35mm's Snapshots

  • Thread starter Thread starter 35mm
  • 1,929 comments
  • 170,223 views
Do you do your B&W processing in PS @35mm ?

I am playing with Silver Efex 2 and have used about 10% of its potential at present. Youtube as always is invaluable.
 
Do you do your B&W processing in PS @35mm ?
Nop. For 6 years now, I've been using Lr only.

As for my method, I normally choose the base from the dozens of presets that I have and then fine-tune them (including messing with the channel mixer).

But then I'm aware that I don't do bw's very well. Or at least I never seem to be able to replicate those bw that I see others doing and that leave me admiring them.
 


Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 55mm f/1.2
​
 


Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 55mm f/1.2




Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 20mm f/3.5
​
 


Nikon D600 | Samyang AE 85mm f/1.4
​
 


Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 55mm f/1.2
​
 


Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 20mm f/3.5
​

Which building is this? It kind of reminds me of the Burj Al Arab for some reason. Cool shot! 👍
 
Which building is this? It kind of reminds me of the Burj Al Arab for some reason. Cool shot! 👍
Thanks!

That'll be the Vasco da Gama Tower. I can understand why it reminds you of the Burj Al Arab - in fact, both structures were designed to mimic the sail of a ship.


I like this and this. They seem so surreal in terms of tones. I don't know.. it just feels futuristic.
Thanks, glad you do.

It wasn't easy to adjust the tones on the first shot you mention. For some reason, even the Auto WB was all over the place.
 
Last edited:



Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 55mm f/1.2
​
 


Nikon D600 | Samyang AE 85mm f/1.4
​
 
As always, great photography.
 


Nikon D600 | Nikkor AI 55mm f/1.2
​
 
Really would like that cherry shot without the microwave :p The lack of colors with that pop of fruit is very nice though.
 
Really would like that cherry shot without the microwave :p The lack of colors with that pop of fruit is very nice though.
Totally agree, yes. 👍
 
Back