More Than 50 Classic Cars Revealed For Forza Motorsport 7

The 1967 Dodge Coronet W023 and 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt look new. Or at least new for the XBox1 generation. Quite a few imports from Horizon 3 which is good. Hopefully more Australian cars make it over. Still calling Chevy SS cars "Super Sports." Someone's got a real stick up their ass about that, and I don't think it's Chevy. Glad to see VW's back. Whatever excuse they have for skipping Horizon 3, I ain't buying it.

If I am not mistaken, the '64 Thunderbolt was in Forza 4.

http://forzamotorsport4.wikia.com/wiki/1964_Fairlane_Thunderbolt

It was one hell of a ride in the game. I never built it for Drag racing because I considered FM4's Drag Racing to be lacking, but it took to the track well.

This pic is not mine. Using it to illustrate the following point...
http://www.forzamotorsport.fr/photo...ane-thunderbolt-par-nsm-ap3xistars-373218.jpg

As for the game model, I thought the Thunderbolt was one of the better looking cars in FM4. I am unsure if it had an Autovista build, but the in game car looked pretty darn good compared to most of the cars. I suppose it was either re-scanned, but something tells me that Turn 10 just massaged the FM4 model.

Last edited:
No real surprises, but it's nice to have confirmation that some of my favorites are returning. On a more pessimistic not though, I'm starting to worry that most of the "new" cars will just be ones brought back from FM4 (not that that's entirely a bad thing).

I'm hoping classic cars as that's where I'll be spending a majority of my time.

Called it!

Ok, it was just a lucky guess, but still...

1965 Pontiac GTO

This makes me very happy. Now if we could only bring back the audio from FM4 to complement it....

edit. And I just noticed the 1967 Ford Falcon XR GT. Sweet!

Last edited:
I think its about time they show off some more footage. Car lists are nice and all but how about some more gameplay...? Its been quite some time since E3.

Isn't it a "side skirt" option in FM6 and FH3?

The function somehow got reversed after FH2. Selecting the side skirt option in that game removed the side spear, a piece of trim which was standard equipment on every '53 Vette built.
Now the base car has it missing and "side skirt" adds it back.

The function somehow got reversed after FH2. Selecting the side skirt option in that game removed the side spear, a piece of trim which was standard equipment on every '53 Vette built.
Wow.. Good going Turn 10. :lol:

The 1967 Dodge Coronet W023 and 1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt look new. Or at least new for the XBox1 generation. Quite a few imports from Horizon 3 which is good. Hopefully more Australian cars make it over. Still calling Chevy SS cars "Super Sports." Someone's got a real stick up their ass about that, and I don't think it's Chevy. Glad to see VW's back. Whatever excuse they have for skipping Horizon 3, I ain't buying it.

Both of those cars were in FM4, so they are new to this generation, but not FM as a whole.

As far as the Chevy SS thing goes, it is getting a bit ridiculous as EVERY OTHER racing game has the logos. Honestly, at least give us an option to re-add the appropriate badging if it is that big of a deal to someone over at Microsoft/T10.

As far as the Chevy SS thing goes, it is getting a bit ridiculous as EVERY OTHER racing game has the logos. Honestly, at least give us an option to re-add the appropriate badging if it is that big of a deal to someone over at Microsoft/T10.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...vy-Super-Sport-cars-censored.aspx#post_348245

Hi folks,

Changes to the Super Sport models In Forza 6 were made in association with Chevrolet in order to align with the brand's global naming strategies.

Thanks,
Brian

In other words: Chevrolet told Microsoft to go with the Super Sport naming convention.

As for other games, who knows. Every game has its own unique relationship with licensors.

I'm going to wait until the game is out to see what the options are regarding adding or deleting the side spear, side skirts, etc before passing judgement. They've got a new person there whose entire job is to address these issues and she's done a good job so far. Let's hope for the best.

Every other car game uses the SS badges, so it's not Chevy or other game/console companies that have an issue with it. It's only someone at T10 or Microsoft. I could understand if SS stood for Schutzstaffel or was written with the Armanen runes the Nazis used, but it has nothing to do with that. It's completely innocuous. I'm as anti-nazi and anti-fascist as they come, and even I am rolling my eyes at how ridiculous this is.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...vy-Super-Sport-cars-censored.aspx#post_348245

In other words: Chevrolet told Microsoft to go with the Super Sport naming convention.

As for other games, who knows. Every game has its own unique relationship with licensors.
I would believe this if SS wasn't used by every other racing game in existence. And if Chevy had a problem with the SS moniker, then why do they sell not just SS performance packages with several of their cars, but actually sell a car called the SS? I just don't buy it.

I'm going to wait until the game is out to see what the options are regarding adding or deleting the side spear, side skirts, etc before passing judgement. They've got a new person there whose entire job is to address these issues and she's done a good job so far. Let's hope for the best.

Every other car game uses the SS badges, so it's not Chevy or other game/console companies that have an issue with it. It's only someone at T10 or Microsoft. I could understand if SS stood for Schutzstaffel or was written with the Armanen runes the Nazis used, but it has nothing to do with that. It's completely innocuous. I'm as anti-nazi and anti-fascist as they come, and even I am rolling my eyes at how ridiculous this is.

