30th July BOP Changes

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 55 comments
Don't forget that we get a new tire model with this update. This will change car behaviour.

In my opinion I'm disappointed that the R8 LMS still didn't get a boost in power. It has a really nervous rear in the corner exit what makes it sometimes undrivable or at leastu npredictable but it is also a slow car on the straights.

I can't believe they nerfed the Ferrari Gr.3. Since when has the Ferrari been storming the top 10? It's got enough drawbacks with PD's poor MR handling as it is.

A Ferrari driver won the manufacturers cup in the Americas region so there's that. Cars that perform well will get nerfed and cars that perform poorly will get buffed. How else should it work? I personally am shocked that a Ferrari won because i can't drive it worth a damn but it did so it gets scrutiny.

A Ferrari driver won the manufacturers cup in the Americas region so there's that. Cars that perform well will get nerfed and cars that perform poorly will get buffed. How else should it work? I personally am shocked that a Ferrari won because i can't drive it worth a damn but it did so it gets scrutiny.

Cars like the Megane Trophy with a clear pattern of wins on various tracks should definitely be nerfed. The 458 is a good (though old) car, but it doesn't steamroll the competition regardless of driver or track. You have to be driving in top form to get 100% out of it, which is not most of us.

I'm not sure we need it. It's very quick on some tracks. The problem is performance falls off a cliff after a couple laps due to tire wear, a problem all AWD cars suffer.
Yes absolutely ! It's like they are FWD and no AWD :confused:

I can't believe they nerfed the Ferrari Gr.3. Since when has the Ferrari been storming the top 10? It's got enough drawbacks with PD's poor MR handling as it is.
it's possible it was really fast with the new tire model. I have faith in the BOP changes, just look at the BOP threads to see how close the cars are on average.

Can't say anything about GR.4 BOP cause I still avoid that class in some reason.

Good to see Pug get buff that good boy need more love, About Ferrari that car still good in Croix (nah this track favorable for MR), I glad Evo GR.3 not get any nerfing so far. New tire model really fit with Evo :bowdown: while with RCF I almost can't turn with my play style :lol: To think it will fit with tail happy M6 too but I can't use it after last BoP get hitting M6 hard.

Understandably, the new tire model may alter the balance between cars even without changes.

That said, they could've at least given the Group 3 fat Jag a small diet. :grumpy:

After running a few races against the Ford GT I can officially say it is as insanely broken as the Megane trophy was pre patch. It has so much straight line speed that drafting past it is a dream.

Seeing the Top10s now, just makes me sad. :(

I'm sick of these one-make races AS drivers create. I get it, they want to stay competitive. But where's the fun in driving the same car, over and over again!?

Glad I left sport mode a while back. I was hoping for a good BoP change now, but oh well...

After running a few races against the Ford GT I can officially say it is as insanely broken as the Megane trophy was pre patch. It has so much straight line speed that drafting past it is a dream.

So which Ford is faster, Mustang or GT?

EDIT: The way I understand the GT is like a Porsche RSR's turning capability (due to MR layout), and great acceleration and top speed because of the meaty supercharger doing all of the work (never mind the ~545 bhp, it's a rocket), so it's basically OP.

I'm sick of these one-make races AS drivers create. I get it, they want to stay competitive. But where's the fun in driving the same car, over and over again!?

In no universe are the players responsible for poor balancing on PDs end.

Seeing the Top10s now, just makes me sad. :(

Glad I left sport mode a while back. I was hoping for a good BoP change now, but oh well...
The problem is that the Ford GT Test car is so good that it is unbeatalbe how it currently is.

Honestly I'm quite glad that I'm proven wrong and that an "old" Ford GT isn't bad like I thought it would be. But maybe it just got a little bit too competitive :(

Bummer because I told myself that if this car is even half-decent I'd start using it because it looks so gorgeous. That's out of the window now I guess

The bright side is that unlike the Trophy, the OPness of the car is fairly straightforward (straight line speed) and can be corrected with a simple power nerf, at least IME

In all honesty I thought that too but after testing it yesterday it’s still blistering fast. I wouldn’t say it handled poor before it was just...challenging?!
But, with the new Tyre update it looks like it has become more competitive. I drove against my Homie @Rickaldo23 in his McLaren650 and before the update our pace was very very similar, but surprisingly yesterday I outpaced him on all tracks we drove by at least 0.3-0.5 Seconds. So although it has been nerfed, it somehow is still very fast if driven properly and smooth which should now be even easier. Not to mention it’s raised fuel efficiency due to less power/torque eating less fuel/ killing less rubber. Maybe I just adapted faster/better but from my first impressions, the 458 is a true Predator.

Last edited:
Back