Subaru's Isle of Man Record Holder Potentially Coming to Future Gran Turismo Title

At the very beginning of the video Mark states, "The chassis is based around a World Rally Car"
It's closest match that's already Confirmed in game would be the Group B variant.
Which is essentially what this car is,
GroupB/ WR Rally car in Tarmac Trim.

So is this somewhat confirmation that the IoM track will be in the game too?

No, we have Pikes Peak cars buuuut.....

No Pikes Peak.

Gonna take a leap here. To me Isle of Man is pretty Much confirmed for GT Sport by this post: https://www.gtplanet.net/subarus-is...coming-to-future-gran-turismo-title/#comments

Which states:

"The relationship between Polyphony Digital and the 37.73-mile (60.72 km) Snaefell Mountain Course runs deeper than stickers on Higgins’ 2016 record-holder. Back in 2014, Polyphony Digital employees were spotted on the island, and a locals were advised a slow-moving service vehicles would be rounding the circuit over a two week period. The plot thickens…"

Sounds like laser scanning to me. Though only two weeks for a 38 mile track? How long did they take to do Nurb?

Gonna take a leap here. To me Isle of Man is pretty Much confirmed for GT Sport by this post: https://www.gtplanet.net/subarus-is...coming-to-future-gran-turismo-title/#comments

Which states:

"The relationship between Polyphony Digital and the 37.73-mile (60.72 km) Snaefell Mountain Course runs deeper than stickers on Higgins’ 2016 record-holder. Back in 2014, Polyphony Digital employees were spotted on the island, and a locals were advised a slow-moving service vehicles would be rounding the circuit over a two week period. The plot thickens…"

Sounds like laser scanning to me. Though only two weeks for a 38 mile track? How long did they take to do Nurb?
You missed something. We are talking about Polyphony Digital here. Until it will be confirmed exactly for GT Sport with screenshots or/and trailer - IoM is not in GT Sport.

You missed something. We are talking about Polyphony Digital here. Until it will be confirmed exactly for GT Sport with screenshots or/and trailer - IoM is not in GT Sport.

Why have the Exact car that set the world record on the track in game if you're not going to have the track? All things considered it's gonna be in GTS.

💡
Could this be why there are 35 Circuit Experience (subdivided race track challenges) events?

It always did seem like a large number to me. ;)

Edit to add.

rsz_campaignmode_01_zpsz7lesptf.jpg

rsz_circuit_experience_zpsktmkrwgf.jpg

This is what I'm referring to.
6 events for Nurburg (perhaps there's more, don't know), and yet there are 35 in total.

They've never done anything like this for regular length tracks, only long tracks like Nurburg and Sierra.
But maybe this time they are including shorter tracks, who knows.

So either they have events for most tracks, or it's geared more towards the longer tracks like previous games.
That could mean Nurburg, Fishermans, PP, and even IoM and Sierra.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Just putting out a hypothesis. :lol:

Last edited:
Why have the Exact car that set the world record on the track in game if you're not going to have the track? All things considered it's gonna be in GTS.
Ha. Check previous GT games for cars with NO associated event for them in the game! :)

It's a 37.73 mile time attack track. Have you any idea how many normal race tracks you could put in the game for the same effort?

There are 19 locations 19! and one of them is IOM? It's the most ridiculous use of time/effort I can think of. Oh, That's got PD written all over it. It must be in the game then. I can see your point now.

Last edited:
You had Pikes Peak cars in GT6 and no Pikes Peak. WRC cars and no point to point racing. All things considered, hypothesis denied.
IIRC none of those supposed Pikes Peak cars actually set the hillclimb records there. But who knows maybe we'll get pikes peak for GT6 futher down the line?
But hey, you're allowed your opinion too. Haters gonna hater.

Ha. Check previous GT games for cars with NO associated event for them in the game! :)

It's a 37.73 mile time attack track. Have you any idea how many normal race tracks you could put in the game for the same effort?

There are 19 locations 19! and one of them is IOM? It's the most ridiculous use of time/effort I can think of. Oh, That's got PD written all over it. It must be in the game then. I can see your point now.

We tend to believe PD takes ages to make content but, I have reason to think that isn't the case.

IoM would be a great undertaking to put GT back on the map. People will talk about it, and for the majority of whiners, it'll draw them back to GT and make it relevant again. Now considering they scanned the track back in 2014, all the modelling could be done months ago! wow! Mind blown! 💡

Nurburgring is also Too big, yet it's been in every GT game from GT4...lol I don't see your point? We also make tracks upto 40 miles and longer in modified CM app so...yeah lol, there's no limit and your forgetting the PS4 has 10x the power of PS3...with way more ram. No brainer, can be done.

Optimization and track recreation is kind of like black magic if you think about it.

Now if you've ever played the game FUEL on PS3 you'll know the options are generally more limited by how hard the devs are prepared to optimize the game. That game has truely massive maps that was completely unexpected.

Last edited:
It is too big to be sensible.View attachment 627425
I tend to agree.
That's not to say it wouldn't be interesting, but with just 19 tracks available I wouldn't want to see too many long tracks on the roster.

