Ride Height - F: -10 R: -10
Spring Rate - F: 13.0 R: 13.5
Dampers Extension - F: 7 R: 7
Dampers Compress - F: 6 R: 6
Anti-Roll Bars - F: 7 R: 6
Camber - F: 0.5 R: 0.5
Toe - F: -0.15 R: 0.10

Brakes - F: 7 R: 4

Equipped with High RPM Turbo and chassis reinforcement.

Imho, this is one of the easier LMP cars to drive. Close to the Mazda 787B but not quite. It's not the fastest down the straight (which is probably why it's not ideal for Le Mans) but it handles very well. Of all the LMP cars that I've tried so far, this one has the fastest lap time with the Bobs in cruise mode. It was turning in consistent lap times between 8:10 and 8:15. In the rain, it was mostly faster than the R8. :)

Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Playstation Team Oreca) '05

Aero - F: 60 R: 105

1KG Ballast @ -50 (I'll explain this later)

Transmission set to 410kph top speed.

LSD:
IT 15
AS 25
BS 20

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: 0 R: 0
Spring Rate - F: 15.0 R: 16.0
Camber - F: 1.0 R: 0.5
Toe - F: -0.10 R: 0.00

Equipped with High RPM Turbo and chassis reinforcement plus GT Auto's wing.

915HP
951KG

Compared to the dominating R8s from pre-2005 races, this car has been saddled with 50KG weight penalty and restrictor plates which resulted in a reduction of about 160HP. Even with the high rpm turbo, it's not a whole lot faster than the '01 R8. It won with a 3 lap lead on the '01 R8 mostly because it was just a little bit faster and tire wear was a little bit better. This car will do 4 laps before pitting with the last lap being substantially faster than the '01 R8. Performance in the rain is still a question mark because it did not rain during this race. As for the ballast, I tried out a little theory put up by budious (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=195966) and it seemed to make a difference.

heres a kicker.... Ford RS200... I tried it last night for about an hour or so. 6 Laps, until bob had to pit for gas, still had at least 2 laps worth of tire left. the downside not the fastest car in the race but I think that might be made up by not having to pit as often as any of the other cars.

Started in 7th and pretty much stayed there until lap 4, moved to 6th place then dropped back to 8th then back up to 7th. If you keep Bob's pace up he can close the gap on 1st but at the expense of changing drivers more often and using more gas.

thinking about running tonight and see what it looks like in the morning after about 8 hours.

Maclaren F1 looks promising too

Yeah I've noticed that fuel economy and tire wear alone won't win endurance races. I'll try to calculate the necessary lap times when I get home. My last race was using the BMW V12 LMR. It won with a 3 lap lead. It wasn't a whole lot faster than the R8 but it was faster by at at least 4 seconds on the 4th lap. I'll post the setup and details later.

Also just bought the Speed 8. It seems to be good on tires and fuel. In real life it used the same R8 chassis. Heh, we'll see how it performs.

Yeah I've noticed that fuel economy and tire wear alone won't win endurance races. I'll try to calculate the necessary lap times when I get home.

I agree but I think the answer is there. The R8s will do 4 laps but really that 4th lap kills them at about 1/2 to 2/3rds around the ring, and then the pit time is in the 1:00 range. The Speed 8 and the GTOne will try 5 laps when they really shouldnt because they struggle almost as soon as they leave the GP portion of the ring. I guess what I'm looking for may not be there, a car that will do 5-6 laps on SR and fuel and maintain at least a lap time within .30 seconds more or less than the fastest car on the track, which right now seems to be the R8s.

My last race was using the BMW V12 LMR. It won with a 3 lap lead. It wasn't a whole lot faster than the R8 but it was faster by at at least 4 seconds on the 4th lap. I'll post the setup and details later.

I bought the V12 but I dont remember if I tried it yet, I've also bought the R8 (yellow) R8 Playstation (blue/red) Speed 8, M/B C9, plus a bunch of others. The R8 with Stage3 turbo definitely wins hands down. I even tried the Gillet Vertigo the other night, its ok but still has to pit on lap 3 for tires.

