Sell my PS4 or wait for GT Sport?

• Thread starter boxster233
  • 65 comments
United States
United States
boxster233
I recently bought a PC to play Assetto Corsa and iRacing. I love both. I also enjoyed GT5 and somewhat 6 on the console. Since I got my PC, I barely use my console anymore. Wondering if I should take $180 for my PS4, upgrade my PC graphics card, and move on from my PS4 because GT Sport won't compare to what's on PC for sim racing.

So torn.

I recently bought a PC to play Assetto Corsa and iRacing. I love both. I also enjoyed GT5 and somewhat 6 on the console. Since I got my PC, I barely use my console anymore. Wondering if I should take $180 for my PS4, upgrade my PC graphics card, and move on from my PS4 because GT Sport won't compare to what's on PC for sim racing.

So torn.
You're not gonna get a very good card for $180, I'm afraid.

So torn.
If you already have the PS4 and what you've heard about GTS sounds good so far, keep it.

I'd sell the PS4, but then I don't have a PS4 because I chose the bad guys this time. :)

I don't know how much graphics cards are and no doubt running on a pc would be ideal for PC2, but the price of just buying the PS4 version should come out cheaper.

Save it. Like someone else said, $180 will only get you a mediocre graphics card.

If you can sell your current graphics card and get some money, and combine it with the money for the PS4, that might net you a decent card, maybe GTX970 or GTX 1060, certainly enough to play any current games or foresseable future games at good settings. It all depends on what setup you have now and what gains you think you might achieve with the new card, if any.

If you can sell your current graphics card and get some money, and combine it with the money for the PS4, that might net you a decent card, maybe GTX970 or GTX 1060, certainly enough to play any current games or foresseable future games at good settings. It all depends on what setup you have now and what gains you think you might achieve with the new card, if any.

Great advice. Was looking at rx480 8gb. Many deals around $180 for I.

I think the PC will have great games but $180 isn't going to get you a good card.(I don't like playing racing games much on my PC) I haven't bought a PS4 membership to play online this year because there are no games I want to play online. I don't think I will pre order GTS because I want to know what people think of it before I buy it.

I'd say keep it. There are so many good driving games that already out on PS4 too. Project cars, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Driveclub. PC2 and GTSport is coming out soon. Plus there are non racing games exclusive in development like Death stranding, God of War, and Last of us 2. You're gonna miss out lots of good games imo.

I'd say keep it. There are so many good driving games that already out on PS4 too. Project cars, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally, Driveclub. PC2 and GTSport is coming out soon. Plus there are non racing games exclusive in development like Death stranding, God of War, and Last of us 2. You're gonna miss out lots of good games imo.

I was ignoring you when you said PCars, Assetto and Driveclub. I have all those. But then you said Last of Us 2. That alone makes me want to keep my PS4.

Yeah.. keep the ps4 for those special exclusives. You don't need to even get them right away when they are full price. Since you have your PC for main gaming system now, just wait for those great console and ps4 exclusives to go down to at least 1/2 price, they will be even more enjoyable that way.

Truth be told, there's very little performance difference between the PS4 and the XB1. The Sony system is more powerful, but in most situations you'd be hard-pressed to notice.

If you're primarily concerned with racing games, yeah, I'd say sell it: the only exclusives on PS4 are Driveclub and (eventually, some day) GT Sport. Xbox only really has Forza, but the franchise is now going to be available on PC too. If you've already got one, you're set, since the best versions of PCARS and AC are on there.

That said, if you like any other types of games — as you mentioned TLOU 2 — it's probably worth holding on to.

The PS4's exclusive line up of games is enough to keep the console, but if there really isn't anything at all that will convince you to keep it then sell it.

Doubt GT Sport is going to good enough to regret that decision.

The PS4's exclusive line up of games is enough to keep the console, but if there really isn't anything at all that will convince you to keep it then sell it.

Doubt GT Sport is going to good enough to regret that decision.
I appreciate that. Some PS4 exclusives I'll miss, but been playing simracing games almost exclusively for last 6 months. Last of us would have me on fence.

@boxster233 I understand your point, but since you already have the console, why not give on of these games a try? You already made the investment. If you liked TLOU why not give Uncharted 4 a spin?

@boxster233 I understand your point, but since you already have the console, why not give on of these games a try? You already made the investment. If you liked TLOU why not give Uncharted 4 a spin?
I already beat uncharted 4 :) well worth it. I'd like to try last guardian when it's cheaper. Tlou 2. Not sure about other exclusives besides gt sport.

Sell the PS4 and get PS4P with GTS as launch title. I think it will be bundled with the pro as well. There are many other good games that are not available on PC. But if you interested only in racing games then PC is also getting Forza games.

So torn.

If you don't want a PS4 and don't fancy any of the games then sell it and move on.

Sell it and spend it on food and beer. Don't forget you'll save on PS+ too :P
Seeing you can already run AC and iracing I suppose your current graphics card is decent enough?

Latest Posts

Back