me curious what the AI cars setups are, you almost feel sorry for the C-5 Vette and the Lister cars that get lapped about 20 times on the 24hr race.

On the 4hr Nurburgring I like using the Audi R8 LMS car

GT-One, thats a good one to try next.

I used your GT40 Test Car setup with the White GT40 and I'm not sure it works as well for that car. I only did an hour test (it was Midnight and I needed to get to bed) and when I test I like to at least give it 2-3 hours to see how it does.
Anyway, I pushed the 1st Bob on the start, got the lead by the 2nd lap (no R8 but there was a GT-One and it seemed almost as fast as the R8). I was mostly checking lap times, tire wear (RS), and gas. First pit was 3 laps, fastest lap time was about 8:12. Driver change on 1st pit, only pushed a little out of the pits, 4 laps and pit, lap times around 8:30ish. I think HP on the White GT is 817 vs the test car's 826, but it shouldnt make that much of a difference. There might be a difference in the weight though, I didnt check that last night.

It did out run the AI driven White GT though, makes me curious what the AI cars setups are, you almost feel sorry for the C-5 Vette and the Lister cars that get lapped about 20 times on the 24hr race.

On the 4hr Nurburgring I like using the Audi R8 LMS car

It does seem like the Test Car is faster than the regular one according to other members of this forum. Haven't had to chance to test both back to back so I can't say for sure. The fastest lap time my Bobs did with that car was 8:08 and that was still kinda playing it safe by keeping the "Bob 'o meter" smack in the middle. They were doing most laps in the 8:20s but definitely mostly below 8:30. So perhaps there is some merit to the claims that the Test Car is faster.

The Audi R8 LMS runs very nice in the 4hr Nurburgring race! Love that car! 👍

The Bobs finished another race earlier today in the R10. They got to the lead before the end of the GP section and pulled away at a rate of about 16-20 seconds per lap in full cool mode. About 10 hours into the race, the rain started and soon turned into a deluge. In the rain, my Bobs were slower than the 2nd place R8 by about 10-15 seconds per lap. Out came the whip and I "conducted" them to a 6 minute lead before heading out the door. Returned 3 hours later to find the lead down to less than 2 minutes. Well, to make the story short, I had to "coach" the Bobs once every hour to guarantee a win.

If anyone has had Bob win this endurace race in the rain without babysitting him please reply.

I did the 24hr ring with the Test Car Sat-Sun with your settings DV. I pretty much pushed the 1st Bob around the track for the first 4 laps to get an early lead (light rain) and then let them cruise for awhile. about 10 hours later I pushed them again just for insurance (lead was 1 lap +6 mins). When I push them and keep their aggression up I got a 7:54 lap time, with just a few pushes lap times were about 8:04 to 8:10. Just letting them cruise cool about 8:20 to 8:30 (depends which Bob is driving, I have one that is slightly more aggressive than the others) All 4 are 40Lvl Bobs but the seem to have trouble with the last set of turns before the final long straight to the start/finish line. After about 10 hours my poor Gt40 looked like the Bob's had been using it for a rally race, smacked up, bent and dirty.

If anyone has had Bob win this endurace race in the rain without babysitting him please reply.
So far as I can recall I've had to push Bob in the rain and after, I've run this about 10 times and the 24 LeMans about 8 times but I didnt keep track of all the times it rained.

Also this weekend I played around with trying the NSX LM Prototype seeing how it would do for the 24hr ring. With pushing Bob and keeping his aggression pegged around the track I got a 8:04 lap time and about 4 laps before needing tires. Left alone on cruise/cool, lap times where anywhere from 8:30 to 9:00 but was able to do 5 laps before needing tires.
I need to experiment with the settings, I used your Mazda Furai setting for the NSX so it might need a better tune. I can see the NSX LM Proto might be a contender for beating the R8 but I think it needs a good setup to do it.

I also need to do a proper race with the white GT40 spec II and compare it to the Test Car. I bought one of the Peugot Courage cars this weekend and I want to test it out also. I've noticed when AI driven it starts pretty even with the R8 still about 3-4 lap then it falls behind (tires I suspect, it pits at 4 laps vs the R8s 5 laps) and then it just gets lapped and never catches back up.