I finally got the car I've been hunting for since I started playing in January, the Chapparal 2D. Going to try it on the ring too, might not beat the R8s but its gonna look good trying....

I agree but I think the answer is there. The R8s will do 4 laps but really that 4th lap kills them at about 1/2 to 2/3rds around the ring, and then the pit time is in the 1:00 range. The Speed 8 and the GTOne will try 5 laps when they really shouldnt because they struggle almost as soon as they leave the GP portion of the ring. I guess what I'm looking for may not be there, a car that will do 5-6 laps on SR and fuel and maintain at least a lap time within .30 seconds more or less than the fastest car on the track, which right now seems to be the R8s.
From what I gathered running the R8 Playstation and the BMW V12 is that as long as your car is just as fast on the first 3 laps and faster on the 4th lap than the R8 '01 then you'll definitely win. According to my calculations, a car that is slower than the R8 '01 and can do 6 laps before pitting will have to do at least 8:40 or faster per lap. You'll also have to take into consideration that a slower car might have trouble passing other cars resulting in lap times that vary wildly.

I bought the V12 but I dont remember if I tried it yet, I've also bought the R8 (yellow) R8 Playstation (blue/red) Speed 8, M/B C9, plus a bunch of others. The R8 with Stage3 turbo definitely wins hands down. I even tried the Gillet Vertigo the other night, its ok but still has to pit on lap 3 for tires.
Shopping spree! 👍 I also tried the Gillet the other day and it just can't keep up the speed in corners despite it's HP/weigh advantage. This is because it lacks the downforce of the LMP cars. The C9 is fast but you have to watch it closely.

I finally got the car I've been hunting for since I started playing in January, the Chapparal 2D. Going to try it on the ring too, might not beat the R8s but its gonna look good trying....
I've had the 2D for quite some time now. Think I got it as a prize. Never thought about using it though. LoL!

Regarding the BMW V12 setup, that'll have to wait because I got home kinda drunk last night and started up the race using the Speed 8. :guilty: 6 hours 50 minutes into the race and it's more than 4 minutes ahead of the R8 '01. I have the Bobs pit strength set to 40% so that they'll pit on the 4th lap. It certainly has enough fuel and tires to do a 5th lap but like you mentioned earlier, there's no point in doing that.

BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99

Aero - F: 60 R: 85

1KG Ballast @ -50

Transmission set to 410kph top speed.

LSD:
IT 10
AS 20
BS 10

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: -10 R: -10
Spring Rate - F: 15.0 R: 13.8
Camber - F: 1.5 R: 0.5
Toe - F: -0.10 R: 0.00

910HP
901KG

This car has a very broad torque band. It's really easy to fry your tires in the lower 3 gears. The performance is on par with the R8. Nothing shines with this car. It's just middle of the road; not quite as fast as the '05 R8.

Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03

Aero - F: 60 R: 85

1KG Ballast @ -50

Transmission set to 420kph top speed.

LSD:
IT 15
AS 18
BS 15

Suspension:
Ride Height - F: -15 R: -15
Spring Rate - F: 14.5 R: 14.8
Camber - F: 1.5 R: 0.5
Toe - F: -0.15 R: 0.00

871HP
901KG

This version of the Speed 8 has the modified Audi V8 engine from the R8. Originally a 3.6 liter V8, it was punched out to 4.0 liters and mated to a Xtrac transmission. This car isn't the fastest but it puts out some pretty consistent lap times and although most of the LMP cars with high RPM turbos guzzle fuel, this one is only a little bit thirstier than the '01 R8. It's capable of running 5 laps before pitting (in comparison to the R8's 4 laps) but there's not point in running a fifth slow lap. I had my Bobs pit strength set to 40% so that they would pit on the 4th lap. It finished 3 laps ahead of the '01 R8.