I would believe this if SS wasn't used by every other racing game in existence. And if Chevy had a problem with the SS moniker, then why do they sell not just SS performance packages with several of their cars, but actually sell a car called the SS? I just don't buy it.

I agree, this doesn't sound like a Chevy thing, otherwise it would be across the board, especially considering the 2017 Camaro has SS badging.

I remember that post, but evidence presented shows otherwise. The SS is still being sold and the 2017 Camaro still holds SS badging as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The SS censoring started shortly after FH2 was released. Around the same time, the Xbox Live service was expanded to several new countries, one of which was Israel. You don't have to wear a deerstalker to connect the dots, regardless of what "official explanation" has been provided.

The SS censoring started shortly after FH2 was released. Around the same time, the Xbox Live service was expanded to several new countries, one of which was Israel. You don't have to wear a deerstalker to connect the dots, regardless of what "official explanation" has been provided.

That's quite a stretch, the only "reaction" was to a car simply called "SS", not the historic SS cars. The folks who are ignorant about the badge don't play video games. Chevy could've renamed that particular car to "Chevy Commodore" but they didn't.

The explanation provided only spells out "Super Sport" which is fine, however that explanation does not say anything about the badges, especially on the older historic cars. If Chevy stopped using the badge altogether, then ok, but they still use it, so it's quite clear this is Turn 10 reacting to something that is not there. Dan G. can't talk about how detailed the cars are, when Chevy/Holden cars are missing badges. How do you edit history?

If Turn 10 has metrics/data of folks that are fake offended, then they can release a censored version for that country much like Wolfenstein is censored in Germany. I don't see why other regions, especially USA, have to have incomplete cars.

BTW, here is Chevy's Israel's own site for the Camaro: http://chevrolet.co.il/Camaro/
Look in the middle, red car, the SS badge is there.

That's quite a stretch, the only "reaction" was to a car simply called "SS", not the historic SS cars. The folks who are ignorant about the badge don't play video games. Chevy could've renamed that particular car to "Chevy Commodore" but they didn't.

The explanation provided only spells out "Super Sport" which is fine, however that explanation does not say anything about the badges, especially on the older historic cars. If Chevy stopped using the badge altogether, then ok, but they still use it, so it's quite clear this is Turn 10 reacting to something that is not there. Dan G. can't talk about how detailed the cars are, when Chevy/Holden cars are missing badges. How do you edit history?

If Turn 10 has metrics/data of folks that are fake offended, then they can release a censored version for that country much like Wolfenstein is censored in Germany. I don't see why other regions, especially USA, have to have incomplete cars.

BTW, here is Chevy's Israel's own site for the Camaro: http://chevrolet.co.il/Camaro/
Look in the middle, red car, the SS badge is there.

Exactly, it has nothing to do with Chevrolet...

And yet, Chevy still places "SS" badges on their cars.

Um yeah. Whatever you say Turn 10. :\

(Note to PJTierney. This reply is entirely aimed at Turn 10. Please don't take offence.)

Edit 2. And they closed that thread. Awesome. Now that's what I call listening to the community!

Last edited:
I'm saying it has nothing to do with GM. It seems to be an internal Microsoft policy. Other aspects of cars were "cleansed" starting with FM6, such as:

--"Adult" sponsors were removed from race cars, such as Pokerstars.net from the Aston DBR9. Tobacco liveries that had snuck in via DLC in the past were also removed (Porsche 962, Audi Quattro S1)

--All web addresses were removed from liveries. Check the Ram Runner or the Transit Super Van for examples.

And here I am, well past the age of 35 and looking forward to a game where the makers of it are telling me I am too sensitive to see Tobacco and liquor advertisement? Um... Do I really want this game if I am to green to stomach cigarette and liquor ads?

And I am sure little Timmy needs to be shielded from the dreaded "SS" logo. Heaven forbid he looks up why it's "offensive" and learns something. :rolleyes:

And here I am, well past the age of 35 and looking forward to a game where the makers of it are telling me I am too sensitive to see Tobacco and liquor advertisement? Um... Do I really want this game if I am to green to stomach cigarette and liquor ads?

And I am sure little Timmy needs to be shielded from the dreaded "SS" logo. Heaven forbid he looks up why it's "offensive" and learns something. :rolleyes:

The tobacco and liquor adverts make sense as it is rated E, but the SS logo makes no sense as anyone who is into cars does not think of it as anything other than Chevy's performance moniker.

I don't see what the big deal is. Just add the badging and tobacco/alcohol branding with the livery editor... I feel like you guys are splitting hairs here. In the end does it change anything to the driving experience?

Next up people are going to be mad because the Goh R8 doesn't have the Enthusia Racing logo on its flanks and GTSport is not using the Forza Motorsports banners at Le Mans?

I don't see what the big deal is. Just add the badging and tobacco/alcohol branding with the livery editor... I feel like you guys are splitting hairs here. In the end does it change anything to the driving experience?

Next up people are going to be mad because the Goh R8 doesn't have the Enthusia Racing logo on its flanks and GTSport is not using the Forza Motorsports banners at Le Mans?
However you can't properly add the SS badging to some cars, such as the front of the 1970 Chevelle SS 454

Back