3 Chrome Line cars as Christmas present for Japanese players

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 199 comments
  • 37,113 views
LOL. Sorry but no. When content is publicized as "exclusive" selling or giving it away after easily borders into false advertisement (like Forza10 did with the VIP status, even going as far as using charity as an excuse to grub more money, making a ton of people angry in the process). Can't care the less if the ones that didn't care for that "exclusive" content earlier now whine because they can't get it.

Also, no collector's car is unbeatable. They just come pretuned.


LOL sorry but yes. Smackdown VS RAW 2010 was offered with "Exclusive" wrestlers depending where you bought it from, one of the codes was just a bloody cheat code and the other one ended up being put on the PS store ANYWAY for 72p or whatever it was. So if PD want to give away content from their game then that is their choice, there have been plenty of "Exclusives" that turn out to be not so, see GTA DLC for XBOX 360 (was later made for PC and PS3), ditto the Fallout 3 DLC, I expect New Vegas to go the same way.

Won't be surprised if any of the DLC exclusives for this game end up on the PS Store, I couldn't order a DLC exclusive due to them being out of stock so I would like to get those things, and I did want some of these exclusive things but had to miss out due to high demand or low numbers supplied, whatever way it was.
 
LOL! completely skewed and out of place comparison is skewed and out of place. Are you gonna bring up hitler next?

Good that someone got my joke :)
 
bla bla bla

Just because some publishers seem to have no qualms to resort to false advertisement, it doesn't mean that all of them will.

Ah, the "out of stock" excuse doesn't fly. Both the collector's and the signature edition have been in stock till launch basically everywhere (they're actually in stock in several places even now). if you wanted the chromeline/stealth cars, you had plenty chances to get them. You didn't bother, and now you're demanding the publisher to screw the ones that did to make up for your whims? 👎
 
I didn't bother? You have no idea of what I had "bothering" with, there were many reasons why at the time I could not pre-order GT5 (such as card cloning, which was out of my control and took AGES to sort out) so yeah, I did bother, I just couldn't because my bank was being fairly defensive and unwilling in regards to help. Anyway, where did I DEMAND anything? I don't care if they don't come out for people who didn't get pre orders (some places didn't even have a pre order bonus so meh) but if they do, they do. I'll get them just like I got the Jag XJ13 off FB (suppose PD ripped people off for this too?).

And not everyone wants to fork out the extra however much it was for the collectors and signature editions. I was interested in playing a game I had waited years for, the extras were not as interesting as playing a game that I had been really looking forward to, man sorry for actually just wanting to buy a GAME and not the extras that came with it, at least there was none of this crap with GT1-4.

Edit: So people bought those editions just for the DLC codes? Randomly generated codes of content that is recognised by all games weather you have it or not? I've seen the stealth cars online so the models must be there, so technically I have paid for that stuff it's just not unlocked. If I was going to buy something with the words "COLLECTOR" or "SIGNATURE" Editions it would be for the stuff that comes with it, not some random codes that are generated to unlock content already on the game disc.
 
LOL. Sorry but no. When content is publicized as "exclusive" selling or giving it away after easily borders into false advertisement (like Forza10 did with the VIP status, even going as far as using charity as an excuse to grub more money, making a ton of people angry in the process). Can't care the less if the ones that didn't care for that "exclusive" content earlier now whine because they can't get it.

Also, no collector's car is unbeatable. They just come pretuned.




And here's where you're wrong. I have an american account to access US home, and guess what, by redeeming the code on my euro account, the Jaguar appeared on the american one too.
You just need to create an european account to redeem the code on, and it will unlock on all the accounts present on your PS3, no matter the region.

The only thing with which this trick doesn't work is GT academy.

In theory I agree. Exclusive should be exclusive. But if others (from JP) can have them, then why not everyone?

About the redeeming working on all accounts, it does not in this case. I downloaded with JP account and they are not in the game. JP copy needed I guess.
 
