McLaren 570S and Civic GRC Star in This Week's Project CARS 2 Community Events

Man...driving Civic on that track....the surface changes.....the gravel handling...
There is so much depth there and it feels so natural.
First game from SMS with loose surfaces and my personal feeling is that the driving is at least on Dirt Rally level (with better car behave with handbrake).

It’s a shame such a small amount of people is getting involved in these community events. They are a great way to discover great combos. Had good fun in the 570S today but my final position doesn’t reflect my skill (5th ATM)

Maybe SMS should look into getting some rewards out of these. Maybe some skill points. This may encourage top dogs to come back and set some times.

Is it shared setup again? Because that's what's stopping some of the top dogs to participate, they don't want to share.
It is. But top dogs are fast because they are intrinsically fast. A good tune is just a small help I think.

If that’s the reason, it’s a bit sad. They were sharing ghosts for years. I very much prefer to have more people involved and work my own setup.

A good tune is just a small help I think.
Not if you're both aliens and within .005 seconds of each other. ;)

If that’s the reason, it’s a bit sad. They were sharing ghosts for years.
It's not about the ghosts, it's about the car setups being forced and all the settings being visible to anyone. It would be different if sharing was optional and/or settings invisible. We would see a lot more fast times in both the community events and the TTs then.

Not if you're both aliens and within .005 seconds of each other. ;)

It's not about the ghosts, it's about the car setups being forced and all the settings being visible to anyone. It would be different if sharing was optional and/or settings invisible. We would see a lot more fast times in both the community events and the TTs then.

I get your point. When you are within thousands maybe peeking at the setup of the guy in front would give you that extra time.

I think you’re right anyway 👍 It is very likely they are not posting times to not to show their tunes.

My point was that they should be competing as I believe their speed comes 95% from their talent and 5% from the tune. Also, that sharing your line is almost as important as sharing your tune, and they’ve being doing this for years now.

In the end of the day is just a shame to see empty leaderboards.

Last edited:
Enjoying the challenge in the McLaren, not necessarily enjoying driving the car. :(

I am losing so much laptime due to inconsistent driving / handling. it is as if this car is on ice on some laps and corner. I have done some rather unscientific testing, quitting out of the game and then going back in to see if it helps. Last night, i went from being 2 seconds off my pace to setting my fastest lap, the only quantifiable difference being that I quit the game and then went back in - same set up, same steering wheel, same driver :)

I really can't say whether this is the new live track thing that is causing it and I am just not able to handle the change in conditions, but this is the first time I have truly struggled at driving, be that sim or real life.

For example, the first corner, sometimes the car just understeers off, even if I am going slower than the lap before - the very next lap, I can finish the braking from the straight, select 4th, turn in and it oversteers off. Then the next lap, same line and the car turns in sharp and I can plant the throttle and pull it out on a controlled drift to go up by nearly 0.5 on my sector time.

I am at a complete loss on how to be consistent in this car - makes learning where to find the time gains almost pointless :(

Last edited:
Enjoying the challenge in the McLaren, not necessarily enjoying driving the car. :(

I am losing so much laptime due to inconsistent driving / handling. it is as if this car is on ice on some laps and corner. I have done some rather unscientific testing, quitting out of the game and then going back in to see if it helps. Last night, i went from being 2 seconds off my pace to setting my fastest lap, the only quantifiable difference being that I quit the game and then went back in - same set up, same steering wheel, same driver :)

I really can't say whether this is the new live track thing that is causing it and I am just not able to handle the change in conditions, but this is the first time I have truly struggled at driving, be that sim or real life.

For example, the first corner, sometimes the car just understeers off, even if I am going slower than the lap before - the very next lap, I can finish the braking from the straight, select 4th, turn in and it oversteers off. Then the next lap, same line and the car turns in sharp and I can plant the throttle and pull it out on a controlled drift to go up by nearly 0.5 on my sector time.

I am at a complete loss on how to be consistent in this car - makes learning where to find the time gains almost pointless :(

Hi Miko, I have been lapping yesterday quite consistently. When the car spun or went out of the track it was entirely my fault.

Ran four sessions along the day and the car/track felt always the same. In community events the track should be always under the same conditions so Live track is not a variable.

Wouldn’t be a case of you over cooking the first corner? I found it a bit difficult to nail it and keep the pace of the fastest guys.

Also, the physics/tire engine is very good, meaning that driving a car in game feels organic, making it difficult to nail lap after lap, as it is in real life.

I can’t give you much more advice without looking at your lap

Hi Miko, I have been lapping yesterday quite consistently. When the car spun or went out of the track it was entirely my fault.

Ran four sessions along the day and the car/track felt always the same. In community events the track should be always under the same conditions so Live track is not a variable.

Wouldn’t be a case of you over cooking the first corner? I found it a bit difficult to nail it and keep the pace of the fastest guys.

Also, the physics/tire engine is very good, meaning that driving a car in game feels organic, making it difficult to nail lap after lap, as it is in real life.

I can’t give you much more advice without looking at your lap

Thanks for the reply. I can't say it isn't me, or maybe at a long shot my wheel / pedals. Just never encountered this sort of issue where it is so hard to pick a braking point and have it stick, or to drive the car as opposed to react to it.

I am going to keep trying though and will post a vid if I keep hitting the wall, figuratively and literally!!

One question, though. This car is rw
d, but when I accelerate out of a tight corner the car understeers on power. I can't wrap my head around that. I have to back out, then the rear steps out and I countersteer to the kerb. Looks impressive, but it is not quick!!! Do you experience this or have any ideas how to stop it happening in this type of car?

And yes, you can tell me I am just cr*p, that is a real possibility..

Last edited:
One question, though. This car is red, but when I accelerate out of a tight corner the car understeers on power

It’s an MR car. That means that the weight is approximately 50/50 with the engine sitting behind the driver.

Therefore you need to ‘play’ with the weight (trail brake) in order to make the car rotate. If you slam the gas mid corner and the car wasn’t rotating the car would be catapulted straight, suffering from understeer.

I hope this helps. 👍

I'm liking the McLaren a lot. All I changed was to move the brake bias a click or two towards the rear since the fronts are prone to lock up, and try to keep it stable. Still way off the#1 time though. Quite a big gap between #1 and #10 positions

It’s an MR car. That means that the weight is approximately 50/50 with the engine sitting behind the driver.

Therefore you need to ‘play’ with the weight (trail brake) in order to make the car rotate. If you slam the gas mid corner and the car wasn’t rotating the car would be catapulted straight, suffering from understeer.

I hope this helps. 👍

Ahhh, that makes sense - I get it!! Right, I need to change my driving style on that then - I was not flooring it, but using the gas to push the back out to rotate the car, but if this induces understeer, then I need to work on setting the car to a more positive position on turn in and mid corner. Trail braking skills needed, but at least that is a direction.

Back