27 vs 32in for triple monitor setup

• Thread starter Crazydoc
  • 6 comments
Crazydoc1973
I need some help from those that have used both sizes.

I will be racing mostly Assetto Corsa Competizione, iRacing and Project Cars2

My PC is an i9 with 32GB RAM and RTX 2080. I am not interested in VR at the moment.

Rig: rSeat S1 and will likely get at Sim-Lab triple monitor stand. Fanatec CSW 2.5, formula wheel and V3 pedals. Currently using a 4K 55in TV at about 95cm from me.

With the triple setup I can get a 27in monitor about 55cm from me if the monitor sits between the wheel and wheelbase or I can get the 32in about 70cm if monitors are just behind the wheelbase. I used the edracing.com to calculate the distance based on size of monitor.

I would like to get a 1440p, <5ms, 144+Hz monitor. Ideally with G-Sync.

Most of the 32in monitors I am considering are VA and do not have G-Sync. The 27in ones are IPS and some have G-Sync.

Main question is regarding the size in order to get the desired 1:1 and 180FoV.

Would you rather have a IPS 27in just behind the wheel with G-Sync or 32in VA behind the wheelbase with no G-Sync?

Thank you in advance for your input.

I don't have triples myself but run my 4k monitor at 1440p for most racing sims and find it pretty great, it's a 27' LG model, personally when I do get a setup that is triple compatible I'll be looking at some 27' screens. Also for me at least the 27 is going to have better pixel density so being closer might not be a big deal if you have been used to the 4K resolution from the TV.

Thx Frizbe,

I want to make sure my GTX 2080 can drive the 1440p with ease. I placed my 4K TV close to me as a 27in monitor would require and felt very close to me. I may have to go with 32in just to have them a bit further away.

Cheers

Raf

I don't have triples myself but run my 4k monitor at 1440p for most racing sims and find it pretty great, it's a 27' LG model, personally when I do get a setup that is triple compatible I'll be looking at some 27' screens. Also for me at least the 27 is going to have better pixel density so being closer might not be a big deal if you have been used to the 4K resolution from the TV.

I’ve raced on both.
27s are the ideal size for triples the 32s while in menus were very impressive but once you start running a decent pace on track they became overwhelming to me.
Just a bit too tall.

The 27s also looked better, pixel density as said above. If I wasn’t going VR very soon I would buy trip 27s.
Good luck!

Thx Corsa. It's great to hear rom someone that used both setups.

I’ve raced on both.
27s are the ideal size for triples the 32s while in menus were very impressive but once you start running a decent pace on track they became overwhelming to me.
Just a bit too tall.

The 27s also looked better, pixel density as said above. If I wasn’t going VR very soon I would buy trip 27s.
Good luck!

@Crazydoc Have you considered an ultrawide? I've got a Samsung C49RG90. I used to run 27" triples, then 40" triples but got sick of the hassle. The ultrawide is equivalent to 2 x 27" monitors. I've been very happy with the results. It pushes less pixels than a triple screen setup so doesn't tax your GPU as much and set up is much easier.

This is my view.

XJdGd1V.jpg

That looks great! What is the FoV you have that set up to?

I still kind of like the idea of having the monitor just beside me though.

Rafael

@Crazydoc Have you considered an ultrawide? I've got a Samsung C49RG90. I used to run 27" triples, then 40" triples but got sick of the hassle. The ultrawide is equivalent to 2 x 27" monitors. I've been very happy with the results. It pushes less pixels than a triple screen setup so doesn't tax your GPU as much and set up is much easier.

This is my view.

XJdGd1V.jpg

Back