33 New GT Sport Screenshots: Civic Type R and New Track Confirmed

It must be a good sign that there is at least one car that is not from the 2010 era. That and the Civic Type-R is a great addition as well.

I like fantasy tracks and all. But seriously? With the budget of PD and the focus on esports, surely real circuits would have been a focus?
I'm sure it's what everyone was hoping as well, considering the inclusion of the FIA. However, this is the first PS4 game with them, so I'm sure they're trying to show everyone what "they" have.

Some beautiful screenshots there. However, I am still not feeling remotely hyped about GT Sport. Oddly, the thing which may swing it for me is to see a fully featured Livery Editor as I have wanted one of those forever.

Most PD fantasy tracks are fan favorites. I don't think we should be worried about some more coming along.
For some fans, sure. I think it's just leaving a bad taste in peoples mouth considering the focus of the game, and the inclusion of the FIA.

(can't wait for this thread to turn into "fantasy stuff, therefore Gran Turismo is garbage")
You really can't wait, so you decide to introduce the thought early, huh.

For some fans, sure. I think it's just leaving a bad taste in peoples mouth considering the focus of the game, and the inclusion of the FIA.

You really can't wait, so you decide to introduce the thought early, huh.

Not for me at least. I for one think It's a great that Gran Turismo is now Included in an Official partnership.

Not for me at least. I for one think It's a great that Gran Turismo is now Included in an Official partnership.
You've missed my point. What I meant that with the inclusion of the FIA, and the focus of the game, I'm sure some people expected the list to be more towards real world tracks.

I don't really feel its too much of an issue for me, but just stating what I've seen across the board.

You've missed my point. What I meant that with the inclusion of the FIA, and the focus of the game, I'm sure some people expected the list to be more towards real world tracks.

I don't really feel its too much of an issue for me, but just stating what I've seen across the board.

It still says Gran Turismo on the cover , it will obviously have fantasy tracks , even with the whole FIA thing.

I haven't missed your point at all. We all have our own opinion on it. More real world tracks would be fantastic of course. But Gran Turismo was made of fictional tracks in the first place. It wouldn't be GT without them. They've Included Real World Tracks & Fictional ones to at least balance the rosta. Time will tell when It's released how this reflect with the rest of the fans but now GT Sport is properly finished this time around It will give PD to work on proper DLC for the game Instead of the smaller releases we've seen in the past.

I haven't missed your point at all. We all have our own opinion on it.
If you didn't than you're really portraying it as a different view than what I stated with your original reply. FIA's inclusion and the focus the game, people automatically assumed that we'd see an inclusion of a lot more real world tracks. At this point it is a little confusing what exactly the FIA is contributing at this point, if it isn't to be more towards real, and less towards fantasy. Not an issue by me, just that this is a consensus going around the board for some.

More real world tracks would be fantastic of course. But Gran Turismo was made of fictional tracks in the first place.
Sure, it was, in the beginning. There is no reason why it should stick to that philosophy now with everything that is available to them. It's just leaving a sour taste, most likely because the small track list in general, probably. It was the most likely assumption that would have made sense considering the inclusion of the FIA. Like I said, I don't mind either way, but these are things I've noticed that get brought up a lot more than not.

It wouldn't be GT without them.
Sure, that's true. It also wouldn't mean that it's not GT if it included more real world tracks.

They've Included Real World Tracks & Fictional ones to at least balance the rosta
Hasn't the track list been more biased towards fantasy, though? I can't find a complete list.

It still says Gran Turismo on the cover , it will obviously have fantasy tracks , even with the whole FIA thing.
Missed. my. point. I'm not talking about people thinking that there should be no fantasy tracks.

I Think that maybe for launch it Is easier to have fictional tracks meeting FIA regulations that existing tracks that require láser scanning and meet other regulations?? That's the ony logical reason that I found :/

GT-Sport-Blue_Moon_Bay_Speedway_1030_01.jpg

They really should clear the runway...

