33 New GT Sport Screenshots: Civic Type R and New Track Confirmed

Header image for the article...is that a GT3 Beetle?!

Attachments

• IMG_4006.jpg
    IMG_4006.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 79
I haven't missed your point at all. We all have our own opinion on it. More real world tracks would be fantastic of course. But Gran Turismo was made of fictional tracks in the first place. It wouldn't be GT without them. They've Included Real World Tracks & Fictional ones to at least balance the rosta. Time will tell when It's released how this reflect with the rest of the fans but now GT Sport is properly finished this time around It will give PD to work on proper DLC for the game Instead of the smaller releases we've seen in the past.
I'm afraid you have indeed missed his point mate.

I have loved GT fantasy tracks since day 1 (GT1) and am looking forward to some fantasy tracks in the latest installment of GT around the corner.

However, the moment I read about the official FIA partnership I immediately had visions of being able to drive at tracks like Hungaroring, Yas Marina, Shanghai or even older tracks like Imola, Istanbul or Hockenheim.

Throw in the announcement of the the upcoming weekend events along with the Nations and Manufacturers Cups has sort of left me a little confused as to why there hasn't been more new FIA tracks mentioned.

Is Interlagos it?

I guess some of us feel that PD isn't taking full advantage of this partnership with the FIA, especially since the majority of these games are heading more into the direction of 'Race Cars' over 'Street Cars.'

Last edited:
so what ? most of them are real just a faw like the corvette are not official and the originals are great can't understand his point

I think the point being raised by some isn't so much the fantasy cars — it's that the scales are massively balanced in their favour. Here's a list of the cars you can see being driven in the real world (not counting VGTs):

2017 Acura NSX GT3
2009 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4T Sport
2014 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition
1987 Audi Quattro S1 Pikes Peak
2011 Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest)
2015 Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT)
2015 Audi TTS Coupe
2016 Audi TT Cup
2011 Aston Martin One-77
2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
2011 BMW Z4 GT3
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
2014 BMW M4 Coupe Safety Car
2016 BMW M6 GT3
2016 BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport)
2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS
2014 Dodge SRT Viper GT3-R
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
2013 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
2015 Ford Focus ST
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
2016 Honda Civic Type R
2017 Honda NSX
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
2015 Jaguar F-Type R
2013 Lamborghini Veneno
2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
2015 Lamborghini Huracan GT3
2014 Lexus RC-F
2009 Lotus Evora
2011 Lotus Elise
2015 Mazda Roadster S (ND)
2010 McLaren 12C
2014 McLaren 650S Coupe
2015 McLaren 650S GT3
2014 Mercedes-AMG GT S
2014 Mercedes-AMG GT S Safety Car
2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3
2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4MATIC
2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition
2012 Nissan GT-R
2013 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
2015 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo
2017 Nissan GT-R
2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Peugeot Total
2015 Peugeot 208 GTi
2015 Peugeot RCZ GT line
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2011 Renault Megane R.S.
2016 Renault Sport Clio
2016 Renault Sport R.S.01
2016 Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
2014 Subaru WRX STI Type S
2012 Toyota TS030 Hybrid
2015 Toyota 86 GT
2015 Toyota SF-R
2015 Toyota SF-R Racing Concept
2014 Volkswagen Golf VII GTI

Removing the two safety cars, and considering the near-identical M6 GT3s and R.S.01s, that's 62 cars. Knock another off if the 2012 GT-R is indeed absent now that the 2017 is in. That means there are roughly 2/3 as many real-world cars as there are fantasy ones. No other GT game has had even close to that sort of ratio — unless we count all of the Race Mods in GT1 and GT2 as fantasy cars, which I suppose is sort of accurate. :P

This is a very, very different sort of car list than any previous GT game. It should not come as a surprise that some folks aren't as excited about it as others.

I think the point being raised by some isn't so much the fantasy cars — it's that the scales are massively balanced in their favour. Here's a list of the cars you can see being driven in the real world (not counting VGTs):

2017 Acura NSX GT3
2009 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4T Sport
2014 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition
1987 Audi Quattro S1 Pikes Peak
2011 Audi R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest)
2015 Audi R8 LMS (Audi Sport Team WRT)
2015 Audi TTS Coupe
2016 Audi TT Cup
2011 Aston Martin One-77
2012 Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
2015 Aston Martin V8 Vantage S
2011 BMW Z4 GT3
2014 BMW M4 Coupe
2014 BMW M4 Coupe Safety Car
2016 BMW M6 GT3
2016 BMW M6 GT3 (Walkenhorst Motorsport)
2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS
2014 Dodge SRT Viper GT3-R
2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2009 Ferrari 458 Italia
2013 Ferrari 458 Italia GT3
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
2015 Ford Focus ST
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
2016 Honda Civic Type R
2017 Honda NSX
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track
2015 Jaguar F-Type R
2013 Lamborghini Veneno
2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
2015 Lamborghini Huracan GT3
2014 Lexus RC-F
2009 Lotus Evora
2011 Lotus Elise
2015 Mazda Roadster S (ND)
2010 McLaren 12C
2014 McLaren 650S Coupe
2015 McLaren 650S GT3
2014 Mercedes-AMG GT S
2014 Mercedes-AMG GT S Safety Car
2015 Mercedes-AMG GT3
2010 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 4MATIC
2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X Final Edition
2012 Nissan GT-R
2013 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
2015 Nissan GT-R LM Nismo
2017 Nissan GT-R
2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Peugeot Total
2015 Peugeot 208 GTi
2015 Peugeot RCZ GT line
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2011 Renault Megane R.S.
2016 Renault Sport Clio
2016 Renault Sport R.S.01
2016 Renault Sport R.S.01 GT3
2014 Subaru WRX STI Type S
2012 Toyota TS030 Hybrid
2015 Toyota 86 GT
2015 Toyota SF-R
2015 Toyota SF-R Racing Concept
2014 Volkswagen Golf VII GTI