Yes, the new tire wear since the update has basically broken the 24hr races. You'll notice that the other LMP cars also try to do the 3rd lap on bald tires.... :(

I am 4 hours into the race. I selected the GT-R R35 Touring Car for the race. I picked it because it has enough speed to be competative and is relatively easy to drive. I didn't want to spend 24 hours with a very twitchy car and yet I want to win the gold.

I upgraded it with a high speed turbo to give it enough top end to be competative and am running on racing mediums.

My principal competition is a 787B Race Car. It has a higher top speed but I am faster on the curves.

I started on a three lap pit stop strategy but my third lap was slower and I was losing time to the 787B who is running a two lap strategy. I switched to a two laps per pit stop and have a small lead of about 30 seconds. This is just slightly over one second per lap.

I am enjoying the race because the competitiveness of the race keeps me focused and the GT-R is a delight to drive.

I've done this race twice; once with the Toyota GT-1 about 2 months ago (before 2.02 update), then with the Pug 908 a few days ago (spent the last hour constantly saying 'no' to the 2.03 update thing, lol).

The Toyota would have walked it but my bobs decided to try to squeeze an extra lap before pitting (5 instead of 4) after I went to bed (leading by half a minute when I did) so I found I was over 2 laps behind the leader (an '01 Audi R8) with half the race to go. I spent most of the day telling my bobs to 'increase pace' on RS for 3 laps and fell about 80 seconds shy of the win.

The Pug 908 was a simpler race as I stuck with the RH so I still had some grip on the 3rd lap while the other 11 guys were sliding about on RM's for the last half a lap. It rained for a good chunk of the race (probably for 10 hours or so) and my main competition was with the McLaren LM; he was faster in the wet, I was faster in the dry. Ultimately it was a reasonably safe win for me with a gap of 8 minutes over the Macca. Audi R8's (the GT car, not the prototype) were 3rd and 4th with an R10 in 5th.

Last weekend:

Nissan GT-R R35 Touring car

- 642 HP @ 642 PP
- Racing softs (good for 4 laps, incl. pit in and pit out lap)
- high fuel consumption (round 75 liters for those 4 laps)
- fastest lap 8:22:070

I did not want to take a LMP for this race, cause in rl there are mostly GT3 spec race cars and absolutly NO LMP.

The only two LMPs in the field had been the audi R10 TDI and the peugot 905 (the two battled each other the WHOLE 24 hours! Max 2 secs gap between them)

I ordered my bobs now and then, so after 8 hours their lead was about 6:30 minutes ahead the two LMPs. Went to bed and 10 hours later, my bobs were only 3rd, over 5 minutes behind!
Well, to be honest, i knew this would happen :) I pushed my team and in hour 22, the GT-R was first again. The whole 24hr got fine weather, no rain at all 👍

Finish Order (not absolutly sure after place 4 ^^): 1st GT-R R35 TC, 2nd Peugot 905, 3rd Audi R10 TDI, 4th BMW Mclaren F1 LM, 5th Pagani Zonda LM, 6th Citroen GT, 7th Ford GT LM, 8th Audi R8 LMS (Team PS), 9th Audi R8 LMS, 10th Corvette C5-R, 11th Lister Storm V12 LM, 12th Blitz R34 Skyline

Last edited:
davepiredda
Can I use the x2011 in either of the 24hr races? Also if u did it all at once, will my ps3 overheat?

You can use the RedBull and it's relatively easy to win the 24hrs with it.

As for overheating, I stand my ps3 on its side with nothing near it and it runs reliably and perfectly all day and all night sometimes when we forget to turn it off. When racing it does get hotter than idling, but it can withstand the strain of a 24hr game. However, just for the case of power outage, you can save during pit stops and continue the race anyway. If the worst should happen you can resume from there. Better than starting over.

And if you need a break, you can always pause.