I Think that maybe for launch it Is easier to have fictional tracks meeting FIA regulations that existing tracks that require láser scanning and meet other regulations?? That's the ony logical reason that I found :/
That wouldn't hold much weight considering the fact that if they where so strict to not allow tracks that aren't laser scanned, than how are all these make believe tracks making it in? I don't see that as a plausible reason.

If you didn't than you're really portraying it as a different view than what I stated with your original reply. FIA's inclusion and the focus the game, people automatically assumed that we'd see an inclusion of a lot more real world tracks. At this point it is a little confusing what exactly the FIA is contributing at this point, if it isn't to be more towards real, and less towards fantasy. Not an issue by me, just that this is a consensus going around the board for some.

Sure, it was, in the beginning. There is no reason why it should stick to that philosophy now with everything that is available to them. It's just leaving a sour taste, most likely because the small track list in general, probably. It was the most likely assumption that would have made sense considering the inclusion of the FIA. Like I said, I don't mind either way, but these are things I've noticed that get brought up a lot more than not.

Sure, that's true. It also wouldn't mean that it's not GT if it included more real world tracks.

Hasn't the track list been more biased towards fantasy, though? I can't find a complete list.

Missed. my. point. I'm not talking about people thinking that there should be no fantasy tracks.

I won't scatter the thread board to try prove anything to you.

But at this point how can you give a non biased opinion into what the FIA are actually contributing towards the Game? No one besides PD actually know what the FIA have planned for GT Sport and what that will actually mean for Players. With all due respect though that consensus isn't shared by every GT Fan on GTPlanet. Respectfully It's your opinion. But without being a fortune teller myself I would not know what the future brings for the Series once the Game is released & The after DLC Support the game will receive to bring real world tracks.

Again I didn't miss your point. I simply replied to your statement that the FIA's Inclusion was leaving a "Sour Taste" which in my opinion is not & Isn't my consensus on how I feel about it at all.

I won't scatter the thread board to try prove anything to you.
I'm not sure what you're meaning by this, but sure, ok.

But at this point how can you give a non biased opinion into what the FIA are actually contributing towards the Game?
Bias had nothing to do with the opinions being formed. It's not too hard of a connection to make, to be honest. It's just the peoples fault for making assumptions, although, I don't feel it was a wrong one to make in the first place.

No one besides PD actually know what the FIA have planned for GT Sport and what that will actually mean for Players
That is true. To bad they wont tell us.

With all due respect though that consensus isn't shared by every GT Fan on GTPlanet.
Well yeah, a consensus is not an idea shared by every single person. That's what it means.

Again I didn't miss your point. I simply replied to your statement that the FIA's Inclusion was leaving a "Sour Taste" which in my opinion is not & Isn't my consensus on how I feel about it at all.
Except that it is. Sure it's not to you, but I made sure to specify some people, not all.

MMX
I was thinking the same thing. PD really over did it with the jets.

Edit: PD knows how to make a good track, so I look forward to running the fantasy ones.
In the PS1/PS2 era perhaps, not so much since then IMO. The new tracks look boring and generic, perfectly flat and smooth with no character whatsoever. I don't see any signature corners or extra details that really make them stand out like some of the classic older tracks. Walls and barriers close to the trackside giving dirty online players the chance to simply rub you out at will with apparently little effect on their driver rating. I don't see PD coming up with any El Capitans or Red Rock Valleys here. They look like glorified course maker tracks to me, made with minimal creative effort but with lots of work put into making everything pretty and high def.

That wouldn't hold much weight considering the fact that if they where so strict to not allow tracks that aren't laser scanned, than how are all these make believe tracks making it in? I don't see that as a plausible reason.

Ye,s but maybe the strict rules are for real tracks, but with a fantasy track that does not exist in real life the laser scanned thing would be out of the requirements and just should meet regulations as safety zones etc. Just guessing but at the end the lack of real tracks it really hurts :/

Ye,s but maybe the strict rules are for real tracks, but with a fantasy track that does not exist in real life the laser scanned thing would be out of the requirements and just should meet regulations as safety zones etc. Just guessing but at the end the lack of real tracks it really hurts :/
Codemasters dont laser scan all the tracks for the F1 games, which is a *genuine* FIA series.

Back