In theory I agree. Exclusive should be exclusive. But if others (from JP) can have them, then why not everyone?

Because in Japan the chrome cars were not exclusive of anything. Japanese gamers never had access to the chromeline cars to begin with. They actually still don't have acces to some, considering that they received only half of the chrome line cars. So much for the silly accusations of a non existant bias.

About the redeeming working on all accounts, it does not in this case. I downloaded with JP account and they are not in the game. JP copy needed I guess.

It works with the Jaguar from facebook, and with the stealth/chrome codes from boxes and preorders.

@Seanorriss: people that bought the collector's edutions bought them for the entirety of their content. That includes the cars the exclusivity of such contents, when pubblicized as that. Anyone with even a basic education in marketing will easily explain to you that exclusivity has a value, and as such a price. The same goes for virtual items.

By removing the exclusivity of a good or service (real or virtual), they would effectively remove the value of that exclusivity from the purchase of the item publicized and sold as exclusive, and the ones that forked the extra money for it would have every right to be pissed.

you're very free not to fork the extra money for a collectors edition, but then don't complain if you don't get access to any of it's content. Other people paid for that exclusivity and are entitled to it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Because in Japan the chrome cars were not exclusive of anything. Japanese gamers never had access to the chromeline cars to begin with. They actually still don't have acces to some, considering that they received only half of the chrome line cars. So much for the silly accusations of a non existant bias.

Wasn't aware, I stand corrected.

And I was not "making accusations" of bias. Not in this case :)

But... Japanese now ALL get those cars for FREE.

EU/US had to PAY, or they DO NOT get them at all... It may not be "bias", but it sure is not fair.
 
Crybabies, I tell ya.

Whinging because other people might get your 'exclusive' fake, videogame cars?

Don't you guys have a keychain to play with or something?
 
ITT: people still can't accept that different regions get different options, despite it happening since forever.

Some people can't accept that different regions get different options because they're the only region that gets ZERO while every other region at least gets something.
 
They're not worthless, they have enough value to make me spend money on a cheat device that I'd really rather spend on something else. As for the Facebook challenge, I hate Facebook and have promised myself I'll never use it, especially when the prize is something everyone should have had in the first place.

Don't you guys have a keychain to play with or something?

Wow, a keychain! That totally makes up for everything!
 
LOL. Sorry but no. When content is publicized as "exclusive" selling or giving it away after easily borders into false advertisement (like Forza10 did with the VIP status, even going as far as using charity as an excuse to grub more money, making a ton of people angry in the process). Can't care the less if the ones that didn't care for that "exclusive" content earlier now whine because they can't get it.

Also, no collector's car is unbeatable. They just come pretuned.




And here's where you're wrong. I have an american account to access US home, and guess what, by redeeming the code on my euro account, the Jaguar appeared on the american one too.
You just need to create an european account to redeem the code on, and it will unlock on all the accounts present on your PS3, no matter the region.

The only thing with which this trick doesn't work is GT academy.

Yes but you are in Italy. does that not mean that you have the EU PAL disc. According to other threads ( https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=144318&highlight=facebook ) this is necessary. Apparently, if you have the NTHC disc bought in N.A. it will not unlock in any account EU or otherwise.
 
crybaby.png
 
They are still downloadable after 2 years.
 
Are you sure about this?

Yesterday i did a Japanese PSN and found the chrome line thing from the PS-Store. I actually downloaded it and GT5 Concept movie which i havent seen before.
 
Yesterday i did a Japanese PSN and found the chrome line thing from the PS-Store. I actually downloaded it and GT5 Concept movie which i havent seen before.

I can't even find anything GT5 in the Japan PSN Store. I searched for it and nothing came up.
 
So when i go onlime next. how do I go about acquiring the chromelines?
 
So when i go onlime next. how do I go about acquiring the chromelines?
You have to use Japanese PSN and i didnt get them work ingame. Somebody could test it too.
 
Back