3 Chrome Line cars as Christmas present for Japanese players

  • Thread starter Thread starter amar212
  • 199 comments
  • 37,113 views
Region locked :grumpy: .

I downloaded from my JPN account and the extra cars did not appear when loading GT5 (PAL) from either my JPN or PAL account, so like GTPSP the DL content seems region/version locked, ie you need a JPN version of the game.
 
Last edited:
False!
I did this as well. I am from the U.S. and when I downloaded the XJ13 it never showed up on my euro account or U.S. account. I did download it from the psn but it never showed up.
Well, it did show up in my EU, JP, HK and US accounts....(FaceBook EU XJ13)...
 
I tried it too. I was able to download them in JPN store but i wasn`t able to use them :grumpy:
 
I bought the CE and I don't even care if everyone gets a few of the other Chrome cars as long as I can get the Jag.
 
Damn, I had the collectors edition and enjoyed the two cars given here (also don't care if other's have them considering I got stealth when I wasn't meant to)...

But I also wanted the Jag. Oh well, not to worry.
 
I cant get them to work on my EU account , I downloaded them from my JP account and the Game data is there , but dosent activate in game so far.:indiff:
 
I also downloaded from my Japan PSN account only to see that they were not available in the game! I can only hope that these cars show up for download on the US site
 
Kind of ironic. Japan just imported the Christmas tradition and uses it as a sort of Valentines Day/ day for family (with gifts). Europe, America, Oceania and parts of Africa (+Azerbajan, Philipines, Papa New Guinea and Georgia, Asia) should be the first to get the presents.. + The whole world to be fair - Guess there won't be any presents for Shabbat or Eid.
- Todays lession.. 8 )
 
Japanese PSN account and Japanese soft here. Just downloaded the 3 cars - assume they work. Too late to try them now, kids will be up early tomorrow morning to open their Christmas presents!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
 
Merry Christmas everyone... New GT5 player here... where can i download the 3 chrome cars?
 
cant people just gift them to themselves from JP account to their regular account??
 
cant people just gift them to themselves from JP account to their regular account??

You'd need a JP version of the disc, not a JP account.
 
In fairness, Polyphony has already been quite generous re: the Christmas season. I don't know if anyone else noticed an instrumental version of 'jingle bells' playing on the main menu screen (the very first one you get to) and the fact that every day we've been given more and more museum and paint items. I got eight of each today - I got seven of each yesterday. Just a week or so ago I was only getting 5 museum cards a day. Maybe we'll be getting something even better tomorrow (Christmas Day)...?
 
Extremely false. Where did he get this information?

Just did some checking. I was very sure that only stealth cars came with the collectors... I was wrong. Not sure where I got that from.

Either way the point remains that they were advertised and sold as exclusive.
 
Well this kinda confirms HE'S FROM JAPAN. So, yeah.
 
Downloaded the cars from my JP account but doesn't show up with my USA game using AU account lol... I cant even get the jag from the facebook game.. I have downloaded it through my AU account.. Oh well..
 
Ofcourse yamauchi-san is from japan, lived from japan and hook ups fine japanese girl who easily screams with a little twitchy on their thing. Now, is this available from Barack Obama's adminstration?
 
"bwaaaaaaah! Yamauchi is racist! He's biased for Japan! *cry*"

Instead of pulling out this kind of frankly silly statement, you might want to try and use that gray matter you have between your ears (hopefully) or at least try and get your facts straight.

Japan got some of the chromeline cars we got in the collector's simply because they did NOT get them before. Yamauchi is SO biased for Japan that not only they didn't have the signature edition that Europe got, but their collector's edition is basically equivalent to the scrawny European one (it just got stealth instead of chromeline) with just the apex book and nothing else. So in the end they get no keychain, no die cast cars, no USB key, no certificate and all that. They also got no preorder bonuses.
On the other end Europe got the signature edition, and US got a MUCH fatter and more full featured collector's.

It's rather obvious why they didn't give away chromeline cars in the US and in Europe, considering that they were bonuses for the various collector's editions. if they did, people that bought those would obviously (and rightfully) be disappointed. PD ain't Turn 10, that pubblicized VIP status as exclusive and then sold it to everyone that wanted it, effectively voiding most of the advantages it gave.

It's actually quite funny that someone even expected it.
 
Last edited:
aberiael dont forget they got a blue PS3 bundle that no one else got
a blue PS3 makes up for no sig edition for japan
 
aberiael dont forget they got a blue PS3 bundle that no one else got
a blue PS3 makes up for no sig edition for japan

Oh really? so getting the chance to buy a PS3 painted in another color (that has very little to do with GT5 at all and is completely useless to anyone that already had a PS3, hell it doesn't even have a custom logo), makes up for the slew of content that our collector's edition got?

And this doesn't change the fact that we got access to both chromeline and stealth, while they didn't get any access to chromeline, leaving Sony Japan a window to use them as bonus content elsewhere.

Not that Yamauchi makes any of those decisions anyway, since anyone with a brain knows that collector's and special editions contents are different per region in many games not because the developer likes people from one region or another more, but simply because it's the local marketing office that decides according to which regions need more of a marketing push, which ones will have more sales and as such can afford a bigger budget, which ones are more likely to accept higher priced goods and so forth.
 
Last edited:
Don't really care. I got some nice cars in my garage as it is. I mean it would be nice to have three extra rides but hey I can't complain. I've been playing this game for well over a month going on two and I must say it's not getting boring yet.
 
Hello mates !

I just thought to share some info about Xmas gift cars which I received yesterday. No offensive or bad feelings for anyone, I just give some info about topic.

I live in Japan and I bought local version of GT5 some time ago. And yes, we did have Xmas "gifts" in Japan. With a little mixed feelings though...

Those cars didn't appear as a basic "delivery truck cards". I was waiting yesterday that something would appear on starting screen in notice area. Nothing appeared and I started to think did I remembered correctly. So I checked gtplanet news again and learned that cars are in PS-store. There they were, after downloading, all 3 cars did appear straight to my garage ( without any notice if I remember correctly ).

So I started to mess around with my Xmas presents. It was small disappointment that I couldn't paint cars. Also, it was rather strange that I couldn't race with new "gift Lambo" in a Lambo challenge !?! Some how car wasn't made in italy or something.

New Xmas cars themselfs are not so special for me (I haven't drive with Jag yet though) but still nice present. Maybe it's because of those five GT5 black edition cars (In Japan basically everyone bought GT5 with 5 extra cars and Apex book). I think it was nice extra because those five cars were and are kind of special compared to other cars in my garage.


Merry Xmas for everyone and Happy new year !
 
yep, they're exactly the same as the chromeline cars we got, they don't have a year, so they can't be raced in period races, they don't have a make, so they can't be raced in make races, they can't be painted, and the paintjob is rather bad, with some color that I personally refuse to even look at despite having them.

So yeah, people are whining over nothing, as usual.
 
Back