New Project CARS 2 Trailer Focuses on Ferrari

Like my grandma used to say: Mangia che te fa bene!

Each trailer is such a tease - F50 GT right off the bat, one of my very favourite cars ever. Probably the highest mileage on my future profile lol

Awesome stuff guys.

Just tell me if the driving is much better. That's all I need to know. That's only thing keeping me from pre-ordering this.

Those highway tracks look stunning to drive on in game. For that alone (with some nice cars) is my sole reason to be picking up PC2 at launch on PC. though it will sit unplayed for many months after much like PC1 did, as I played AC instead.

AC2 will also shelve GTSport once that's out.

Colour me salty because there's no 458 Italia. It's only my favourite car they've ever produced, no big deal.

It's a bit odd there is no road going 488 GTB or 458 Italia yes (since the Lambo Huracan appears both as race car and road car) but I would think the 488 GTB would have more chance to join later as DLC as manufacturers often want their newest car represented and the 488 GTB happens to replace the 458 Italia. But I understand your POV though, I like the 458 a bit more than the 488 myself.

However, for a Ferrari supercar a few notches below the LaFerrari we get the Ferrari Enzo which is an awesome car as well. If I had to choose myself between the Enzo, 458 Italia or 488 GTB I would have picked the Enzo as well.

Having that said, I would certainly welcome the 458 Italia or 488 GTB as a DLC car as well. :)

I cant wait for this game. Im sure pcars2 will be really good but this video looks very sterile to me. I would have thought there would be alot more movement in the cars when they hit bumps in the tracks. Body roll and the likes. The images look great when the cars are static but as soon as they are rolling its like the cars have no soul, if you get me?

I cant wait for this game. Im sure pcars2 will be really good but this video looks very sterile to me. I would have thought there would be alot more movement in the cars when they hit bumps in the tracks. Body roll and the likes. The images look great when the cars are static but as soon as they are rolling its like the cars have no soul, if you get me?
In another thread we having someone arguing that the suspension movement is too much and it looks unrealistic. Just watched the vid again and not really sure what you are seeing but I'm seeing the suspension reacting as I would expect.

And no soul? Check this video out. I'm not sure you'll find a more immersive soulful experience in sim racing.

Great list, I wish they would've put the 458 Speciale or 488GTB on the roster instead of the Enzo. Just my opinion though.

Ill watch the video again it was suspension movement . All other videos like the one you posted are great and have me wetting my pants with excitement. If only i had the money for a VR setup. The game is going to be great i know.

Upon further examination you are correct suspension movement is good there is only a couple of strange points to me but i think its camera angle work that is deceiving. At 36 seconds where you see the rear end of the Ferrari exit the corner. @41secs when the ferrari is cornering but the camera seems to be at a static angle to the car as it moves through the bend. - I now think its the camera angle on that one playing with my optical senses.

Strange or not SMS already have my money.......

Last edited:
It's a bit odd there is no road going 488 GTB or 458 Italia yes (since the Lambo Huracan appears both as race car and road car)
Of the GT3s, there isn't the Bentley Continental, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW M6 or Z4, Cadillac ATS-V, McLaren 650S or an old spec Mercedes. I'd say the inclusion of the road car variant is the exception rather than the rule.

Of the GT3s, there isn't the Bentley Continental, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW M6 or Z4, Cadillac ATS-V, McLaren 650S or an old spec Mercedes. I'd say the inclusion of the road car variant is the exception rather than the rule.

Yeah when looking at it from a GT3 perspective you are right, but I was more looking at it from a modern roadcar/hypercar perspective from "the big three". :)
* Porsche has the 911 GT3 RS modern supercar and the 918 as hypercar.
* Lamborghini the Huracan modern supercar and Veneno as hypercar.
* And then Ferrari doesn't have a modern supercar (LaFerrari as hypercar). The Enzo is a supercar and an absolutely beauty at that but a 488 GTB would make a lot of sense IMO since the Enzo is already 15 years old and you can't really measure it against the other modern supercars. (performance-wise sure you can but the car is from a different era IMO)
* Heck even McLaren has 2 new ones there with the 720S and then the P1 as hypercar, although you could say the 720S is like half a hypercar already as well but I believe it is supposed to replace the 650S.

All the other brands you mention don't have a foot that high in the supercar/hypercar segment. :)

Yeah when looking at it from a GT3 perspective you are right, but I was more looking at it from a modern roadcar/hypercar perspective from "the big three". :)
* Porsche has the 911 GT3 RS modern supercar and the 918 as hypercar.
* Lamborghini the Huracan modern supercar and Veneno as hypercar.
* And then Ferrari doesn't have a modern supercar (LaFerrari as hypercar). The Enzo is a supercar and an absolutely beauty at that but a 488 GTB would make a lot of sense IMO since the Enzo is already 15 years old and you can't really measure it against the other modern supercars. (performance-wise sure you can but the car is from a different era IMO)
* Heck even McLaren has 2 new ones there with the 720S and then the P1 as hypercar, although you could say the 720S is like half a hypercar already as well but I believe it is supposed to replace the 650S.

All the other brands you mention don't have a foot that high in the supercar/hypercar segment. :)
Fair enough. That makes sense.

I just wish there was more road cars in general. Especially at the ROAD C &D catergory

I don't know. In the end I end up racing a LOT more with the race cars anyway. For the road car segment I rather wish there would be a bit more classic road cars so they could make a Vintage Road A, Vintage Road B, etc class as well and keeping new and old more separated than the mixed bag it is now in the lower road car segments.

In the race car department I wish we had GT2, Can-Am (Group 7) and a couple more one-make racing serie cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, BMW M235i Racing and the Madza MX-5 Cup.

I don't know. In the end I end up racing a LOT more with the race cars anyway. For the road car segment I rather wish there would be a bit more classic road cars so they could make a Vintage Road A, Vintage Road B, etc class as well and keeping new and old more separated than the mixed bag it is now in the lower road car segments.

In the race car department I wish we had GT2, Can-Am (Group 7) and a couple more one-make racing serie cars like the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, BMW M235i Racing and the Madza MX-5 Cup.
I would love to have a Porsche GT3 Cup Car to do some one make races in.

All of these series would be welcome in my books. Power wise I enjoy the gt3 class and below. I would love a mid 90's BTCC, plus a holden to go with the ford v8 supercar. I dont like holdens at all lol but it would make championships alot more authentic

Latest Posts

Back