The Renault Alpine- official pics of the new A110

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 512 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
It is rumored that were we be a new Renault Alpine, it should be unvailed at 2012 Monaco Grand Prix. The model will be a working prototype that celebrates the 50th anniversary of the A100. It's debut will also be used to announce the return ofthe Alpine brand.

There is 2 rumors about the car.

This is an older one-
Named the ZAR, the concept could be an electric vehicle but previous speculation has hinted the model might be based on the Nissan GT-R.

This is a newer one-
It will be based on the Renault Desir concept and be called A110-50 concept is based on the Renault Megane Trophy race car with its tube chassis and mid-rear mounted 400HP 3.5-liter V6 engine.

Source-
http://www.worldcarfans.com/112051044221/renault-alpine-concept-coming-to-the-monaco-grand-prix
http://www.worldcarfans.com/112052244574/alpine-renault-a110-50-concept-leaked

An leaked image of the 110-50 concept-
105837282144193809.jpg

320265049639488271.jpg

Last edited:
I love the thought of Alpine coming back, provided it's done right.

The daft thing is, they could keep the Dezir design without adding all the daft adornments as above. Designers these days seem to concerned with making stuff wild and aggressive rather than simply beautiful. I'd certainly prefer the stock Dezir without all the skirts and spoilers:

dezir.jpg

As for the Nissan-based speculation, I'd understood it was more likely to be based on the 370Z than the GT-R. Or potentially, the future smaller Nissan sports car, perhaps a non-electric version of the ESFLOW concept:

Either way, would be great to see it return.

The daft thing is, they could keep the Dezir design without adding all the daft adornments as above. Designers these days seem to concerned with making stuff wild and aggressive rather than simply beautiful. I'd certainly prefer the stock Dezir without all the skirts and spoilers:

*snip*]

Very true.

The original Alpine doesn't even look aggressive so when I looked at those renderings, I was like... You guys better leave the project if the result is going to be something like that.

All that I want to see in design from these revivals are the history, modern, beautiful, yet, classic. No need for these ''Must, look, aggressive!''. When the car is already old, the designer is simply making the new one, older.

I have a real soft spot for this lovely Alpine, if they want to revive it, make sure it works correctly in every way otherwise, leave it alone and better do a whole new project.

It’s very rare for me, but I would have loved to see a retro design for this car. Even so, the Dezir is a beautiful car, so I approve, the Alpine is one of my favorite vintage cars. I’ll click this thread now and then to see if anything develops.

Last edited:
That concept in the first post is hideous! Looks like they got a 5 year old on a sugar rush to design it. What's with the mad details?

^Look at the original Alpine A110. Then look at the concept. Then look at the original, and again, look at the concept. You can see where it got the design cues. And I like it a lot.

^Look at the original Alpine A110. Then look at the concept. Then look at the original, and again, look at the concept. You can see where it got the design cues. And I like it a lot.

Clearly the Gumpert Apollo. I like it, but as a retro car it's not a very good one.

This is a quickie ;)

We start off with this.
Large%20Image.jpg

The alpine a110-50. Built to celebrate 50 years of... The a110.
This...
5737822710_b916ace1c3_z.jpg
. So, a 400bhp supercar as a tribute to a... 138bhp meh coupe. Mind you it'll be quick. Crazy quick, the 50 weighs 880kg according to top gear. 880kg+400bhp= rocket. Or, if you listen to Renault, race car. Serious, they are wanting us to once again link alpine with Motorsport. Me thinks le mans 2013 shall see a new contender. A curvy, sexy new contender.

Renault have no plans to take it racing but study it. It's HUUUUUUGE wing. It's naca ducts and it's megane racer chassis and engine. It's shaping up to be an NSX contender, or even. An esprit contender. I like it, it has r8 style side blades, a dezirs basic shape and a s*itload of power. But they could have. Y'know. Made it a RR drivetrain to make it more fighty, more loveable and closer to the Frenchies trademark, adopted by Porsche 2 years after. It's set for a full release on Friday in Monaco and I'll bring you more then. For now peace out.

This article was posted in a different thread. Here you go :)

I see the design cues in the first rendering but my god its ugly. Renault tends to go majorly OTT on concepts but the end products I feel are a better balance.

I don't like it at all. As has been said, it looks extremely aggresive when compared to the original car.

I agree, they should just leave it as the Dezir untouched, and although not as beautiful as the Dezir, i quite like this concept done a while ago by Arseny Kostromin:

not as beautiful as the Dezir (imo), but still prefer it to the winged Dezir.

PS, sorry about the small pics.

Although in general I agree with your statement, I much prefer the front treatment of this new concept to the Dezir, love how those round air inlets echo those A110 lights and the overall shape seems to be sharper.
If they ditched that rear spoiler and orange highlights it might actually look rather nice although ofcourse it should be a rear-engined car with a visually longer rear overhang to truly echo the original Alpines but that ofcourse isn't going to happen.

homeforsummer
:rolleyes:

And where have you got that judgement from then? Gran Turismo, I'm guessing?

That "meh coupe" won a hell of a lot of rallies in the early 70s. Often beating that other "meh coupe", the Porsche 911.

I know of its Motorsport success. Le mans and rallying. But, it isn't exactly beautiful to me, then again beautiful cars today are what I'm used to. 14 years experience y'know. And I've never really gave it a second thought. I prefer the angular a130. So to me "meh-coupe".

P.s- my judgement is time. It's moved on, and I mean c'mon. It's not as legendary as the lancia stratos.

I'm not seeing the point of this revival. If they are going to rally it, then maybe.

Well, other than marketing of course.
new5_muttley.gif

That Alpine looks like an ugly Lotus/Bugatti love child.

Still, it's a historic name and it'll shift a few units. Do we have any performance data info?

P.s- my judgement is time. It's moved on, and I mean c'mon. It's not as legendary as the lancia stratos.

I know right? Why revive any extremely successful and special car if it isn't as legendary as the Lancia Stratos?

RR Layout that isn't a 911? Victory at Monte Carlo? Victories in dozens of others? Less than 1 ton? Pah, that's what I call a "meh coupe." It doesn't even have a Stage 3 Turbo Kit!

Standards, people. Get some.

Last edited:
Back