I did the 24hr ring with the Test Car Sat-Sun with your settings DV. I pretty much pushed the 1st Bob around the track for the first 4 laps to get an early lead (light rain) and then let them cruise for awhile. about 10 hours later I pushed them again just for insurance (lead was 1 lap +6 mins). When I push them and keep their aggression up I got a 7:54 lap time, with just a few pushes lap times were about 8:04 to 8:10. Just letting them cruise cool about 8:20 to 8:30 (depends which Bob is driving, I have one that is slightly more aggressive than the others) All 4 are 40Lvl Bobs but the seem to have trouble with the last set of turns before the final long straight to the start/finish line. After about 10 hours my poor Gt40 looked like the Bob's had been using it for a rally race, smacked up, bent and dirty.
The lap times sound about right but I don't recall my Bobs having trouble with the last set of turns before the final straight. They are a bit slower but don't go off unless I'm pushing them in the rain.

So far as I can recall I've had to push Bob in the rain and after, I've run this about 10 times and the 24 LeMans about 8 times but I didnt keep track of all the times it rained.
Well, in Le Mans, the Bobs were also slower but by only a little bit while in Nurburgring, they are a lot slower. My guess but it's most likely because Nurburgring has a lot more turns... LoL!

Also this weekend I played around with trying the NSX LM Prototype seeing how it would do for the 24hr ring. With pushing Bob and keeping his aggression pegged around the track I got a 8:04 lap time and about 4 laps before needing tires. Left alone on cruise/cool, lap times where anywhere from 8:30 to 9:00 but was able to do 5 laps before needing tires.
I need to experiment with the settings, I used your Mazda Furai setting for the NSX so it might need a better tune. I can see the NSX LM Proto might be a contender for beating the R8 but I think it needs a good setup to do it.
You know... I was toying with this idea last week but haven't tried it yet. Could be interesting! 👍

I bought one of the Peugot Courage cars this weekend and I want to test it out also. I've noticed when AI driven it starts pretty even with the R8 still about 3-4 lap then it falls behind (tires I suspect, it pits at 4 laps vs the R8s 5 laps) and then it just gets lapped and never catches back up.
Haha! I just bought a Pescarolo C60 Hybride yesterday. My Bobs are running it right now. 3 hours into the race and they're 6 minutes ahead of the R8. It eats tire for breakfast, lunch, dinner, *and* the midnight snack. It can go 4 laps but the 4th lap is like in the 9:10 range :crazy: because there's only like a sliver of rear tire left for the last 1/3 of the 4th lap. I ended up setting my pit strategy to 50% strength so the Bobs would pit on the 3rd lap. Right now, I'm watching the Bobs' strength meter to see if they start the dropping loop...

The lap times sound about right but I don't recall my Bobs having trouble with the last set of turns before the final straight. They are a bit slower but don't go off unless I'm pushing them in the rain.

well it could be my Bobs or It could be the setup, but they seem to have a problem with just this one curve, wet or dry, thats just before the 16k mark on the track (slight downhill, tight right turn, then left turn), If I'm pushing them and I have their aggression up around 3/4 or higher they'll slide off to the left and get in the grass and then spin out and shoot across the track to the right and hit the wall. If I push them but pace them down just before that turn though and get them below 3/4s they do just fine. Funny thing though is they dont have that problem with the 4hr Ring. I think there might be a difference between the track layouts for the 4hr and 24hr race.

well it could be my Bobs or It could be the setup, but they seem to have a problem with just this one curve, wet or dry, thats just before the 16k mark on the track (slight downhill, tight right turn, then left turn), If I'm pushing them and I have their aggression up around 3/4 or higher they'll slide off to the left and get in the grass and then spin out and shoot across the track to the right and hit the wall. If I push them but pace them down just before that turn though and get them below 3/4s they do just fine. Funny thing though is they dont have that problem with the 4hr Ring. I think there might be a difference between the track layouts for the 4hr and 24hr race.
Hmm, I try to avoid pushing my Bobs that high in Nurburgring because of exactly this problem. It seems no matter what car I use, having the Bobs at more than half aggression in that section is asking for trouble. When I push them, I try to keep their aggression level at the middle mark or a little below the middle. In the rain, I need to keep the Bobs at about the 1/4 aggression level in that section otherwise they'll just be mowing the grass. They're plenty fast without having to go above the middle mark...

Well when I push them I just try to make sure I back them off before I get to those curves.

and... I didnt get the Peugot Courage, I got the Pescarlo Courage Judd GVS. man what a monster. I only tested for little over an hour.
1st Lap kept Bob#1 pegged all around the ring (even the tricky spots, no spinouts) 7:40.
2nd Lap 7:43, but almost no tires left after those two laps. It doesnt eat tires, it puts them in a blender and makes milkshakes out of them and drinks the tires. I went for 3 laps and by the last 1/3 of the track the car was riding on rims and pitted with a 9:28 lap time. On Bob#2, I let him take it easy and cruise and do his on thing and he ran about 8:30 on lap 5. Was able to do 3 laps with plenty of tire but 4th lap tires didnt last and 4th lap finished at 9:41.

