Alpina's D5 S is the New Fastest Production Diesel Car

I assume the repeated lack of the tri-turbo (or, indeed, the newer quad) over here in the UK is because of our right-hand-drive awkwardness? It prevented the "X-Drive" variants being sold here for a time, too, which they evidently have solved with the more recent generations.

On that basis, "low sales expectations" would prevent any engineering solution in the first place.

I assume the repeated lack of the tri-turbo (or, indeed, the newer quad) over here in the UK is because of our right-hand-drive awkwardness? It prevented the "X-Drive" variants being sold here for a time, too, which they evidently have solved with the more recent generations.

LHD markets (Well, us and the Japanese at least) get a RWD version of the latest B7 too, as opposed to the standard AWD... not sure if I view that as a bad thing or a good.

LHD markets (Well, us and the Japanese at least) get a RWD version of the latest B7 too, as opposed to the standard AWD... not sure if I view that as a bad thing or a good.
I think ultimately it's an annoying inconsistency, and one I feel that really shouldn't exist in the range of such an engineering might as BMW (who ultimately dictate the options open to Alpina, according to the platforms they design). But as you say, without it, would the RWD B7 even have been an "option"?

Back