January Rockstar Car Pack - Now Available

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 213 comments

-Fred-

This is a custom title
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Somewhere.
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst88402_January-DLC-Clue-Thread.aspx

One of those is the already known BMW i8, but I don't know which one.

Clue 1 Car 1

Race bred for your safety!

Clue 1 Car 2

This ain't your mama's Explorer but it does have an Ecoboost motor.

Clue 1 Car 3

Public safety be damned, they should have built it.

Clue 1 Car 4

I ate too much over the holidays. Did you?

Clue 1 Car 5

SpiralCell Technology makes Optima batteries some of the best you can buy.

Clue 1 Car 6

Paid for and fueled by caffeine.

Clue 1 Car 7

Should you reach this peak, the ride will be well worth the price.

#2 is very obviously this:
gpymrzye38urtowvlxvr.jpg

Car 7- Pikes peak hill climb car? Peugeot

Car 6- A red bull race car? F1 or Dakar racer

Car 4- a widebody car? A 50s hotrod or car with big fenders. Something with big "hips".

Car 1- maybe a Safety Car

Car 6 could be a Monster Energy sponsored car. Perhaps Vaughn Gitten Jr's Mustang?

The I8 is clue 4

I ate.. I 8.

Man, is T10 going for the cheap joke? I mean it makes sense, but good lord, that's rather childish... :lol:

Maybe I should try my hand at this, should be fun trying to guess things with these ambiguous clues;

Clue 1 Car 1

Race bred for your safety! - Another trackday car that isn't quite road-legal, therefore it's safe because it can't go on roads? I don't quite know anything specific for this one now, maybe I will do so at a later date...

Clue 1 Car 2

This ain't your mama's Explorer but it does have an Ecoboost motor. - Well Fred probably got this right with his very first post here; it's bound to be a Police Interceptor Explorer. Now those who love to roleplay as police officers will have their patrol SUVs to go along with their Crown Vics...

Clue 1 Car 3

Public safety be damned, they should have built it. - Ambiguous clue, we meet again. :mischievous: :lol:
Again, a lot of cars fill this requirement. Concept cars that had ridiculous performance but never happened as production cars (i.e. Renault Espace F1)? One-off cars that were road-legal but too expensive to manufacture in a mass production sense (i.e. Nissan Juke/Qashqai GT-R)?

I don't really know, but I'll go with the Juke or the Qashqai. The GT-R powerplant is in the game, might as well just add the faux-SUV body...

Clue 1 Car 4

I ate too much over the holidays. Did you? - Possibly the Jensen Interceptor? It was never a lightweight car, especially after Jensen slapped a 4WD system into it... I just don't want to say this is the i8 clue, just because it's too darn silly and childish-like, haha. :lol:

Clue 1 Car 5

SpiralCell Technology makes Optima batteries some of the best you can buy. - T10, shilling SpiralCell products like nothing else... :lol:

Joke aside, what is this supposed to imply? An electric car (the i8)? A Kia Optima? That last one sounds farfetched, but you never know with these DLC packs... I want to say electric car, but if that's the case, then it's bound to be the i8. Either that or a Tesla Model X...

Clue 1 Car 6

Paid for and fueled by caffeine. - AudiMan's probably got the right idea with his Monster reference. But Monster has sponsored quite a handful of cars, including a few of Ken Block's own rides. In that sense, it could be his old Impreza. Or if we really want to get crazy, Daigo Saito's Lamborghini Murcielago, which is also Monster-sponsored...

Clue 1 Car 7

Should you reach this peak, the ride will be well worth the price. - Sounds like a Pikes Car to me, yes. If it is, then my money is on the Peugeot 208 T16, since it's already made for asphalt... If not, it could be a naturally-aspirated Honda we haven't gotten yet, like the FD2 Civic.
Hey, a guy can dream, right?

With the i8 having been announced and the release was during the festive period, it makes sense for the obvious clue to be the i8. Why have people reaching for a car revealed?

SpiralCell Technology makes Optima batteries some of the best you can buy.

These batteries are available with different coloured tops including red. GM's 20XE motor was dubbed the "Red Top" and found its way into a number of Opel and Vauxhall models during the late '80s and early '90s. The 1988 Astra GTE was one such recipient.

Nothing like stretching a clue to breaking point to suit your desires. :dopey:

I'd be a very happy person indeed if Clue 3 did end up being the Espace F1.

That would be an awesome edition to the game.

Don't believe I've seen it since Gran Turismo 2.

#2 is actually the Radical RXC this time. 3.5 twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 which I believe sees service in Ferd's vans, trucks and SUVs over the pond.

I want #6 to be the V2 Hoonicorn but that there Hoonigan DLC is supposed to have a "Ken Block car" as the showpiece. So maybe not. Then again energy drinks sponsor every race car in every series so how are we supposed to narrow this down? And how early can we expect to see the AM-RB 001 start appearing in games? Unless Starbucks is bankrolling some car company we've never heard of.

#7 isn't a Pikes Peak car and is instead the Bentley Bentayga which takes its name from the Roque Bentayga in Gran Canaria. The Bentley's pricetag is certainly is something to consider.

GranCanaria_roquebentaygapa_02.jpg

Last edited:
#2 is actually the Radical RXC this time. 3.5 twin-turbo EcoBoost V6 which I believe sees service in Ferd's vans, trucks and SUVs over the pond.

Actually, this makes a lot more sense than my guess, since they usually don't namedrop the car in question in the clue.

Clue #2 is definitely a Ford Explorer, it said "this ain't your mom's explorer" and it has an ecoboost engine in it. It's probably the current Police Interceptor or the Sport model.

Clue #5 I guess is the i8 we're getting this month.

