Bauble Burble: DS3 Performance Black Review

Sounds like a car worth looking at. I wonder if it sounds like a hot hatch and if it's willing to rev or if it's a bit boosty.

At 200bhp an LSD is always a plus so I imagine it pulls out of corners nicely.

I wonder if it sounds like a hot hatch
Oddly it's very quiet in the cabin, but from the outside it sounds like a proper hot hatch.

It does rev well though, yes. I've driven three cars with this engine (206hp here and in the 208, 266hp in the RCZ R variant) and they all have a fairly linear response. There's not a hurry up and wait moment, or any noticeable lumps in power delivery.

Thinking back to an interesting recent GTP article and looking at the size of those wheels, I bet that hasn't got a full size spare hidden in the the boot.

I quite like the gold dash it lifts the cabin somewhat, although I'd have thought it might have caused some reflection problems.

Overall a nice little motor.

Oddly it's very quiet in the cabin, but from the outside it sounds like a proper hot hatch.

It does rev well though, yes. I've driven three cars with this engine (206hp here and in the 208, 266hp in the RCZ R variant) and they all have a fairly linear response. There's not a hurry up and wait moment, or any noticeable lumps in power delivery.

Thanks for the reply. I have to say I quite like the idea of the DS3 Performance as a slightly left field choice.

I find it a little odd when discussing rivals to this the MINI was never mentioned, unless I missed where it’s not considered a B-segment hot hatch anymore. Not to mention the motor in this was also used in the Cooper S from 2011 to 2014.

Latest Posts

Back