Need for Speed: Payback Launches Today

To anyone that has played: How's the customization? Is it like NFSU2? (I didn't play 2015).

Nope. It’s like NFS15. NFSU was a ricer simulator series. This is not. (Or, it can be)
3FCEA17E-516A-42FC-ACC7-9CE19F517D9C.jpeg

But the graphics suck! A friend of mine sent this and it immediately made me not want this game anymore.

It looks like GTAIV, maybe worse. And the car looks like a semi-premium from GT6.

Nope. It’s like NFS15. NFSU was a ricer simulator series. This is not. (Or, it can be)
View attachment 689228
But the graphics suck! A friend of mine sent this and it immediately made me not want this game anymore.

It looks like GTAIV, maybe worse. And the car looks like a semi-premium from GT6.
Yesss! Now i see why they didn't add a day time in NFS2015, the night covered up a lot of the bad graphics. I honestly thought I was watching a ps3 game. This game dissapointed me so much, even though I already had low expectations... :/

Yesss! Now i see why they didn't add a day time in NFS2015, the night covered up a lot of the bad graphics. I honestly thought I was watching a ps3 game. This game dissapointed me so much, even though I already had low expectations... :/
Exactly! I was wondering why NFS finally looked «good». Since NFS never looked good. Now we know why. ;)

View attachment 689228

I really don't see what the big deal is? Need for Speed games have looked great since Most Wanted 2012, plus Payback looks gorgeous on the Xbox One X. Obviously it doesn't look as pretty as Driveclub, but graphics alone shouldn't be a deciding factor for buying a game or not.

I really don't see what the big deal is? Need for Speed games have looked great since Most Wanted 2012, plus Payback looks gorgeous on the Xbox One X. Obviously it doesn't look as pretty as Driveclub, but graphics alone shouldn't be a deciding factor for buying a game or not.
Of course not. But having almost a decade old graphics on a current-gen console isn’t exactly cool. Even The Crew before its graphics overhaul looked better. It’s only my opinion, I tend to look at the smaller details. And this game looks and has always looked bad in the details.

I’m still interested in this game. Just not willing to pay full price for it.

View attachment 689228

That really tells me a lot. Might I suggest dropping the snobby attitude? You might entice a more fruitful conversion.

Over the years i might have played and (tried to) enjoy a few NFS titles, but in retrospect

The only good and the best NFS was the very first one (you can carbon date me). Any subsequent NFS title is utterly garbage ! I am saying this is a straight face.

They have tried a few things to make it good original and what not, but at the core, even as an arcade, i cant swallow it...

Payback has this sequence where you tried to chase a trailer truck containing the prizes possession, and it is fleeing at insane speed like 130mph ... Even in your super sport car, you catch catch up

Gimmicky

I cant even say childish, it would be an insult to children, this latest NFS is as stupid as any other.

If they want to do any good, EA should try to replicate what they did in the first NFS, keep it simple and real, none of the fake stuff.

I would suggest that if you guys want feedback from multiple players on whether or not the game is worth it, you should look at the "General Discussion" thread within the NFS category on this site. Also check out the picture threads. One picture alone is not enough to judge the graphics on. Apparently the first patch also addressed some of the texture and anti-aliasing issues present on release day.

Last edited:
Great! Let the riff-raff in GTS go play this game now and leave us sim-racers alone :lol:

Jerome

Back