If we assume PP might rear it's head, that and Nurburg are 2 tracks worth 8 minutes each.
Perhaps Le Mans and Fisherman's, pushing 4 minutes each.
That's enough for me.

Still, the 35 Circuit events in Campaign has me curious.

Nurburgring is also Too big, yet it's been in every GT game from GT4...lol I don't see your point? We also make tracks upto 40 miles and longer in modified CM app so...yeah lol, there's no limit and your forgetting the PS4 has 10x the power of PS3...with way more ram. No brainer, can be done.

Optimization and track recreation is kind of like black magic if you think about it.

Now if you've ever played the game FUEL on PS3 you'll know the options are generally more limited by how hard the devs are prepared to optimize the game. That game has truely massive maps that was completely unexpected.

Can you see the picture in my post? People complain when the 'Ring shows up. "I'll mess up my lap near the end", "It's too long" etc. Now imagine IOM.

GTS is a eSport online PvP title. It's a time attack track...

Can you see the picture in my post? People complain when the 'Ring shows up. "I'll mess up my lap near the end", "It's too long" etc. Now imagine IOM.

GTS is a eSport online PvP title. It's a time attack track...

I actually have no problem keeping my car on track on Nurb, in GT4 yeah I had a hard time but now? Not really, there's a few key corners to look for but everything else feels natural. I wonder how the bikers IRL do it on IoM? They practice. Some racers die but they work hard. It's the thrill of it all. There is definitely appeal in longer tracks. To deny that would be silly given the evidence. But y'know what? Think Endurance Races. Plently of people had them online. I myself never participated in Enduros lasting more than 2 hours. But I know a few that did 4-5 hours of Endurance racing on GT6 online and one guy was dead serious about 24Hr online endurance, though I haven't checked back with him.

I do see Sarthe and the Ring there. Now if those pictures are accurate, IoM is going to occupy roughly 5x the track size of Nurb? On PS3 I'd be a little doubtful if PD said they were going to add Isle of Man to the game but on PS4? I think it can be done for sure. It'll happen like this: Invisible walls will block you from entering outside the track raceable margins where all the low-poly assets will appear to occupy space. When you're on track it'll appear that everything's highly detailed, but from a far Aerial view it would not be the case and all the low poly assets will be revealed.

Last edited:
IIRC none of those supposed Pikes Peak cars actually set the hillclimb records there. But who knows maybe we'll get pikes peak for GT6 futher down the line?
But hey, you're allowed your opinion too. Haters gonna hater.
Your reasoning doesn't hold up. You have iconic WRC cars without true rally racing and iconic Pikes Peak cars including winners but no Pikes Peak. Car in game = track in game has never been a sure fire thing. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Your reasoning doesn't hold up. You have iconic WRC cars without true rally racing and iconic Pikes Peak cars including winners but no Pikes Peak. Car in game = track in game has never been a sure fire thing. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Define True Rally Racing. You've got some Rally tracks, there aren't very many in GT6 but they're there to use all your rally cars on. However the pikes peak machine the subaru, is exclusively built for Pikes Peak. Given the age we live in, Pikes Peak may come to GT6 or Sport. But that's not what we're talking about. PD was at Isle of Man, for two weeks minimum, likely scanning the track.

Define True Rally Racing. You've got some Rally tracks, there aren't very many in GT6 but they're there to use all your rally cars on. However the pikes peak machine the subaru, is exclusively built for Pikes Peak. Given the age we live in, Pikes Peak may come to GT6 or Sport. But that's not what we're talking about. PD was at Isle of Man, for two weeks minimum, likely scanning the track.
Rally is point to point. There are no circuits in the WRC so there is no rally in GTS. The presence of championship winning and iconic cars in various disciplines has never been a guarantee that certain track's or even types of tracks will be in the game which is what you said above. And what evidence suggests they "likely" were scanning the track?

Rally is point to point. There are no circuits in the WRC so there is no rally in GTS. The presence of championship winning and iconic cars in various disciplines has never been a guarantee that certain track's or even types of tracks will be in the game which is what you said above. And what evidence suggests they "likely" were scanning the track?

Wrong.
Circuit of Ireland exists. It may even make a return to WRC http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123656

There are MANY rally circuits, but there are also many more point-to point. It doesn't have to be USED by WRC to be defined as True Rally. Or even just rally. Nonsense. There is Rally in GT. You also can't ignore the rally cars and stages, fictional or not.

Last edited:
That's a circuit in name only, it's a regular ERC rally so a series of stages rather than a single marathon loop like the original Mille Miglia.
Yeah I could've picked a more accurate example, but that one sprung to mind for some reason.

Wrong.
Circuit of Ireland exists. It may even make a return to WRC http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123656

There are MANY rally circuits, but there are also many more point-to point. It doesn't have to be USED by WRC to be defined as True Rally. Or even just rally. Nonsense. There is Rally in GT. You also can't ignore the rally cars and stages, fictional or not.
It's point to point that happens to end at the point it started. WRC cars don't all race together on the same track, they are timed stages. That doesn't happen on GT. Way beyond the point though. Iconic cars of a given discipline =/= iconic tracks coming to the game.