Ok so in the last 5 days i've done 4 LeMan 24h and am now on my first 24h at the ring. I've noticed a few things that help get me by, even with stock vehicle setup with just a high rpm turbo. At LeMani was consistently averaging 10laps in the dry and 13 in the wet with my GT-ONE. In the rain even at 100% try RAIN FRONT / INTER REAR. It sounds stupid but my bobs were able to handle the car and were posting lap times around 3-4s quicker at LeMan. In the dry try SOFT FRONT / HARD REAR, i found that the improved front grip with the durability of the hard rears help my bobs get 5laps at the Ring in a 787B.

EDIT:Also if anyone wants to add me on PSN i'm Chado-kon

Just in case this isn't obvious to someone:

Do not set your Bobs to pit for Strength loss, especially during endurance races. It needs to be set at zero or later in the race they will pit every single lap to trade drivers. hehe

They do not recover quickly enough for that to be a useful setting. Basically, you will have all of your Bobs at below 10% and that triggers a pit stop. Thankfully, I realized this during a shorter race, when I was babysitting them and I was able to turn it off when I noticed what it did.

With that said, seeing as these races take an entire day to complete, I'm definitely in the RedBull camp on this one. Use a realistic car for A-Spec, but don't let your Bobs make you do it again because you weren't awake to tell them not to be stupid.

I did all of my Bob endurances with the RedBull Ridiculous-Mobile (obviously not the Roadster one) just so that I wouldn't have to repeat them.

Mess up a 24hr race with the Bobs and it's another whole day that you could have been doing something fun. Just my opinion.

I used the red bull :D X2010

Not that I needed to, just did it to have a bit more fun plus guarantee I'd never have to tell him to increase pace. He still managed to get about 100-150 laps more than the other guys.

I am reading that some are using the X2010 ... oh my ... don't take risks do you? use the M/B Sauber or the 1992 Nissan Race car... c'mon ... these cars are the best this class.. and even with those cars it is almost non-competitive.

I am reading that some are using the X2010 ... oh my ... don't take risks do you? use the M/B Sauber or the 1992 Nissan Race car... c'mon ... these cars are the best this class.. and even with those cars it is almost non-competitive.

We do it for ***** and giggles. :D

Am also one for the X2010 no chances of Bob losing besides can't babysit as l have to be at school then work

If I wanna babysit my Bobs, I suspend the race and resume when I come home... In B-Spec, my Bentley does great against the pack, and the last time I ran the LeMans Race, I just turned the tv off and let it run... Bobs won it after lapping second place twice... didn't even have to watch

I'm going to test something. A normal lemans car, no turbo, just a suspension tune and transmission tune, no baby sitting, if my team of bobs can take the 24 hrs of the ring on first.

I'm not up to the 24h endurances races on B-Spec or even A-Spec, but this thread is exciting to read and seeing what you guys have to say about certain cars but im surprised no one tried to use the Lister Storm V12 Race Car or the Nomad Lamborghini Diablo yet them two cars seem like they could have a chance against the R8.

I am a little confused when the guys mention this "update" stuff.

Does one need to be connected to the net for these updates or does it depend on ones disc? I have run my game with no internet access to date and have just completed the sarthe in b spec. I am still level 34 in a spec so soon hope to do the 24hr sarthe.

The reason I am confused about the updates is because when it does rain in my races my bobs pit and change to racing wets. These tyres seem to last the same time as the AIs do. Also when I run on the b spec 4hr nurb ring my bobs get 4 laps in the toyota minolta 88cv while others are mentioning that after the update tires only last 2 laps

PS for the 24hr nurbring I want to try out the Audi Le Mans Quattro '03. I haven't actually used in in gt5 but remember racing it all the time in gt4 on the sarthe and throuroughly enjoying it

The A.I is retarded and does some really stupid stuff during the race, like when all the drivers have been used they don't fill up their strength completely and end up pitting every lap or 2.

I did the race in a 100% stock 908 straight from the dealer. It's alot easier then it looks.

Back