35mm

~
Premium
Portugal
Leiria
jpfctf
jpfctf
And why the hell not?

It has been a long time since I posted photos here at GTPlanet (since the great "The Photography Thread"), but I've now decided to create a gallery here.

Not sure how I'll do this, since I already have lots of shots in my flickr gallery, but I thought I'd start with the recent ones.

We'll see how it goes from here.

For more information on a photo, just click on it and it will take you to its flickr page (with tags, details, location, EXIF info, etc.).

Film:

Digital:

Last edited:
^ Thanks, Alex.

Here's some more stuff. Just like the first 4 photos of the first post, these are all film (either Fujifilm Superia X-TRA 400 or Ilford XP2 Super 400):

Last edited:
[/CENTER]

I quite like the idea behind this shot. A slight change in angle so that the window sill and the last digit weren't over lapping, and maybe rain on the window, would make this amazing. The clean and simple composition just gives this mood when in black and white that, honestly, I can't place my finger on.

I quite like the idea behind this shot. A slight change in angle so that the window sill and the last digit weren't over lapping, and maybe rain on the window, would make this amazing. The clean and simple composition just gives this mood when in black and white that, honestly, I can't place my finger on.

I see what you're saying. That shot is from the last 2 or 3 of the roll, and I just wanted to shoot something to finish it at that moment. I regret now not having put some more thought in it...
I appreciate the input. 👍

Some new stuff...:

...together with some old stuff:

Last edited:
^ Great shots 👍 The B&W works really well with them. I am impressed indeed :D

Nice shots 👍

Started too shooting again in analogue (Canon Ae1/Minolta's)

Thanks.

I think that, ideally, I'd only shoot film. It makes everything more special.

These are....... seriously cool. Honestly, loving the tones, loving most of the composition. What lens are you using on the D200? I struggle to easily get images that crisp on my D60 and its something that annoys me greatly.
Also what film camera do you use (if you use it)?

Digging your style. 👍

Last edited:
^ Glad you like them. 👍

You should be able to get crisp images out of your D60 as well. Maybe it's just the post-processing part that you're missing (resizing and sharpen).

And yes, some of those photos are taken with a film camera (F80). You can see my gear here.

I'll probably be posting some more film stuff soon.

These are jaw droppingly good, the tones on some of these are amazing. The film stuff is incredible too, I really should get out there shooting some film it's not something I have a great deal of experience with but these are truly inspiring.

Some great work, looking forward to seeing more.

Last two sets are both excellent.

If I had to pick favourites from the first crop it would be the pegs and the last 3. 👍

I'm glad you mentioned the pegs one. I can see a lot of people thinking "This is stupid. What the hell is it about?".

But I do love it (and certainly can't explain why).

I find more and more these days visual impact can trigger intrest almost as well as actual subject matter, and an expolsion of colour in a basket of pegs has just that.

The last B&W set are great too - with favs being second and the last. 👍

I'm seriously regretting not seeing this thread sooner. As has been said already, your composition is fantastic. I get the feeling you could make a good picture from any situation. 👍

These are shots that I would be proud of. And I am not that proud of all that many of my own. The first 4 and the las would have to be favourites. 👍

These are shots that I would be proud of. And I am not that proud of all that many of my own. The first 4 and the las would have to be favourites. 👍
Although I feel the same many times (i.e. not proud of my photos but loving others), that is saying a lot. 👍

I'm seriously regretting not seeing this thread sooner. As has been said already, your composition is fantastic. I get the feeling you could make a good picture from any situation. 👍
This is only page 2 yet. ;)

Thanks, guys.

Nice. Like all of them - and what is this "film" of which you speak???

35mm film. Didn't think it was that far out of the mainstream yet, your parents should have a film camera somewhere.

35mm-film.jpg

Back