30 fps or 60 fps Xbox One X

For consistency — because the racing games I play most often are GTS, FM7, and FH4 — I stick to 60fps. I imagine unless you have a sizeable screen, you won't really notice the resolution difference.

I've yet to actually try the game at 60fps, despite owning a One X. Saw the Digital Foundry rundown that pointed out you lose some other little graphical details beyond just resolution,, and decided I'd just deal with 30fps, since I was used to it anyway.

Maybe I'll give it a go.

I prefer playing 4K/30fps. I tried playing in 60fps mode but the visual downgrade was a bit too noticeable for my liking; there were more jaggies and the motion blur was turned down to the point the sense of speed was worse than in 4K mode.

The Horizon series has always run silky smooth so the 60fps gains haven't been that significant in my experience.

For consistency — because the racing games I play most often are GTS, FM7, and FH4 — I stick to 60fps. I imagine unless you have a sizeable screen, you won't really notice the resolution difference.
Even with a large screen the game still looks great at 1080p.

60fps just feels smoother all-round; it's most noticeable in the menus.

I've yet to actually try the game at 60fps, despite owning a One X. Saw the Digital Foundry rundown that pointed out you lose some other little graphical details beyond just resolution,, and decided I'd just deal with 30fps, since I was used to it anyway.

Maybe I'll give it a go.
The differences with graphical fidelity is minimal, but if I’m wanting to snap some photos I’ll definitely pick the prettier one. I do notice that things like motion blur and the anti aliasing is bumped down a tiny bit in 60fps mode, but the trade off makes it worth it in multiplayer, for instance.

The differences with graphical fidelity is minimal, but if I’m wanting to snap some photos I’ll definitely pick the prettier one. I do notice that things like motion blur and the anti aliasing is bumped down a tiny bit in 60fps mode, but the trade off makes it worth it in multiplayer, for instance.

I find the game is fine for me at 30fps, up through S1 class. S2 and X can be a bit dodgy - especially when you're ripping down a long, straight run of road at high speeds, where a lower framerate can really stand out. Thankfully there's not many courses or circuits like that.

If I was a more dedicated multiplayer guy, I'd probably switch to 60fps.

Latest Posts

Back