Microsoft Reveals Minimum PC Requirements for Windows 10 VR Headsets, Prices Start at $299

Interesting. I really want to start my own VR journey in 2017, but im unsure on which plattform, to be honest. I was interested in PSVR, but seeing how this turns out to be, i am a bit sceptical. I had high hopes for GT Sport, but it seems the PS4 simply isnt ready for VR.

I would like to experience Resident Evil 7 and Assetto Corsa in VR, but Oculus is expensive and i would need the hardware capable of running it. That would mean a whole new PC.

Being able to use an VR headset both with Windows 7 and project scorpio (forza 7) could be tempting, but on the other hand... with a powerful PC, i dont need scorpio anymore.

I hope MS are still making strides on the Hololens front, the idea of playing FIFA, Pro Evo, Street Fighter, Civilization and the likes on my coffee table is more exiting to me than any VR offering so far.

I hope MS are still making strides on the Hololens front, the idea of playing FIFA, Pro Evo, Street Fighter, Civilization and the likes on my coffee table is more exiting to me than any VR offering so far.

They most certainly are but HoloLens isn't intended for that demographic, at least not in its current format. However, HoloLens and W10 VR already share key features and the R&D from the project is going to be shared with their partners to improve the headsets (and to help them better understand taking advantage of the technology) moving forward.

Very cool to see the HDM/VR market moving so quickly. I'm lucky enough to have been gaming stereoscopically on standard 3D displays for more than half a decade now, so I have time to wait the market out a bit. (I'm already gaming with half the VR experience, essentially - Assetto Corsa looks fantastic in 3D through Tri-Def, for example, so I feel far less pressure to update immediately to an HDM than I would if I was still gaming in 2D.) What I very much hope we DON'T see is companies signing exclusive contracts to support only specific HMDs. When I buy an HMD, I want it to to be universally assessable to any VR-ready game for Windows.

Last edited:
I also just want to add this:
I see lost of posts from people who Don't own the PSVR talking about its poor display / resolution.
I can tell you, this is not the case.
the PSVR has good resolution and is right up there with the Rift, and Vive.

I think the too Quick to release VR titles that didn't do it justice are to blame. Not the Hardware itself.
and on the basic PS4, the VR is not compromised, it plays just as well on the PS4 as it Does on the Pro.
You DO NOT need the PS4 Pro to enjoy the PSVR.
I have (3) PS4's, two 1st release PS4's, and a PS4 pro, and I have the PSVR headset. Plus Most of the PS4 VR titles.

There are VR titles that aren't as good ( such as Drive Club is the Worst VR example. )

and there are Great VR titles ( Call of Duty, stunning High Quality graphics )
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...ence/cid=UP0002-CUSA06832_00-CALLOFDUTYJACKAL

@WyldAnimal I moved your posts as they're more appropriate here than where you originally posted them.

Last edited:
Significant steps have been made (by the community) towards making the PSVR HMD usable on PC already...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/59z5zv/porting_ps_vr_to_pc/

Any new VR platform is fantastic for consumers as imho the display resolution needs to be significantly improved to match what consumers experience when they look at graphics on a TV. I feel that is the baseline for it to be mainstream.

I'm still highly doubtful that the "inside out" tracking can match even PS VR tracking at that price point and I'm sure you've all read the (untrue in my experience) articles about the dreadful tracking on PS VR so it's going to be very interesting as more specifications are revealed.

@WyldAnimal I moved your posts as they're more appropriate here than where you originally posted them.
OK, but I thought they were on topic / appropriate in the MS VR thread where I posted them.

Being able to use the PSVR on the PC is an Option that MS VR potential users should be aware of.
and Also, the Comment I was responding too, made reference about PS4 not being capable of VR.

My Posts in here, seem to be Of topic and not relevant to the OP.

OK, but I thought they were on topic / appropriate in the MS VR thread where I posted them.

Honestly, it could go either way with where it's most appropriate but given the circumstances you may have a point.

Being able to use the PSVR on the PC is an Option that MS VR potential users should be aware of.

I wouldn't dare say otherwise. However, there is the factor of someone not owning PSVR having to pay more than they would for Windows 10 VR.

Also, the Comment I was responding too, made reference about PS4 not being capable of VR.

I see a comment stating the PS4 isn't ready for VR, but nothing about it being incapable of it.

My Posts in here, seem to be Of topic and not relevant to the OP.

Irrelevant to the OP, perhaps. Off topic? No.

I'll move your original reply (in addition to these) back to thread in hopes of it sparking some form of discussion.

Back