New Teaser Images For Assetto Corsa's Upcoming Track Released

Seems strange that Kunos worked together with Nvidia and Sparco on what amounts to a fantasy track.

Has there been another case like this before?

Is it raining? If i does it has to be the first time i will drive in the rain in AC :)

AssettoNewScotlandCockpit-768x321.jpg

As a native Scotsman, I can confirm this is our weather forecast 90% of the year.

Seems strange that Kunos worked together with Nvidia and Sparco on what amounts to a fantasy track.

It's been hinted that manufacturers pushed for BCC before this, so maybe?

Is it raining? If i does it has to be the first time i will drive in the rain in AC :)

View attachment 619212
As a native Scotsman, I can confirm this is our weather forecast 90% of the year.

From my understanding, rain isn't possible in the game's engine.

It seems like a logical thing to do, especially for a small developer. Whether Nvidia or Sparco had much of a hand in shaping the content, or just flowed cash to Kunos in return for them putting banners up everywhere would be an interesting thing to know. I'm sure there are plenty of driving enthusiasts within both companies that could have contributed.

Maybe I'm just old and belligerent, but I do not look forward to learning a Nurburgring-sized fantasy track, no matter how well done. I couldn't be bothered to learn the first couple turns of Sierra in GT6. I'm confident this track will be much more entertaining than Sierra, but yea.

Maybe I'm just old and belligerent, but I do not look forward to learning a Nurburgring-sized fantasy track, no matter how well done. I couldn't be bothered to learn the first couple turns of Sierra in GT6. I'm confident this track will be much more entertaining than Sierra, but yea.
That Sierra layout is the only thing that I miss about GT6. Then again, I really love driving street legal cars in these games. I'm definitely looking forward to this fantasy track...I just hope that I'm not disappointed like I was with BCC. Actually, I've given BCC a few runs in the last week - I don't hate it. I can say that much. It won't get a ton of use, but whatever.

It's been hinted that manufacturers pushed for BCC before this, so maybe?

From my understanding, rain isn't possible in the game's engine.
More than hinted, straight out of Marco Massaruttos mouth, he said Porsche and Masserati asked for a customer friendly track. Regarding rain, there's actually a discussion on AC forums today regarding the game engine AC uses with Stefano contributing. He said rain is far from impossible and the physics would be the easiest part as they're already baked in the tyre model, and everything is possible given time and money ( im guessing even night then with some work )

But the amount of work required wouldn't be justified for a game that has been on the market for so long. Regarding AC2 if it happens he said " surely I'd consider night and rain a must have"
It seems like a logical thing to do, especially for a small developer. Whether Nvidia or Sparco had much of a hand in shaping the content, or just flowed cash to Kunos in return for them putting banners up everywhere would be an interesting thing to know. I'm sure there are plenty of driving enthusiasts within both companies that could have contributed.

There's a city track along with it so there's something for you too.

That image is from Drive Club - at least that is how I read it.

I can confirm that is also an Assetto image.

Apologies if the text was misleading. 👍

I didn't read this, so it's my own fault :embarrassed: :).

"If you’ve played Evolution Studios’ Driveclub you may get a sense of déjà vu from looking at these images, as the track seems to bear some resemblance to Loch Duich, one of that game’s very own Scottish tracks. The long straights and urban areas ring true to what that track offered in the PS4 exclusive."

But now i'm a bit confused (again), is the picture from the new track in AC or DriveClub or both AC and DriveClub :confused: :lol:.

"If you’ve played Evolution Studios’ Driveclub you may get a sense of déjà vu from looking at these images, as the track seems to bear some resemblance to Loch Duich, one of that game’s very own Scottish tracks. The long straights and urban areas ring true to what that track offered in the PS4 exclusive."

But now i'm a bit confused, is the picture from the new track in AC or DriveClub or both AC and DriveClub :confused: :lol:.

He said it is also from Assetto Corsa so I was wrong.

But now i'm a bit confused (again), is the picture from the new track in AC or DriveClub or both AC and DriveClub :confused: :lol:.
The picture is definitely from AC, I actually initially had those paragraphs flipped to stop any confusion around readers perhaps thinking the top image was from DC oddly enough so this is ironic! :scared:

Yea, and some intermediate-length circuit, too. I'm definitely excited to see those. My ideal go-to track would be something like Deep Forest. Short but fast, 1:20-1:30 laps in a sports car, a couple tricky turns, some elevation change and pretty scenery. Imperfect, undulating road surface to keep things interesting. The new location seems promising.

Also, interesting feedback from Kunos regarding night and rain, and the (hopefully inevitable) AC2. As I run through my ever growing AC feature/fix wish list in my head, I can't help but worry what all might have to wait until the next release :lol: .. :(

Knowing Kunos, we might get the track between this month and early to mid February. If this was PD releasing the same thing, we'd be waiting til May or June, with very little communication before then. There's almost no comparison to how much better-run Kunos is compared to PD. As a fan, I really feel I've found a game and developer that really meets what I what out of them.

GT still is fun to me, but I just don't feel the same passion and enjoyment for it anymore.

Anyway, I wonder how big or small the track will be. If there is any similarity to the Isle Of Man, there will be some abbreviation I bet. The one mod version of the IOM I know of is literally too big for the map size the game allows; they had to reposition it and scale it down slightly to make it fit in the box.

I also wonder if there will be jumps, kinda like in Cape Ring, where the steep hill is at the spiraling oval portion.

The creation of the track is a joint venture between Kunos, Sparco and Nvidia so it should provide a unique racing experience and make the most of Assetto‘s graphical engine all the same.
Please don't bring GameWorks to AC...

I'm old and don't understand text speak. What is BCC?

Hahaha i didn't understand it either, so i was searching google for BCC cars BCC racing serie e.g, but all i could find was BTCC :lol:.

But now we know it is the Black Cat County :).

Last edited:
More than hinted, straight out of Marco Massaruttos mouth, he said Porsche and Masserati asked for a customer friendly track. Regarding rain, there's actually a discussion on AC forums today regarding the game engine AC uses with Stefano contributing. He said rain is far from impossible and the physics would be the easiest part as they're already baked in the tyre model, and everything is possible given time and money ( im guessing even night then with some work )

But the amount of work required wouldn't be justified for a game that has been on the market for so long. Regarding AC2 if it happens he said " surely I'd consider night and rain a must have"

Yep. Rain is possible, but they'll only do it if they can do it accurately and not just cosmetically like some other games do. And seeing as they've already sold the lion's share of copies they're going to sell, they'd essentially be doing all that work for free which doesn't make sense financially. Apparently NetKar had great rain so they're capable, just too late in the game's life to justify the work for this version of AC. Night racing is apparently not possible though....well, it's possible, but your headlights wouldn't illuminate anything so it would be pointless.

I'd say there is stil a long way to go sales wise on console so new features would sell more copies. Rain and night however would be AC2 features if at all.

Hopefully player created Championships will come with Porsche pack 3.

At first i was thinking its about new GTS track, than i remembered about their lack of delivering in the past and thought ''Are you crazy?! It must be about other game''

Latest Posts

Back