Polyphony Digital Spotted Recording Super GT Lexus RC F

I'm actually pretty sure PD just go around recording random cars they get access to without the intention of ever including them in the game just for fun, so don't hold your breath. :lol:

I wouldn't be so sure, we don't even know a sizeable portion of the cars that will be in GT Sport. Nobody should be making assumptions until an official car list is revealed.

I thought they said GTSport could have up to 500 cars?

But I haven't heard anything else regarding it again
And it seems like they aren't on track to get that many cars by the release date.

I know it's probably going to be sound recordings for something else maybe, but I'll be darned if PD introduces GT500 into GTSport

ss3
I thought they said GTSport could have up to 500 cars?

But I haven't heard anything else regarding it again
And it seems like they aren't on track to get that many cars by the release date.
He said over the course of the year after it was released, not when it's initially released. Not saying that'll happen, just what he said.

Well, now they have a sound for RC F Gr.3 - fantasy racing car based on real GT500 version.
I'm pretty sure there's no separate group for GT500 cars.
Not quite the same thing, the RC F GT500 has a twin turbo inline 4 like the rest of it's classmates, while the RC-F GT3 has a V8 based off of the normal RC F's V8. Not to mention how much faster a GT500 is compared to a GT3 car, they'd much more likely put in the actual RC F GT3 they collaborated on with lexus somehow with its own unique V8 sound.

It seems like they are running a bit behind if they are just now recording the cars and it is releasing early next year. Hoping it does and is a good game but not holding my breath.

Considering it's a bit of a rarity PD gets 'spotted' recording one of their cars, makes it just 'one' of the many cars they have planned for the game. It's obviously a continous project that hopefully never really stops. We 'should' have about 150 authentic vehicle sounds to start and then PD can send their audio crew around recording/remodelling some of the many awesome vehicles from the past games so Gran Turismo stays Gran Turismo.. : )

I guess that maybe Super GT will be under Gr.2. Well, either that or meshed with Gr.3.

Last edited:
Typical. PD modeling a car that has raced it's last race and will be obsolete by the time GT Sport hits shelves.

Assetto Corsa will probably have the new 911 GT3 Cup and 911 RSR before they officially make their racing debut, PD is still dedicated to having an outdated race car selection.

I guess that maybe Super GT will be under Gr.2. Well, either that or meshed with Gr.3 in some class.
That would be GT300 bro :)

upgt300.jpg

Not quite the same thing, the RC F GT500 has a twin turbo inline 4 like the rest of it's classmates, while the RC-F GT3 has a V8 based off of the normal RC F's V8. Not to mention how much faster a GT500 is compared to a GT3 car, they'd much more likely put in the actual RC F GT3 they collaborated on with lexus somehow with its own unique V8 sound.
Single turbo direct injection in line 4.
Typical. PD modeling a car that has raced it's last race and will be obsolete by the time GT Sport hits shelves.

Assetto Corsa will probably have the new 911 GT3 Cup and 911 RSR before they officially make their racing debut, PD is still dedicated to having an outdated race car selection.
That's good for AC, but the car is not obsolete. It just won the GT500 championship. I don't care if the cars are from 2016 or 1996, if they're important and done right, then it's a welcome addition. And at least GT is likely to add Super GT cars.

Single turbo direct injection in line 4.

That's good for AC, but the car is not obsolete. It just won the GT500 championship. I don't care if the cars are from 2016 or 1996, if they're important and done right, then it's a welcome addition. And at least GT is likely to add Super GT cars.

To be fair, since GT Sport has fantasy classes with fantasy cars all racing against BOP'd real-world racers, whether or not a car is obsolete matters little in the grand scheme of the game. PD could stick an RC F GT500 in the game and make it perform however it deems fit at this point.

To be fair, since GT Sport has fantasy classes with fantasy cars all racing against BOP'd real-world racers, whether or not a car is obsolete matters little in the grand scheme of the game. PD could stick an RC F GT500 in the game and make it perform however it deems fit at this point.
That's fine. But, I don't see anything showing the cars don't perform as they should or should I say have real life specs before being added to a specific class. Kinda like it's bop'd for you, but you can run it in it's normal specs. Hopefully that's the case. It seemed to be so with that image of the two different Mazda LM55's.

PD is dedicated to having replays of Super GT races among other things. Assetto..
Just saying.

Again the negativity keeps increasing here. Just wow!

Last edited:
It's not an issue in isolation, but PD feeding consumers newish cars only after they've been replaced is a trend they've developed recently. The RC F GT500 is new enough, sure, but that the LC500 is replacing it is well documented and PD should have pushed for that instead. Having the newest cars adds to the topical attractiveness of the game and adds to the immersion, which may not matter to you but it does matter for some of us. PD can do better in this regard and their game planning comes across as lazy (or at least inflexible).

Though, as SlipZtrEm pointed out, perhaps complaining about elements of situational immersion are a moot point with mixing classes and Vision GTs abound.
PD is dedicated to having replays of Super GT races among other things. Assetto..
Just saying.
Mr. Strawman, we are talking about car selection and licensing, not replays. This isn't game vs game, I'm using AC as an example to help illustrate my dissatisfaction with a certain element of PD's operation, nothing more. Get your belligerence and baiting out of here.

Back