Test Driving the Trio of New Cars in GT Sport

R18 hands down is the best car I've driven in Gran Turismo Sport. Loads of grip, looks fantastic and sounds great.

R18’s best trait is that it laughs at those fuel-thirsty VGTs in a fuel consumption race.

You don’t even have to touch the fuel map at all.

It's a good car, but the Nissan GTR LMP1 has amazing downforce. It's like driving a formula car. Even with a stock setup it takes turns flat out or nearly flat. The Audi has more neutral handling because it's rwd with fwd assist, but I was amazed at how much better the Nissan is than in GT6. And the top speed is probably the best among the lmp1s at a set bop/power.

The Audi R18 is my favourite among the 3 hybrid LMP1s. Really hope that PD will eventually bring Circuit de la Sarthe and multi-class racing as an option for custom race into the game. Would be awesome to have a fantasy Le Mans race :cheers:

That would be my number one request too. I would go as far as saying the complete grids for the last two or three years would be mega. Just throw day/night transitions and weather into the mix too.

CJ

Noticed the inclusion of the Bahrain track map in the cockpit of the R18.

They(Polyphony) were around in Bahrain that year, they were also in Bahrain this year too.

The R18 understeers like a pig for me, much prefer the 919 and TS050.

Yup... getting the same too, but it sorts itself when you play around with the brake balance. From what I remember Audi used to run very heavy rear brake bias in the real world.

Dat R18 tire squeal tho... Any real driver would be deaf or insane after a 24h race if real tires would make so much noise. :lol:

Back