35mm's Snapshots

• Thread starter 35mm
  • 1,929 comments
Those are the bad parts, right there...
You see, I'm already back from vacation (and working). I was on trip from July 6 till 22.
The second bad part is that I was in HK for such a short period of time and always in a rush. Unfortunately, I don't think I have decent shots from HK, to be honest. 👎

I think you'll be surprised how well at least a few of them turned out.

Oh well, I guess next time then...

Do you go to Asia often, or was this a once in a blue moon type of trip?

Do you go to Asia often, or was this a once in a blue moon type of trip?

It was my second time there. We were at Macau (and also HK and Guangzhou) in 2005 as well.
Since my wife has a close friend who lives in Macau, we have the relatively rare chance to go to Macau and stay there without paying for a hotel or even most of the food.

Since the plain ticket is quite expensive and it's a 24h trip (in total, from home to home), we can't do it very often. But we do have plans to go back some more times. Not only we love Asia, we also have some countries we specifically would love to go to (Thailand, Vietnam, Japan...).

Gorgeous gallery, DM! I'm slowly making my way through your (massive) Flickr page, really diggin' the shots from NYC. Keep 'em coming, sir!

This is great.
👍

Gorgeous gallery, DM! I'm slowly making my way through your (massive) Flickr page, really diggin' the shots from NYC. Keep 'em coming, sir!
Wow, tabs! How long has it been...?
Really great to see you around here!
Glad you like the photos and thanks for stopping by. 👍👍👍

Brilliant work as per usual man. Really loving the film-esque colours you are bringing to everything 👍
Thanks so much. I'm trying not to go overboard with it.

1/320 | ƒ/8 | ISO 100 | 31 mm

Can't get enough of this spectacular building.

1/250 | ƒ/8 | ISO 100 | 21 mm

Last edited:
Are you using the VSCO filters? If not, other (pre-made) filters?

Either way, how do you post-process the photos for that look to appear?

Are you using the VSCO filters?
In a word, yes.

But I also have an "Expired Film" preset pack that a friend passed me, which has nothing to do with VSCO. I also use presets 100% made by me that were made to look a bit more film-like. Also, I never use a VSCO preset directly; there's always tweaking envolved - I always try not to go too far and stay in the middle ground between "film look" and "digital look".

But if you like this look in general, then yes, it's VSCO that you should be looking for.

In a word, yes.

But I also have an "Expired Film" preset pack that a friend passed me, which has nothing to do with VSCO. I also use presets 100% made by me that were made to look a bit more film-like. Also, I never use a VSCO preset directly; there's always tweaking envolved - I always try not to go too far and stay in the middle ground between "film look" and "digital look".

But if you like this look in general, then yes, it's VSCO that you should be looking for.

Is the "Expired Film" thingie something that's available for free? If so: care to share?

I thought about getting the VSCO pack but it's pretty expensive, sadly. :/

Indeed, VSCO is ridiculously expensive. About the other ones, I sadly don't know...

Anyway, I'll shoot you a PM.

^ :drool:

I'm really diggin' those Maserati shots! 👍 Tones are perfect!

I also really like that MGM building. Great feat of architecture there. 👍

1/400 | ƒ/8 | ISO 180 | 15 mm

1/400 | ƒ/8 | ISO 160 | 15 mm

1/400 | ƒ/8 | ISO 200 | 15 mm

Last edited:
Back