Project CARS 2 Aiming for "Septemberish" Pre-Order/Release Window

I'm reading this trying to find more information and you're behind me! In fairness, I found those screens from PRC.net.

I'm reading this trying to find more information and you're behind me! In fairness, I found those screens from PRC.net.

We've been a little behind the ball with PCARS2 news, so we've got you to thank actually!

We promise we'll try to be faster from here on out. :P

I didn't like most of the coming soon entries in career mode was cancelled after many months :confused:. No pre order this time, will wait for reviews and pictures of the career mode, before i consider buying PC2 :).

Bildschirmfoto-2015-03-10-um-22.35.11.png
Uten navn.gif

I didn't like most of the coming soon entries in career mode was cancelled after many months :confused:. No pre order this time, will wait for reviews and pictures of the career mode, before i consider buying PC2 :).

View attachment 618161 View attachment 618162
They most likely won't do that this time and learn from the mistakes of Project CARS 1 which is why they're trying to create a UI which is more user friendly.

They most likely won't do that this time and learn from the mistakes of Project CARS 1 which is why they're trying to create a UI which is more user friendly.

I hope they change the calendar thing, if i wanted to race a specific special event invite, i had to race all races up to that specific date, it became tiresome vey fast :).

Other than that, (and the cancellation) i was enjoying Project Cars 1 :).

First of all, Johnnypenso is right. If they say "septemberish", that means Aprilish or Mayish next year :dopey:
Second, my wishlist for PCars2 is fairly long but most of all I wish it doesn't come with the ridiculous amount of bugs the actual one did.
Third, I'm wishing for an actualized GT3 fleet without cars that are long gone like the Z4, MP4, SLS or the R8 and bring some friends to the loners like the DTM Mercedes or the Super V8 Ford.
Bring it on :cheers:

First of all, Johnnypenso is right. If they say "septemberish", that means Aprilish or Mayish next year :dopey:
Second, my wishlist for PCars2 is fairly long but most of all I wish it doesn't come with the ridiculous amount of bugs the actual one did.
Third, I'm wishing for an actualized GT3 fleet without cars that are long gone like the Z4, MP4, SLS or the R8 and bring some friends to the loners like the DTM Mercedes or the Super V8 Ford.
Bring it on :cheers:
Don't expect anything regarding the DTM. The reason why there are no liveries on those is because of the nightmare of the licensing.

The rims are clipping through the tyres. Obviously the rims aren't moving with the suspension and tyres, which is causing them to do this. I'd imagine it's a simple bug to fix.

Yeah, but the picture is from Project Cars 1 so it doesn't matter now :embarrassed:.

We waiting good or better career than 1 and better triple monitor sutup!! GT Sport su**s!
Can wait! :D:D

Do you mean Can't wait?

Personally I can wait, but it would be nice if it released in time for Christmas 2017 as then I would only have to wait a year - I got Project Cars for Christmas 2016 and I'm loving it so far. Haven't bothered doing any of the career yet, but have really been enjoying car and track testing for classic race series that I will be hosting. Loving the historic Lotus race cars and especially the Aston Martin DBR1/300.

I really hope Project Cars 2 brings competitor cars as a lot of the classic cars have no competition which makes hosting interesting series difficult. What about some period competition for the classic Aston Martin? Also the Lotus 40 could do with a Chaparral 2C, Genie, Lola and McLaren to race against.

Interesting that they picked the Lotus 40 as it was probably one of the worst race cars of all time - even the mercurial talents of Jim Clark and Richie Ginther were able to do very little with it because of chronic chassis flex. It was developed from the Lotus 30 and when asked what he thought of the new 40 Richie Ginther said "Same as the 30, but with 10 extra mistakes." Still I'm glad that they put it in the game as it is the nearest we've got to a can am style car - it would be great if we could have the Lotus 40 plus it's competition from 1965 and the Can Am cars featured in this great film from 1972:

Have my doubts. How many times was the original moved back?

And it wasn't even that good on consoles after so many delays. They had to release multiple patches to resolve issues.

Will wait for several reviews and player impressions before I even consider picking this up. First one still collecting dust.

And it wasn't even that good on consoles after so many delays. They had to release multiple patches to resolve issues.

Will wait for several reviews and player impressions before I even consider picking this up. First one still collecting dust.
What other games post 2010 don't receive multiple patches anyway? Surely multiple patches to fix issues is a good thing as it shows they're still working on the game despite sales being made and copies being sold?

What other games post 2010 don't receive multiple patches anyway? Surely multiple patches to fix issues is a good thing as it shows they're still working on the game despite sales being made and copies being sold?

Weren't delays the very reason they were busy ironing out issues? Sheer laziness. Other developers do releases patches but don't keep pushing back release dates at the same time.

Weren't delays the very reason they were busy ironing out issues? Sheer laziness. Other developers do releases patches but don't keep pushing back release dates at the same time.
Laziness? If they wanted the money, surely they wouldn't delay the release and pay employees' wages. Surely, it would make sense for them to just release, release DLC and that's it instead of 10 patches.

@Speedster911 -- According to Ian Bell, the last few weeks of development on PCARS1 were funded out of pocket and they could not afford any more delays. That's why it launched as it was. SMS were also unable to afford the QA assistance you would normally have for a retail console game.

SMS may be guilty of a few things, including terrible time management, but those were the circumstances. Now we're told that PCARS2 will have external QA for the PS4/XBone versions and they're in a position to wait until it's ready, which is "Septemberish".

I'm happy enough with PCARS1 version 10.0 to give SMS the benefit of the doubt on how PCARS2 will turn out, though I won't hold my breath for this particular release window. ;)

Back