25th anniversary bug - never before seen in Gran Turismo

Romania
Romania
Sony, PD,

How do you find the bug in the clip below in a driving game in 2022?

I personally find it game breaking. The car is the De Tomaso Mangusta. Many, not all, suffer from this bug, among which the Toyota Supra, some Porsches, if you want I can make a full list.

Can you fix this bug that prevents one from drivig in a driving game before anything else?

Haven't seen this in 20 years of gaming, regardless of platform.

Sony, PD,

I personally find it game breaking. The car is the De Tomaso Mangusta. Many, not all, suffer from this bug, among which the Toyota Supra, some Porsches, if you want I can make a full list.

Can you fix this bug that prevents one from drivig in a driving game before anything else?

You know, Doc, you better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88.

Roads? Where we're going we don't need, roads.

I think I saw a similar video before, but could be different.
The issue there was the ride height was too low so the front tires did not turn properly.

Not that I'm saying this is correct behavior, but
  • did you change the cars setup before?
  • does it improve when you increase the ride height?

Seems to me that some people can join a forum fine, but can't read. Not all cars do this, but those which have this bug, do it all the time. Thus, logic dictates that this is not a hardware issue of any sort.

The issue there was the ride height was too low so the front tires did not turn properly.

On the De Tomaso Mangusta it does this bug with the car fully upgraded, stock car setup. The 94 Supra, same thing, 964 Porsche as well. I'll try to see if increasing ride height changes anything. Thanks for the tip.

Does your wheel work in other games?
Yes, ps4/pc. This is not a wheel issue, given that 80-90% of the cars I've tried so far in GT7 don't have this bug.

Yes, definitely a suspension issue, ride height has the biggest impact. Could you try using these settings on the De Tomaso Mangusta, if you have it in your garage?

Appreciate it.

Even going from standard suspension to fully customizable one takes the car into bug mode. But dropoing the ride height to these values makes it behave like in the original clip. The car simply fails to register/reproduce wheel input after having its ride height dropped, which is mindboggling.

Attachments

• IMG_20220427_121210.jpg
    IMG_20220427_121210.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 14
@jonelsorelz
I could replicate some of the issue. It did not prevent me from starting to drive, and I tried that also from standing still after I made the video, but it's clear the ride height causes the issues with the steering.
Once I had the height set to maximum, nothing of the sort happened. Also it happened mostly for me under braking.

Did you change your tires, or their size?
I left it unchanged at the comfort medium tires and did not change the wheels in and way. Maybe bigger diameter is also part of the reason, at least it would make sense since the ride height is the main factor. Bigger tires would mean it touches the car more, limiting the steering.

I also tried with the pad and it's the same issue. So no hardware problem.

@jonelsorelz
I could replicate some of the issue. It did not prevent me from starting to drive, and I tried that also from standing still after I made the video, but it's clear the ride height causes the issues with the steering.
Once I had the height set to maximum, nothing of the sort happened. Also it happened mostly for me under braking.

I left it unchanged at the comfort medium tires and did not change the wheels in and way. Maybe bigger diameter is also part of the reason, at least it would make sense since the ride height is the main factor. Bigger tires would mean it touches the car more, limiting the steering.

Thanks for this video. Can you show us images of what the car looks like from the outside to see if there is actually visible interference with the fenders? Many of us have experienced a lack of turn radius due to interference and usually the low ride height interference is visible. If this car doesn't actually look like there will be interference then it would seem there is some other bug going on with the suspension and steering geometry.

@jonelsorelz

Thanks for trying this out and confirming this, man. I can't imagine how someone intended for the steering input to actually freeze when the tire touches the bodywork in a driving game. I'll make a clip from the outside, given that the bug is pretty extreme on my side.

Last edited:
Seems to me that some people can join a forum fine, but can't read.
It seems that you were informed of this "wheels fouling wheel arch" issue in your previous thread back in March.

And the answer is also in these other 2 threads that were posted even earlier in March.

You seem to be so insistent that it's a bug "never before seen*" that you're not prepared to try anything else. Perhaps you should try that reading thing that you are accusing others of not doing.