Removing the two safety cars, and considering the near-identical M6 GT3s and R.S.01s, that's 62 cars. Knock another off if the 2012 GT-R is indeed absent now that the 2017 is in. That means there are roughly 2/3 as many real-world cars as there are fantasy ones. No other GT game has had even close to that sort of ratio — unless we count all of the Race Mods in GT1 and GT2 as fantasy cars, which I suppose is sort of accurate. :P

This is a very, very different sort of car list than any previous GT game. It should not come as a surprise that some folks aren't as excited about it as others.
well you got a faw points but techniclly the others are racing versions of the real cars & some are what we wanted to say like the evo 10 in WRC form

I find it incredible that Peugeot almost only exists in Gran Turismo! For that reason I am very happy. Seeing that beautiful RCZ in several variants I simply could 't be happier. I remember an interview when Peugeot's VisionGT car was released that Peugeot had chosen a partnership with PD because of their quality and innovation. It could be the reason why Forza, PCARS2 and AC have difficulty in getting the brand in. Peugeot could license a couple of cars but they wanted more. I simply wonder how far this partnership goes and what it means for the their models in the future? Will we see the new 508 coming to GT with a Gr." version included? Surely would be nice but it is very hard to find any decent information and confirmation on the models and what is included in the partnership. Will be interesting to see how Citroën is going to fill up the categories as well.

PD seems to have negociated quite a lot of freedom of what they can do with the cars and that I find a valuable asset 👍

So much for adding nothing constructive :lol:

Last edited:
Looking at a rally shot, I started wondering if they were planning to have every manufacturer represented in that class like in Gr.3. I started thinking of how cool it would be to have a rally NSX, but then realizing the Civic would probably be the more obvious choice. Then I came across the screenshot with the NSX on dirt and I am fully on-board with that!

I believe there still possible chances classic cars will be in GTS. I mean why PD put the S1 Quattro and let it alone without friends/cars from same era to play with? From seeing that, I could see PD intention to add more cars (and hopefully tracks) after GTS is released. Maybe 500 cars in total is still in doubt, but there will be more added cars in GTS even it is less than 500 imo.

Their fantasy tracks are nice always, but i'm not a fan of the concept cars. Anyways would love to see at least one drift specific track like Ebisu.

Honestly, having fantasy tracks to learn and race on is a breath of fresh air. This stigma about Sim/Simcade containing only RL tracks needs to end. it does get tiring racing the same tracks on 4-5 different games (and not even from the same series)

Honestly, having fantasy tracks to learn and race on is a breath of fresh air. This stigma about Sim/Simcade containing only RL tracks needs to end. it does get tiring racing the same tracks on 4-5 different games (and not even from the same series)
Personally I like racing on tracks that have a motorsport heritage. I want to race on tracks that I have watched my heroes and the legends of the sport race on over my 40 years of watching motorsport and that I've read about in books. Fantasy tracks do nothing for me.

My opinion about the new original tracks is this: As long as they are fun to drive/race on, it's all good for me. Take Dragon Trails for example. A really nice, fast and flowing circuit. Perfect for Gr.3 cars in my opinion. The whole setting is great too. And from all the footage we have seen from the new Kyoto track (sadly we only saw the small circuit) looks fairl decent as well. Just look at the circuits the Super GT races on, especially Sugo. The setting is somewhat similar to it. Can't wait to to see footage of the big circuit.

You should love PCars2 then. It's full of tracks rarely seen in the big, mainstream games.

Algarve
Classic Monza Oval
Classis Spa
Brno
COTA
Donington
Dubai
Spa Kart Track
LeMans Kart Track
Classic Hockenheim
Mercededs Benz Ice Training Track
Oschersleben
Various Rallycross Tracks
And many, many more.

GTS has more than enough tracks to keep me busy for a long time. And I like the one's revealed so far.

I would welcome more tracks as DLC down the road however. PD have to make tough decisions though, because you have alot of people complaining that GT classics are missing (Trial Mountain, High Speed Ring, etc., etc.), and also people complaining that real-life staples are missing (Spa, LeMans, Tsukuba, etc., etc.).

Who will they try to please.

Last edited:
You should love PCars2 then. It's full of tracks rarely seen in the big, mainstream games.

Algarve
Classic Monza Oval
Classis Spa
Brno
COTA
Donington
Dubai
Spa Kart Track
LeMans Kart Track
Classic Hockenheim
Mercededs Benz Ice Training Track
Oschersleben
Various Rallycross Tracks
And many, many more.

NFS Shift 2 has many awesome tracks too which i havent seen in other games. Sadly it isn't the best out here.

I believe there still possible chances classic cars will be in GTS. I mean why PD put the S1 Quattro and let it alone without friends/cars from same era to play with? From seeing that, I could see PD intention to add more cars (and hopefully tracks) after GTS is released. Maybe 500 cars in total is still in doubt, but there will be more added cars in GTS even it is less than 500 imo.
PD has put random cars that have nothing really similar "friends" or cars to race with in every title so far.
I heard they also put a Veyron in with....

Yeah, they do that. Maybe they won't this time, but that would be out of character for them.

PD has put random cars that have nothing really similar "friends" or cars to race with in every title so far.
I heard they also put a Veyron in with....

Yeah, they do that. Maybe they won't this time, but that would be out of character for them.

Okay, thanks. As for cars I agree it is randomly put. However my point is that there is one classic car seen in GTS, which there is possibilities for another classics coming in the future through updates or DLC. How long it will take or many cars will come is remain to be seen. I'm not expecting too much, but that is my own prediction nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back