300 + B - Spec Points

  • Thread starter Thread starter kennythebomb
  • 33 comments
  • 2,930 views
Messages
4,394
I know it sounds CRAZY :crazy:
But here's how I did it:

I bought the Daihatsu Move '98 in the used car lot (it's the tiny pickup) and entered it in the Daihatsu manufacturer race for it.

Before I did B - Spec, I did A - spec to see how competitive it was stock. I then bought NOS and re-entered and won on A - spec. (On an interesting side-note, this is the only car so far I've that would take a 100 shot of NOS, and boy, did it need it, I rode it the entire race haha.)

So, then for B - spec to win I needed some more horse. I bought the stage 2 turbo and put it on. I also turned the TCS down to 0.

I did the race on B - spec, and when I got back to my garage my B - Spec points had leaped from 6376 to 6676!

The car easily whipped the others, so I figured 'lets try this with just the stage 1 turbo.'

I did it again with the stage 1 turbo installed, and the B - spec points went up even MORE!
 
I'm sure I remember getting close to a thousand points from a single B-Spec race in the DTM championship. I used my Merc 190E Evo2 and won by two tenths of a second from the Opel Astra - a really close race,
 
FYI the Diahatsu "truck" is the Midget, not the Move. :)
 
try the RX-7 that will take 100 shot NOS...upgrade it all the way...


600 horsepower + a 100 shot nos =:scared:
 
An other good B-spec race is the 2CV race from Citroën.I had a 2cv,upgraded it all up,and got a easy win.I saw that my b-spec points were grown a lot after those races. :dopey:
 
FYI the Diahatsu "truck" is the Midget, not the Move.

Thanks, I just remembered that a few minutes ago and I logged in to edit that out...haha oh well

but yeah I thought the limit on b spec points was 200, I guess 1,000 could be a limit? Can anyone else confirm that it is 300?

(on to finish missions and do the 2cv race!)
 
My first B spec race was the Mazda MX5 enduro and I got 610 B spec points for that.
 
So does the B-Spec driver get better based on points or based on mileage?
 
Both, really.

The more miles he drives, the more skill points he will get (as long as you don't keep doing the same series over and over.)

This translates to better driving, and he becomes decent around 6 or 7 grand.
 
I have gained over 3000 b spec points from the one make races. The simplest way to do this is just buy a racing flywheel and clutch to speed up the response of the engine. Then buy super soft or soft tires depending on the horsepower in the race. The one make races are usually only 2-3 laps so those tires will wear out just at the end of the race. Someone else mentioned around here the worst thing to do is use the weight reduction on a car since that is the first thing taken into account when the game grants you points. It is easy to get around 300-500 points after a series or races with this technique.
 
yeah I've gotten 909 for one race
 
Mouser, how?

For all of you stating incredible B - spec wins, tell us your exact setup, like I did.
 
Warp3
FYI the Diahatsu "truck" is the Midget, not the Move. :)
if you wanna get technical its the midget II. :dopey:
 
I won the 24h de la Sarthe (both) in B-Spec and got zero points. Cool, PD... cool.
 
Yeah, I believe I did a race today that gave me nothing.

I've also found that by using old cars seems to give me big points (around 65 each using the white '68 L10B or whatever it is called Mazda for the RE Races, and I used the '65 Silvia to do the Silvia Sisters races) and now my B spec has ballooned to just over 7,100 :)
 
kennythebomb
Mouser, how?

For all of you stating incredible B - spec wins, tell us your exact setup, like I did.

I ran the 24 hour Nurburgring race with the 350 Z LM with super hard tires on B-spec. The driver piled up close to a thousand points.
 
kennythebomb
Both, really.

The more miles he drives, the more skill points he will get (as long as you don't keep doing the same series over and over.)

This translates to better driving, and he becomes decent around 6 or 7 grand.

Well lets say, if he runs the 24hr race all by himself he'll get a maximum of what? 300 points? If he runs 30 different races and does the same mileage, winning 100 points per race, he comes out at 3,000 points. Same milage, different points. Which makes him better? I would think running the 24 hr race would do some amazing stuff.
 
[QUOTE='85fierogt]if you wanna get technical its the midget II. :dopey:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought about that, but then remembered that both Midgets (The "Midget" and the "Midget II") are both the same basic vehicle (just vastly different time period and an extra wheel), so the wording was still good. :)
 
Lets see how you guys got them big b spec points, in how you set up your car, etc...
 
I only b-spec the endurance races, i usually start off on a-spec, lap the IA's 2 times or so and let my terrible guy drive my nice Minolta on b-space 💡
 
Haha.

I just got 340 points for using the Isuzu Bellett GT-R in the Isuzu races. I only bought R1 tires, and NA stage 1. I also brought the TCS down to 3.

Tsukuba it might have a bit of trouble with but the others were a piece of cake! :)
 
kennythebomb
RxQueen, how much did you do to the car before you entered the race?

Just the tires. Maybe an oil change too. It was fairly close too, he only won by about 10 laps or so over one of the GTR race cars.
 
I think you guys are talking about beginning B-Spec points....after 3-4k points, it starts to drastically slow down. I remember getting 418 points the first time I B-Specd.
 
I just spent like an hour using my 300SL to beat the legend of the silver arrow (I had to keep entering in and out so that the SLR McLaren wouldn't be in the race) and I barely won each race, only to find out it gave me NOTHING in the B - Spec dept. 👎

My strategy so far has been using the old cars to gain big points, but I guess since my Gullwing was modded nearly to the max, it didn't give me crap :(
 
Back