It's point to point that happens to end at the point it started. WRC cars don't all race together on the same track, they are timed stages. That doesn't happen on GT. Way beyond the point though. Iconic cars of a given discipline =/= iconic tracks coming to the game.

It can and has already happen in GT. All you have to do is this weeks seasonal on Chamonix with the Audi. It's a timed event One lap of chamonix. You vs everyone else who owns GT6. No other cars on track. That's not rally enough for you?

It can and has already happen in GT. All you have to do is this weeks seasonal on Chamonix with the Audi. It's a timed event One lap of chamonix. You vs everyone else who owns GT6. No other cars on track. That's not rally enough for you?
You've done it. Proof positive that including WRC cars has lead to point to point rally racing in GT. Well done:tup:.

IOM confirmed:tup:👍

/end thread

@Grippy - It's flawed logic. An IoM car being included in GT Sport — which, as this thread has already covered, isn't exactly confirmed in itself, as some people seem to think a PD-designed fantasy car is interchangeable — does not automatically confirm an associated track is in the game too.

Other than a shortened version in GT2, Pikes Peak has never been in the series, yet there have been cars from the event in every game since. PD got the WRC license for the PS3 era, with a few of the actual cars... and didn't once add an actual WRC event to the game.

While both the news of the PPIHC license being a PD exclusive and part of the team seemingly spotted at the IoM a few years ago suggests the tracks are coming to the game, a single car's maybe-sorta-inclusion doesn't.

...and that's ignoring how IoM would be little more than a bragging point on the box. It's not a circuit built for packs of racing cars: it's a bike circuit that a single automaker has been setting time trial laps on, one that takes quite a lot longer than a single lap of the existing longest track in GT. It's also a track that so massively favours top speed over all else that even if people were to race on it, it's likely there would be a clear favourite: whichever car has the highest top speed.

...and that's ignoring how IoM would be little more than a bragging point on the box. It's not a circuit built for packs of racing cars: it's a bike circuit that a single automaker has been setting time trial laps on, one that takes quite a lot longer than a single lap of the existing longest track in GT. It's also a track that so massively favours top speed over all else that even if people were to race on it, it's likely there would be a clear favourite: whichever car has the highest top speed.

Sounds like it's suited to an FIA sanctioned game - much the same way Fishermen's Ranch and the Tokyo track car ;)

I can totally see IoM track appearing in the game as a one-off time-attack special challenge featuring the very same Subaru STi on the OG post. I know that logically it doesn't make one hell of a sense, but PDI are known for some off-kilter inclusions in the past so unless there's 100% confirmation, nothing should be ruled out at this stage.

Personally, it'd be quite fun to drive an unlikely car on this track, trying to get to grips with its tricky, narrow and "twisty" turns. A Challenger Hellcat on this road? Oh yes, please. If there's a pick-up truck in the game, like the Ford Lightning, then even better.

Probably just me, though.

I can totally see IoM track appearing in the game as a one-off time-attack special challenge featuring the very same Subaru STi on the OG post. I know that logically it doesn't make one hell of a sense, but PDI are known for some off-kilter inclusions in the past so unless there's 100% confirmation, nothing should be ruled out at this stage.

Personally, it'd be quite fun to drive an unlikely car on this track, trying to get to grips with its tricky, narrow and "twisty" turns. A Challenger Hellcat on this road? Oh yes, please. If there's a pick-up truck in the game, like the Ford Lightning, then even better.

Probably just me, though.
I agree it would be fun for some of the hardcore fans, but I think the casual fans that, IMO, make up the majority of the player base, would just be turned off by such a long lap on a track with invisible walls, where a huge percentage of laps will be invalidated. Biggest issue is the resources it would take to make this track. You'd lose out on more than one real circuit, circuits that would be more suitable to an online, FIA based game. PD is known for doing quirky things (see: racing on the moon), but IMO this would just be a stupid waste of resources for this particular game.

I agree it would be fun for some of the hardcore fans, but I think the casual fans that, IMO, make up the majority of the player base, would just be turned off by such a long lap on a track with invisible walls, where a huge percentage of laps will be invalidated. Biggest issue is the resources it would take to make this track. You'd lose out on more than one real circuit, circuits that would be more suitable to an online, FIA based game. PD is known for doing quirky things (see: racing on the moon), but IMO this would just be a stupid waste of resources for this particular game.

...I agree, but this is PDI we're talking about here. As I said before, we shouldn't discount the possibility of it showing up in GT:S, however unlikely it seems.

I'm with you 100% on the resources point. 👍
I'ld rather see that time put into 2 (or maybe 3?) short real tracks.

But I have an alternate view on your other point.
For me, Sierra lost favour rather quickly.
It was a track I didn't drive very often, so I felt lost.
And it snowballed from there.
But the more casual players loved it, and went there more to just stuff around than actually racing or pushing lap times.
And occasionally when I was bored I raced there, and got whipped. :lol:

I don't imagine there would be many Sports Mode events held on it, for the reasons you mentioned.
But I can see the "cruising" lobby or "cops and robbers" lobby players absolutely loving IoM.;)

Last edited:
Back