* Apart from those other 2 threads obviously.

It seems that you were informed of this "wheels fouling wheel arch" issue in your previous thread back in March.

And the answer is also in these other 2 threads that were posted even earlier in March.

You seem to be so insistent that it's a bug "never before seen*" that you're not prepared to try anything else. Perhaps you should try that reading thing that you are accusing others of not doing.

* Apart from those other 2 threads obviously.
Thanks for reminding me something I didn't forget.

Did it occur to you, who seem like an intelligent gentleman with plenty of time on your hands to do investigative work on gtplanet, that I've created a second thread mentioning a bug which makes cars undrivable in a driving game because PD forgot to fix it in their latest update?

To put things in perspective, I will probably be creating another one after the next update too, if they don't fix it. And after the following one too, given that I paid for a product that keeps not working as it's supposed to.

Did it occur to you, who seem like an intelligent gentleman with plenty of time on your hands to do investigative work on gtplanet, that I've created a second thread mentioning a bug which makes cars undrivable in a driving game because PD forgot to fix it in their latest update?

To put things in perspective, I will probably be creating another one after the next update too, if they don't fix it. And after the following one too, given that I paid for a product that keeps not working as it's supposed to.
But this is not the correct location. gtplanet has nothing to do with Polyphony. Spamming this here doesn't change anything.

But this is not the correct location. gtplanet has nothing to do with Polyphony. Spamming this here doesn't change anything.
Rest assured, gtplanet is the number one place for PD to get close to the community and has been for years, probably decades. You look for GT7 official forums on Google, there's no Playstation or PD link. You click on Forums on the official GT7 page, it forwards nowhere.

Clearly the low ride height, wider/bigger tires, wheel arch interference.

Note that this issue was amplified in some cars with the physics model update on 1.13, as they reduced the transversal weight transfer on the rear, some cars have more suspension travel on the front, so may have interference now when there wasn't any before

Sony, PD,

This doesn't just happen in the 25th anniversary edition. I had that happen with the Amuse S2000 on the Lemans half hour race and I only have the standard edition of GT7

@ pedrocor
"Clearly the low ride height, wider/bigger tires, wheel arch interference."

I don't have any such mods on my Amuse S2000 nor do I hav it lowered and this happens on the half hour Lemans race. When I bring the car to all other tracks it doesn't happen.

Last edited:

If it is tyres hitting the wheel arch then it is not a bug. It would happen in real life. Just adjust your suspension back and carry on.

Why not keep the moaning inside of this one? :dunce:

If it is tyres hitting the wheel arch then it is not a bug. It would happen in real life. Just adjust your suspension back and carry on.
In real life, when this happens, the wheels still react to steering wheel movement. When this happens in GT7, the game simply stops registering your controller's steering input, thus stops reproducing it on the ingame steering wheel, and to the wheels. Which makes the car simply stop responding to steering input for that time interval in which it happens, not simply reproduce a higher feedback in the steering wheel.

Rest assured, gtplanet is the number one place for PD to get close to the community and has been for years, probably decades. You look for GT7 official forums on Google, there's no Playstation or PD link. You click on Forums on the official GT7 page, it forwards nowhere.
Apart from a brief period where Kaz would answer questions here on GTP, I doubt PD bothers to look into anything on GTP.

Few reasons:
1: GTP requires ENGLISH ONLY, PD is a japanese company and its workers many not understand English
2: A good bug report requires data.
The vehicle in question, what upgrades, what tires, what settings, what you did to get the bug to happen and IS IT REPEATABLE by others.
And frankly many people are not sharing that much data unless it is a exploit type bug like the Tomahawk X to get it to under 600pp where specific settings are needed.
This type of bug can be dealt with.
3: PD do things on their own whims, broken AI has been a thing since the days of GT2, yet we dont get a good AI, we get credit nefs and sarah.

Only a small amount before they can turn no more and are stuck as they are in the game. Still pretty realistic if you ask me.
Reminds me of Gumtape Deathmatch from Initial D.

Last edited:
Back