Xbox Reviews Milestones in 2016, Teases the Year Ahead

Hey, that's my photo! Thanks.

I'm going to have to get a 4K TV this year, aren't I?

Yeah, I saw a post by Shinobi concerning that on NeoGAF and Twitter - bad timing, eh?

Really bad timing! I saw the news yesterday evening and Neogaf literally exploded. This morning over 130 pages already. Pretty gutted a game so close to release is being canned. Microsoft hasn't really got any exclusives anymore. Halo, Forza and Gears won't be able to keep XBoX alive. Just hope that the Platinumcrew can keep their head above water. Such a shame this game doesn't see a release. Gutted :ill:

Really bad timing! I saw the news yesterday evening and Neogaf literally exploded. This morning over 130 pages already. Pretty gutted a game so close to release is being canned. Microsoft hasn't really got any exclusives anymore. Halo, Forza and Gears won't be able to keep XBoX alive. Just hope that the Platinumcrew can keep their head above water. Such a shame this game doesn't see a release. Gutted :ill:
So annoyed by this to be honest - I bought an Xbox One for Scalebound and Forza Horizon 3. Gah.

Platinum should just go Nintendo 2nd party, they clearly give them enough support and they've made some 'wonderful' titles. Make Vanquish 2, The Wonderful 102 and Bayonetta 3 Switch exclusive and be done with it. :D

I wasn't really aware of Scalebound to be honest, probably because I don't have an XB1. Vanquish and Bayonetta though, I do remember. Hopefully Platinum Games don't die as a result of this withdrawal.

It's a shame that game publishers don't release or at least sell-on the rights for games they cancel instead of holding onto them. Too many titles now have been fossilised into the archaeological strata of the gaming industry's past as a result.

Vanquish 2, Bayonetta 3 could come also to PS4 :D Would buy those game without a blink of an eye!

@MeanElf I don't know exactly the reason behind the drop but rumours go that there was a significant clash between Microsoft and Platinum. Indication was given on how Square for exampe listened to Platinum Games for the development of Nier Automata and let the developer breath.

This also could be the end for Japanese Developers on Xbox. Will be interesting to see how this turns out over the coming months.

edit..from Gaf
j6LFpLX.jpg

JZqRyRp.jpg

Last edited:
Xbox doesn't really need Japanese developers in my opinion. It's a very Western console and Japanese mainstream releases here aren't particularly numerous as they once were.

VXR
Xbox doesn't really need Japanese developers in my opinion. It's a very Western console and Japanese mainstream releases here aren't particularly numerous as they once were.
Really? That's not a good way to look at it. Soon enough there won't be anymore Japanese developers left. Gaming will have lost its heart and soul at that point.

Really? That's not a good way to look at it. Soon enough there won't be anymore Japanese developers left. Gaming will have lost its heart and soul at that point.

If they're all as quick with releases as a certain Japanese developper, the future is bleak for them.

Back