Subaru's Isle of Man Record Holder Potentially Coming to Future Gran Turismo Title

It's nothing more than confirmation that a Race Version of the STi will be in the game.
And we already know that in GR3, GR4 and GRN

So is this somewhat confirmation that the IoM track will be in the game too?

Yeah.
They got to mile 17, then this happend.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 301
So this is being treated as confirmation?

Because PD employees are incapable of sarcasm?

Obviously this car is in the game, it has a sticker on it!
Two of those are Porsches which have until very recently been licence restricted and the Opel could be deemed to old to be worth the effort for current GT games.

I get what what you are saying though.

The only way I can see that this Subaru would come to GT is if, and it's a big if, the Isle of Man track is included and both are used in a special time trial event where players try to recreate the current lap record for a car on the TT course. There is no way in hell I can see this thing in GTS.

So is this somewhat confirmation that the IoM track will be in the game too?

No(t yet). :P

(To be clear, I have no idea if Snaefell will be included. There are signs pointing to it potentially happening, but that's all).

It's nothing more than confirmation that a Race Version of the STi will be in the game.
And we already know that in GR3, GR4 and GRN

We must've missed that bit, can you point us to it?

What reason would there be for sarcasm? How many of those cars have been accompanied by a post by a Polyphony member saying they would be playable in a future GT game?

As @SVX pointed out, this isn't a complete confirmation — the word "potentially" was in the headline, but it's been slightly reformatted for page design reasons, so we inserted a question mark to drive the point home.

Personally, this almost raises more questions than it answers. It's an odd car that doesn't really fit with the general thrust of GT Sport (at least, not what we've seen so far). Adding the IoM course would be an even stranger choice: it's not really a track for racing, so including it in a game with a mission statement revolving around eSports strikes me as counter-intuitive. At 37.73 miles, it'll be very off-putting to casuals looking for a quick event, and with the amount of time needed to model it up to typical PD standards, I feel like numerous other tracks could be done instead (especially as GT Sport will have a relatively low track count).

NOPE..... Window visor stickers alone do not certify inclusion, bodywork/bumper stickers must also be adorned for assured availability in a future game. ;) :lol:

So, just because a car has GT stickers/window decals on it means it is going to be in GT at some point? :odd: If that's the case, then I can't wait for Aaron Kaufmann's Falcon that he used in "Fast n Loud's" Pikes Peak episode to be in the game. :P:sly::rolleyes:

bHzaGMq.png

Subaru WRX Gr.3
xb602b6.png

Subaru WRX Gr.4
Subaru WRX Gr.B Rally Car
xb602b6.png

Subaru WRX STI Type S '14
xb602b6.png

Another one
Another one
Another one
Another one
Another one
Another one
Another one
Another one

And

Another one
Another one
Another one
Another one

And

Another one

Think about the Manufacturer's Cup. It might be like that for most models.

There MAY be FF only, awd only, rwd only. GT3 is a rwd only category. Maybe the WRX & Lancer are rwd in Gr.3.

Oddly, Carter's Instagram post makes no reference to any of those models.

Again, can you point me to where he confirmed that's what he means?

I've never said that HE has confirmed anything.
He's doing nothing more than highlighting that some version of a Subaru Impreza, WRX, STi, etc will be driveable in the game.
Which IS confirmed in the models pointed out.

You really have a bee in your bonnet lately pointing out the most stupid things.

GT Sport is day 1 for me if it includes the full IOM TT course. I've only ridden it on the shonky Suzuki TT game for PS2 (but through bad PS3 emulation) at about 15fps but even then it was amazing.

I've never said that HE has confirmed anything.
He's doing nothing more than highlighting that some version of a Subaru Impreza, WRX, STi, etc will be driveable in the game.
Which IS confirmed in the models pointed out.

The caption on the image is ambiguous: that's the point of the article.

It could mean the specific IoM record holder. It could mean any VA-gen WRX. You've said it's a confirmation of the latter (well, race-ready versions of it), so I'm asking what additional source you have on that, since it'd clear the whole thing up.

You really have a bee in your bonnet lately pointing out the most stupid things.

I'm sorry you find the importance of the meaning of words "stupid".

Back