Clue #3 I have no idea, it could be any awesome concept car I suppose.

Clue #6 I hope it's the Suzuki Sx4 Pikes Peak if we go by the "Monster Energy Drink" sponsor. Seriously, it would be a blast on Blizzard Mountain.
Suzuki-SX4-Monster-Sport-Pikes-Peak-Special-38556.jpg

Clue #7 - I guess the Sx4 I posted could fit this too or it could be another hillclimber car like the Toyota Celica Pikes Peak, the Peugeot 208 Pikes Peak, Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak, or something different.

Clue #6 I hope it's the Suzuki Sx4 Pikes Peak if we go by the "Monster Energy Drink" sponsor. Seriously, it would be a blast on Blizzard Mountain.
Suzuki-SX4-Monster-Sport-Pikes-Peak-Special-38556.jpg

There's a bit of a problem with that guess, though; the Monster in the SX4 isn't a reference to the beverage, but rather Monster Sport, the Suzuki-focused tuner house in Japan that helped making that beast... So it's no good for clue #6, I'm afraid.

#7 isn't a Pikes Peak car and is instead the Bentley Bentayga which takes its name from the Roque Bentayga in Gran Canaria. The Bentley's pricetag is certainly is something to consider.

GranCanaria_roquebentaygapa_02.jpg

Good point with those two ideas, wasn't aware the Radical had an Ecoboost engine. Although it is possible for an Explorer to be name-dropped (look at the "I ate" clue, that's definitely a name drop if I ever saw one, haha), the Radical has been legitimately found in the game's files, so it's a veritable candidate...

And I feel silly for not noticing the "price" bit in the seventh clue, that just puts the Bentayga in the spot without much of a challenge from anything else. Once you factor the Roque ties, it's pretty much a given...

There's a bit of a problem with that guess, though; the Monster in the SX4 isn't a reference to the beverage, but rather Monster Sport, the Suzuki-focused tuner house in Japan that helped making that beast... So it's no good for clue #6, I'm afraid.
Awww, why did you have to ruin my theory with facts?! :(

Well, then it has to be something else. Wait, there is also this, a Ford RS200 hillclimb sponsored by monster energy drinks:
p19oqtr84vbev1mu6144biio1rgg4.jpg

Honestly, now that I think about it; there's quite a lot of racing vehicles sponsored by rockstar and monster, it could be some hoonigan mobile like the Focus RS RallyX that we got in the Blizzard Expansion such as that Ken Block Mustang (though, I would prefer a regular Mustang or a Shelby GT350 over that).

#6 is definitely something by an energy drink company, since there's already tie-ins with Monster and Rockstar, I'm guessing it's something sponsored by either. Hopefully it's not just Tanner Foust's Rallycross Beetle making a comeback.

Or it's another tie-in with like, RedBull, and it's something else altogether.

Or it's a Suzuki Cappuccino. :D

Awww, why did you have to ruin my theory with facts?! :(

Sorry man, I admire your dreams, but the aim was somewhat misguided. Thought I could help a bit before reality did so in a much harsher manner... :guilty:

Clue 1: Volvo 242 Turbo Group A
Clue 2: Radical RXC Turbo 500
Clue 3: Holden Hurricane Concept
Clue 4: BMW i8, obviously
Clue 5: Murphy's Law Motorsports Optima Batteries Ultra 4 Buggy
Clue 6: Ken Block's Hoonicorn
Clue 7: Peugeot 405 T16 Pikes Peak

There's an Optima-sponsored buggy...? Don't know where you found that one, but I think we have found our winner...

Also, if you don't mind me asking, why did you pick the Volvo as the clue #1 car? You seem pretty confident about your guesses...

Clue 1 might be the Bricklin SV1. Bricklin reckoned that a performance car is safer because it can get out of the way of an eminent accident, something a slower car couldn't do.

Clue 7 could be any manner of Hill Climb car. Hope it's the Peugeot 405 Pikes Peak, but could also be the Suzuki Escudo PP of GT fame, or the Tacoma PP. or the 208 PP.

Sorry man, I admire your dreams, but the aim was somewhat misguided. Thought I could help a bit before reality did so in a much harsher manner...
It's fine as that was a joke, I was just messing with you. :P

I'm still hoping for a hillclimb car though. Seriously; it would be a waste to add an expansion pack that has a mountain and not include a hillclimb car at one point.

if it is related to energy drink etc and not safe how bout the redbull X1 from GT? it was never built and definetly insane. I know it wont happen but hey why not lol

Also, if you don't mind me asking, why did you pick the Volvo as the clue #1 car? You seem pretty confident about your guesses...

I just read "race bred" and "safety" and that was literally the first possibility that popped into my head. I tend to do quite bad at these, so take my guesses with a planet-sized grain of salt...:dopey:

I just read "race bred" and "safety" and that was literally the first possibility that popped into my head. I tend to do quite bad at these, so take my guesses with a planet-sized grain of salt...:dopey:

Well, talk about rapid matching... :lol:

But it makes sense, if anything. Besides, it would be rad to have another performance brick Volvo, there aren't enough of them in H3...

One thing I do find interesting in your list is the Hurricane mention. It slots right in with my thoughts that clue #3 should be a concept car. And it's another awesome Australian project, way ahead of its time but not quite made to match road regulations... It's like the HSV GTS-R, as in something that should absolutely be real in Horizon 3.

Late edit: A few people over on the Forza forums are mentioning the Caparo T1 as the clue #1 car, and when I thought of it, it actually sounds pretty plausible. Why? Well, for starters, it's certainly race-bred, as it looks like the Radical RXC if it had some major steroids. Secondly, at one point in its life, it was definitely made to protect and serve...

Last edited:
Back