GTSPORT Takesound #1 in sales.

United States
Greensboro/NC/U
jarod336/GTP_torque
Paperorplastic/ manherollen
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/10/uk_sales_charts_gran_turismo_sport_triples_forza_7s_launch

That is crazy as hell. PD should definitely be celebrating.

1. Gran Turismo Sport
  2. FIFA 18
  3. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  4. WWE 2K18
  5. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  6. The Evil Within 2
  7. Destiny 2
  8. Grand Theft Auto V
  9. Forza Motorsport 7
  10. Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy

"and also outperformed late PlayStation 3 arrival Gran Turismo 6"

Before I doubted PD Could recover after GT6... I stand very corrected. So Congratulations to Polyphony Digital and kazunori.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could've just edited the first thread instead of making another, but I'll let staff handle that.

I'm not surprised it outsold F7, but I'm surprised it was 3 times. That's pretty remarkable, and the fact it doesn't take digital sales is even more of a positive.

Could've just edited the first thread instead of making another, but I'll let staff handle that.

I'm not surprised it outsold F7, but I'm surprised it was 3 times. That's pretty remarkable, and the fact it doesn't take digital sales is even more of a positive.
Yeah, not sure why it spawned two threads, however this is exciting news, more sales = more GT.

The fact that it just sold more than GT6 lifetime, absolutely Blows me away.

That makes sense... what doesn't is how the four-year-old GTAV still outsells the brand-new Forza 7!

Sales of a critically acclaimed game outselling Forza 7, which is pretty new to the month....? I don't live in the UK, as per this particular sales chart for that week, maybe a sale happened? Maybe a complete edition came out? I don't know. However, this game is setting records 4 years later because it's really good and very popular, even 4 years later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_V

"In the United Kingdom, the game became the all time fastest-selling, selling more than 2.25 million copies in five days. This broke the record set by Call of Duty: Black Ops at two million copies over the same period. It broke the day one record by selling 1.57 million copies and generating £65 million. In two weeks, the game sold more than 2.6 million copies and generated £90 million, which accounted for 52% of games sold September 2013. After three weeks on sale, it beat Grand Theft Auto IV's lifetime sales in the United Kingdom. In its fourth week, it became the fastest-selling title to break the three million barrier in the UK, thus overtaking Black Ops II's lifetime sales. In November 2014, the game became the best-selling game of all time in the UK, overtaking Black Ops. The game was similarly successful in North America: it was the best selling game in September, representing over 50% of software sales and boosting overall software sales by 52% compared to September 2012."

It did much better than I thought. But Forza7 is not a benchmark. GT6 sold twice as much as Forza5 and look it Forza7 will not even come close to Forza5 numbers. I think GTS target is 5million and to achieve this they must bring good updates to the game.

Last edited:
I think GT Sport digital was only available on PSN through Sony. Not even Gamestop and Amazon had no digital codes to sell you before launch for pre order. I think only physical copies were available from retailers and Sony kept the digital all to themselves for this release. Even now on Amazon you cannot select the digital version at all but I have bought digital games for PS4 on Amazon.

With all these sales, maybe all the fans can voice out and change Kaz' mind about the online-only save thing. If folks can get Turn 10 to change their tune with VIP, then with a larger fanbase in GT, a change could be made as well.
Indeed, they should keep this positive momentum by actually listening to what fans really wanted. Otherwise, GTS would end as a one-hit wonder.

It did much better than I thought. But Forza7 is not a benchmark. GT6 sold twice as much as Forza5 and look it Forza7 will not even come close to Forza5 numbers. I think GTS target is 5million and to achieve this they must bring good updates to the game.
At least from this data, Sport is doing better in it's first week than GT6 did. So if it sells this well through every area, it should easily reach GT6's total sales. There's a thread for that btw, and I voted it would do 5-6 million before another title releases.

Really happy it's doing so well in the UK!

I tried to buy my copy of the game from a local 24hr 'ASDA' (UK supermarket chain), at 1am on launch day. Although all the billboards/advertisement stuff was on display in the store, there wasn't any cases on the shelf, just place holder cases. I asked the customer service lady and she kindly allowed me to help her check the lockers where they keep all the games by the checkouts. Nothing but a handful of other titles and a vast sea of FIFA 18. :banghead: Turns out the guy responsible for handling the games, finished his shift at 10pm the night before release. Customer service lady told me he was a massive gamer and was herself very surprised he hadn't put any GTS out on the shelves, or in the lockers, (personally I think he's a Forza player :lol:).

Needless to say, after a wasted late night/early morning and dashed hopes, I took my money elsewhere and purchased it from a smaller 'Tesco' (another UK chain), later that morning. I doubt they'll feel it financially but I've vowed never to buy a game from 'ASDA' again!

It would be great to see what the week 1 PSN pre-order/digital sales of the game were in comparison to the Disc. When/Where do the Digital figures get released?

Considering all the criticism and hate the game's received for its lack of content and new Esports focus, I honestly thought it was gonna sell far less than what PD was generally hoping for. This is very surprising indeed.

Not really, PS4 has boosted many a games sales. Only hope for this game selling massive was huge front loaded numbers, selling 1/3rd of GT5 sales is not overly hopeful long term.

Also keep in mind, GTsport is releasing on a 65ish million user base. GT5 did it numbers on low 40s.

I'm not surprised it outsold F7, but I'm surprised it was 3 times.

Aren't there double as much PS4's sold as XBox One's as well? And before you mention PC - Forza on PC is a joke, several months after FH3 was released I checked on the opening race how many people set a score on the scoreboard on XBox vs PC, I believe 93% was XBox or something, only 7% was PC.

I predict a heavy drop in sales after a few months. That is because new players would have already missed out most of the online seasonal features (like the fia championship) and the game and save requires the servers. That means, that if you buy the game a year after, it is one less year of life for GTS and less a year you can play it. (PD kept GT5 servers for about 5-6 years and I'm praying that they keep the GT6 servers running)

Also, it makes me sad that this game format is being so well-received. I hoped for a massive flop, so that PD would open their eyes and would do things properly next time (for example, I don't mind having 150, but I do mind having all those VGTs and same type of race car). But guess, it's only me.

Back