Forza 7 Partners With Red Bull Rallycross — A Hint of Things to Come?

Same here, it would make sense with the number of off-road cars in the game, but I won't hold my breath on this news alone. The number of events and races Gran Turismo has sponsored over the years which have had very little to no bearing on any of the games is huge. But if it was true, it would be a fantastic addition to the series.

Yeah, Rallycross might be a great idea for Forza 7. So far, Forza 7 feels a bit like Forza 6 in 4K with dynamic weather. The car line up so far is pretty much Forza 6 + Horizon 3... which isn't bad... but still... i see quite some room for improvement. A serious take on offroad races might be the next big step.

I feel a bit strange about Forza 7 right now. I'm really looking forward to it but i have the feeling something is missing. We have seen only ONE trailer so far. There are almost no up-to-date GT3 cars in the game... there HAS to be more.

Yes please! Right now the base game only looks attractive to those who have never played FM6 + FH3 and/or PC gamers. A RallyCross expansion will definitely make FM7 worthwhile to those of us who have played the aforementioned titles.

Now this is interesting....rallycross expansion with 5 real world rallycross circuits, 5 new rallycross cars and career events....that sounds and would be sweet as hell. Still not getting the game on day one however it's a good sign of things to come.

"leaked" pic from some event.

Attachments

• WTF-Is-This-****-600x378.jpg
    WTF-Is-This-****-600x378.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 164
Same here, it would make sense with the number of off-road cars in the game, but I won't hold my breath on this news alone. The number of events and races Gran Turismo has sponsored over the years which have had very little to no bearing on any of the games is huge. But if it was true, it would be a fantastic addition to the series.

Yeah since most of the offroad buggies, heavy offroad, pro trucks and rally monsters from FH3 made it into FM7 I would say something with offroad is coming to FM7. Not sure if that would be rallycross or just dirt circuits a la GT:Sport.

Rallycross is a feature I have wanted to be seen added to Forza Motorsport for awhile now.

Please be so.

Also I hope they don't restrict what cars you can use.. If I want to take a Formula 1, Formula E, Indycar, Nascar or LMP car Rallying.. Who are you to not allow me?

Thing is though is that when this picture came out, people were predicting that the new Xbox would correctly be the Xbox 1X. I don't think there will be an offical Forza X game but it was an example of what the new xbox is capable of. See that one thing where they had banjo kazooie to show off the kinect a while ago.

Yeah, Rallycross might be a great idea for Forza 7. So far, Forza 7 feels a bit like Forza 6 in 4K with dynamic weather. The car line up so far is pretty much Forza 6 + Horizon 3... which isn't bad... but still... i see quite some room for improvement. A serious take on offroad races might be the next big step.

I feel a bit strange about Forza 7 right now. I'm really looking forward to it but i have the feeling something is missing. We have seen only ONE trailer so far. There are almost no up-to-date GT3 cars in the game... there HAS to be more.

I dunno. The differences between one FM and the next never seem to be really that large. But you look at the differences between FM5 and FM7 and it's a fairly massive jump. I think having regular releases every two years means that there's never likely to be a massive jump between games, simply because there isn't enough time for that. It's tweaking and tuning and adding small features one at a time to build up to a significant improvement over a generation.

I dunno. The differences between one FM and the next never seem to be really that large.

There was a world of differences between FM4 and FM5 (understandably, since it was for a new platform and whatnot) but having spent some time tonight with FM5 for the first time, there's a huge difference between FM5 and FM6, not just content wise but also visually and with the controls.

Should there be an FM8 if the racing game world doesn't collapse in the coming year (honestly, the 3 major titles that are coming out in the next months are all with their flaws and deal-breaking problems, some bigger than others) I'm assuming it'll be a completely different experience.

There was a world of differences between FM4 and FM5 (understandably, since it was for a new platform and whatnot) but having spent some time tonight with FM5 for the first time, there's a huge difference between FM5 and FM6, not just content wise but also visually and with the controls.

You reckon? It's better, but I wouldn't have said that it's a massive jump. They're both still recognisably Forza Motorsport.