I reloaded the race to get a R8, and the Judd Courage is a slayer of R8's. I passed the R8 right after leaving the GP portion of the track.

I would say using the Judd, I would push Bob for two laps, pit get tires and 20-25 liters fuel and should be back on the track before the R8 gets there or pretty close, then push hard for another 2 laps and pit before the R8 (should have at least 1:30 on the R8 by 4 laps) then it should be fine. push everyonce in awhile especially after you pit and/or when the R8 pits.

I tried out the Speed 8 for a lap just to see, I dont like it, its seems fast enough on the straights but it doesnt seem to like the curves.

What he said ^ 👍 plus with 4 drivers they get plenty of rest between driver changes. But the AI drivers, including the Bobs, will do an extra lap when they should have pitted to change tires, so 3 laps will have good times and then 1 lap will be almost a minute more as the drivers struggle to get around the track on bad tires. 24hr Nurburgring is not really a "set it and forget it" kinda of race. You will have to manage your drivers at least the first 3-4 hours, depending on the car you use and what cars you got in the field you're running against. And if it rains at all you'll probably need to jump in and manage them some more to keep them from falling behind, and when switching from Rain to race tires the AI will switch you to hard race tires.
I normally use soft tires.

Ok. Race report on the Pescarolo C60 Hybride:
It stormed off at the start of the race gaining a 20 second lead on the first lap. The R8 doesn't stand a chance against it even if it has to pit after 3 laps. I set my Bobs to pit at 50% strength and that seemed to work. All of them were refreshed when it came their turn at the wheel. 11 hours into the race and the Bobs almost have a 5 lap lead on the R8 then it starts to rain. I sat there for an hour pushing them until they had a 6 lap lead then just sat back and let them do their stuff. Turned back on for last 15 minutes of the race and the Bobs still had a 3 lap lead and that's how the race ended. It would seem this car is only marginally slower than the R8 in the rain unlike the other LMPs.

The NSX LM Prototype is a no go. Yes, it can do five laps easily before pitting for tires and sips fuel but it just doesn't have the speed especially when the Bobs are in cruise mode. Other cars just zip by before they can react. I did pull off a 8 minute flat lap but that was with Bob at full boil... in cruise... won't work. :(

Can we stick a V8 in it and shave another 100 pounds off the car? maybe get smaller Bobs? I did wonder about making some adjustments to the trans. Usually what lacks in straight line speed you can make up by being faster in the turns/curves.

well at least I know I can use the NSX LM in the 4hr Nurburgring, it blows the S2000 turbo out

Can we stick a V8 in it and shave another 100 pounds off the car? maybe get smaller Bobs? I did wonder about making some adjustments to the trans. Usually what lacks in straight line speed you can make up by being faster in the turns/curves.

well at least I know I can use the NSX LM in the 4hr Nurburgring, it blows the S2000 turbo out
Yeah, it does kill the S2000 Turbo in the 4hr race but it's really no match against the LMPs. If you have a shrinking ray gun, I'm game! 💡

I'm currently trying out the Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation). Could be a possibility... I'll let you know the test results.

thats sounds good. I know that Audi R8 LMS shows up in the line up occasionally, sometimes two of them. But I never paid attention to their laptimes or pits.

Makes me wonder about the Ford Falcon though, maybe I'll check that one out tonight. Its seems to go 5 or 6 laps between pits but it gets lapped a lot.

Oooookay, the R8 LMS isn't going to work. It's getting about the same tire wear and is more thirsty than the R8 LMP. Cruise lap times dropped to about 8:50... :( Oh well. You could probably win with this car in A-Spec though.

Looks like I found a car that can beat the R8 under normal and rainy conditions! Which car you say? The Pescarolo Courage C60 - Peugeot. I left the Bobs about 2 hours into the race with a 3 minute lead on the R8. When I came home, it's almost 10 hours into the race and raining with the Bobs a lap and a half ahead of the Audi. I had no idea how long it had been raining so I sat down and watched for a few laps keeping an eye on the section times. Depending on the Bob that's driving, it's just as fast or faster than the R8 in the rain. I've to go out again but I'll report on the race again when I get back. If all goes well, I'll post this car's setup once the race is over.

Edit: The Bobs win the race with a 4+ lap lead on the R8.

Last edited:
Back