3 Medals Zandvoort and Suzuka, Impossible?

• Thread starter slthree
  • 52 comments
Obviously, it’s not impossible but it feels that way for me.

i’ve done four and five clean laps at both of these tracks numerous times and I still cannot get more than one medal. My understanding is that there is no speed limit and my understanding is that you can do it in practice mode. Am I wrong?

this is driving me crazy
Zavonport is hard,the only one I can't get the 3 stars..uggg

1st gear for 4 laps,it works.You do not have to break records to get them..Yes its slow and boring but no different to grinding for millions in GT

1st gear for 4 laps,it works.You do not have to break records to get them..Yes its slow and boring but no different to grinding for millions in GT

To be honest. That is not the point of this system. It works great if you want to learn this tracks. If you manage to do 99 in track competance ignoring some of them by doing it "slow and safe way" what will you do if this tracks appear in competitive matchmaking? I suggest to try hard and learn them it will give you more satisfaction. I managed to get 3 stars on Zandvort it wasn't the easiest one but it is definitely possible.

It's all good,i earned them the proper way,was just trying the help others.You can go any pace you want....You only need do it to get your 3 stars.Your not going to go slow all the time now are you.I answered the question that was asked.

It's all good,i earned them the proper way,was just trying the help others.You can go any pace you want....You only need do it to get your 3 stars.Your not going to go slow all the time now are you.I answered the question that was asked.

Not problem :) it wasn't personal and aimed directly to you. I was just encouraging him to make it properly :D

Funny thing. Sometimes the hardest track became the easiest with your best times on it. You tried so hard to get those medals on it that you are very familiar of it and can get faster on it :D

Well,did the 3 stars easy on Suzuka and zaandvoort..
The 2 tracks where I've got some "trouble" to achieve the last star of 4 clean laps was on Misano and Paul Ricard.

Kyalami's blind left curve maked me angry 2 times,but once you find you marker, it's ok.
Really liked the south African track

Plus it's as flat as a pancake and is surrounded by a blue-lined oblivion. Without exaggeration I would say it's one of the worst tracks I've ever played on.

this track(Paul Ricard) has NO redeeming features

Zandvoort seems like it's bugged on my game as far as stars go. It's the only track I have only 1 star on and I've done it seems like 100 clean laps. I know when the timer turns red the lap is invalid, but is there any other reason this track would not be recognizing my laps?

Zandvoort seems like it's bugged on my game as far as stars go. It's the only track I have only 1 star on and I've done it seems like 100 clean laps. I know when the timer turns red the lap is invalid, but is there any other reason this track would not be recognizing my laps?
If you loose control,or you going to slow the clean lap counter resets

Thank you for replying but I’m embarrassed to say I don’t know what you’re referring to. In fact, one of my criticisms of this beautiful game is that nothing is explained and I have no idea how I got the three medals on other tracks. I just did a bunch of laps and then backed all the way out and went into my profile to see if I got them or not

it sounds like you might be referring to something I haven’t discovered yet, something that can tell me while I’m in the session?
If you don't understand the game go look in the pc section it has all the gameplay information you will need

Well,did the 3 stars easy on Suzuka and zaandvoort..
The 2 tracks where I've got some "trouble" to achieve the last star of 4 clean laps was on Misano and Paul Ricard.

Kyalami's blind left curve maked me angry 2 times,but once you find you marker, it's ok.
Really liked the south African track

this is me.... just did 8 laps at Misano at a decent pace, no cutting and no running wide and still no 3st star AAAAARGH :D

A good way to earn the stars and have fun imo is to do some races against the AI and set it at least 88 percent difficulty. You should still be faster than them but they take the proper lines all the time and brake at the right time too. you will develop the consistency and achieve the medals without you even noticing. This game is blessed with a very competent AI. Why not use it?

this is me.... just did 8 laps at Misano at a decent pace, no cutting and no running wide and still no 3st star AAAAARGH :D
Weird, I got 3 stars on Misano. However i still haven't gotten 3 stars on Bathurst for some reason- normally I'm good on that track so I'm missing something.

It's very inconsistent track to track. On Bathurst and other tracks I just went slow for 4 laps, even getting blue and red sectors, stayed on track and got 3 stars easily on all tracks in practice mode except three. For Paul Ricard, Spa and Zandvoort I've done many laps in practice, hotlap, races, in day, night, rain, slow, fast and still only have 2 stars on them. I'm not stressing and hope I get it through playing career and other modes.

The worst thing i had to deal with was getting the red reset for track limits in one of the last corners of the last lap just because i could not stay calm and patient :D :banghead:.
Otherwise it‘s just driving around the track in a decent speed which for me is hard enough obviously.:gtpflag:

Last edited:
2 laps for 2 stars, 4 laps for 3 stars
It's a pain but can be done
Got all mine although if you're going to be doing private servers then the SA and all those other numbers seem irrelevant
Obviously it matters for matchmaking in public lobbies and competition servers

Back