I guess it depends what you think a huge difference is, I didn't think that there was much significant difference between GT5 and GT6. Likewise, I counted the improvements between FM5 and FM6 as refinements rather than big changes. But that's just me and my impression of how T10 operates. I feel like Forza gets regular releases that don't necessarily represent a stunning overhaul from the previous iteration, but that add up to a significant improvement over the course of a generation. pCARS and AC don't have enough of a history for me to say how they work, but Gran Turismo definitely goes for the opposite extreme of long periods between releases with major upgrades to the systems (or at least attempted major upgrades, see my opinion above of GT5 vs. GT6).

I jumped in from years and years of FM4 and got directly to FM6 and honestly felt right at home with the game, yet for some reason so far I can't get acquainted with FM5 in quite the same way. It's totally different to my mind, yet I can't quite put my finger on why...

Just wanted to say related to the article. Gran Turismo sponsored the Pike Peaks Hill Climb the one year and look where that ended up. I don't think we'll see any Rallycross in forza until at least forza horizon 4

Off road racing doesn't even require any licensed content. I am genuinely surprised Motorsport hasn't introduced a fictional dirt track with multiple rallycross/short course ribbons. You could even include a dirt oval and then build rally stages(!!) out of the entire map but alas this feels far too revolutionary for Forza to tackle.

Not to say official GRC cars and tracks wouldn't be welcome; they are underrepresented in games, and with it effectively being a manufacturer-backed exhibition you'd think that they would push for this kind of exposure.

Last edited:
Either as an expansion or even better: a day one car pack. Even if it's just a handful of 2014 GRC and 2016 FIA RX cars combined I'll be fine.

If it were a day one car pack, here's what I want to see for the cars:

1. Audi #5 EKS RX S1 '16
  2. Chevrolet #4 BMI Racing Sonic '14
  3. Citroen #1 Petter Solberg World RX Team DS3 '16
  4. Ford #43 Hoonigan Racing Division Fiesta ST '14
  5. Hyundai #67 Rhys Millen Racing Veloster '14
  6. Mini #33 JRM Racing Countryman '16
  7. Peugeot #9 Team Peugeot-Hansen 208 '16
  8. Subaru #11 Subaru Rally Team USA Impreza GRC '14
  9. Volkswagen #3 Volkswagen RX Sweden Polo '16

Last edited:
Off road racing doesn't even require any licensed content. I am genuinely surprised Motorsport hasn't introduced a fictional dirt track with multiple rallycross/short course ribbons. You could even include a dirt oval and then build rally stages(!!) out of the entire map but alas this feels far too revolutionary for Forza to tackle.

Not to say official GRC cars and tracks wouldn't be welcome; they are underrepresented in games, and with it effectively being a manufacturer-backed exhibition you'd think that they would push for this kind of exposure.

Like the Camino Viejo/Ladera Test Track/Iberian area. A big area full of different layouts would be very cool. A dirt speedway, a rally cross track and a stadium truck course with a rally trail connecting them all. Have lots of layouts and that would be superb.

Yeah since most of the offroad buggies, heavy offroad, pro trucks and rally monsters from FH3 made it into FM7 I would say something with offroad is coming to FM7. Not sure if that would be rallycross or just dirt circuits a la GT:Sport.
The amount of times that I've seen speculation like this on this site is very high.
I would highly recommend, as PJ just said, to temper expectations.

I honestly can't recall the last time something speculated like this actually came to fruition.

I will go so far as to personally, [for myself) consider rally not in FM7 unless/until T10 says otherwise.
Butt DLC IF it is. (Both to test popularity and to make sure they get money for the efforts)

I honestly can't recall the last time something speculated like this actually came to fruition.

There are often clues like this. When Turn 20 started adding so many Holdens to FM6 people including myself started assuming the next FH game would be in Australia. And that was pretty much spot on.

There are often clues like this. When Turn 20 started adding so many Holdens to FM6 people including myself started assuming the next FH game would be in Australia. And that was pretty much spot on.
"Shrug" get your hopes up if you want.
I won't, I've read waaaay too many GTP articles suggesting something might hint at something when it doesn't.
I've seen too much reading between the lines to try to make things be in games, that were never coming in the first place.

Edit: By that logic, we can conclusively determine FH4 will or won't be in Japan, based on Toyotas inclusion or exclusion.
That's just silly.

I think the next one may be based in Canada. Based on the blizzard mountain expansion and newly introduced snow, it would make a little sense . Plus Canada has not received much love from forza at all.

Back