Dr rating

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
may be a dumb question but how do you increase your dr rating? Is it by finishing better than your qualifying? If so would it not be better to start at the back?

I seem to be stuck between dr:d/c sr:b/c

It isn't there to be improved through 'tactics' and 'playing the system' because it's designed to match your pace with the people you play with. If you fudge your figures to attain a higher DR rating then your chances of having competitive races diminishes (and also causes problems for the people in those classes having to race with people slower than their race pace).

If you're quick, you'll increase your DR to the point that matches your skill. Don't pay heed to it other than to note if you are improving relative to the rest of the player base or not.

It isn't there to be improved through 'tactics' and 'playing the system' because it's designed to match your pace with the people you play with. If you fudge your figures to attain a higher DR rating then your chances of having competitive races diminishes (and also causes problems for the people in those classes having to race with people slower than their race pace).

If you're quick, you'll increase your DR to the point that matches your skill. Don't pay heed to it other than to note if you are improving relative to the rest of the player base or not.

What he said.

Also if you somehow artificially raise your DR you'll only ruin your own fun, no one likes being at the back of the grid, and that's exactly where you'll be all the time until you eventually drop back to where you should have been.

I think too many people are "playing" the ranking systems like its a game (obviously it is a "game" but I have a point!) it's not a rank, it's a rating. You are rated as to what your speed is and your safety. Not everyone will or should be able to increase their rating on either of those. Gamers seem to have some ingrained sense that they should all be able to achieve the top rank. Like I said it's not a rank, it's a rating. You will only achieve what you are deserving of, in time.
I feel like in maybe 6 months time it will have levelled out and everyone will be where they are supposed to be. There probably isn't enough data for the system to have everyone where they should be currently.

I remember in the closed beta I got to A, it was no fun I was the whipping boy in every race. I dropped back to B eventually and while it sucked and my ego didn't like it, I was now having fun and fighting at the front instead of desperately trying to cling to the back bumpers of faster drivers. Sometimes being promoted is not a good thing and you just have to learn to accept that you are not as good as playing campaign mode made you think you were :guilty:

Last edited:
never really understood why anyone cares about the driver rating. Unless your likely to be 1st your simply one of the many thousands of losers anyway.

Whenever i see a fairly high driver ranking i can't say that it impresses me. I tend to be far more impressed seeing people with a high safety rating.

As previous people have commented, its much better to just be placed in the same group of people of your own ability.

In theory, everyone could have SR=S. In practice, too many have it. If I'm honest, I'd say I should perhaps be an A rather than an S myself, if it was scaled better. So don't be impressed by it :)

Anyway, my DR doesn't seem to have changed with this update, or if it has it's only gone done a very tiny bit. I've been at about 75% to 80% full bar of B for a while, now at what looks like 75%.

I could play with more focus on increasing DR and probably make it to A without too much difficulty, probably would've been there already if Gr4 hadn't got all messed up - I was only a couple of pixels shy of it at one point before that happened. But that's not by 'gaming' it, because you can't really, just by staying away from races that won't suit me.

What’s been said, DR cannot be gamed to improve. Improving/declining is a matter of your pace/finishes in comparison to similarly skilled (fast) drivers.
Only by raising your skill through practicing will you see your pace improve. Add lots of top finishes or victories and you’ll raise in ranks.
Don’t be delusional though, your skill is limited by your general set of abilities required for such games ( like NJ72 wrote). By and large the majority of gamers won’t ever reach DR A, let alone S.

I wouldn't worry about what your DR is.
I've noticed even at DR/A and SR/S that I get drivers who are DR/D or C or B (haven't paired with a DR S yet), mostly it's the SR that is the most important thing.

While I agree with all these comments, this is not the case in most occasions. I am DR D and SR S and won 6/6 Gr.3 races by over 20 seconds :boggled:
Pretty dull races.

may be a dumb question but how do you increase your dr rating? Is it by finishing better than your qualifying? If so would it not be better to start at the back?

I seem to be stuck between dr:d/c sr:b/c
Starting and finishing at the back drops DR no matter how clean you drive. I've had races where I started 4th and finished 8th or whatever and my DR increased then another race where I started 14th and finished 17th and my DR dropped.

DR increases when you overtake for positions, drive clean and finishing in the top 10.

DR most definitely can be 'gamed'. If you choose not to qualify for an event you are placed at the back of the pack. If you then blast through the pack nice and cleanly and end up, say, 3rd then you will almost certainly gain a higher DR bump than you would have received if you'd qualified in 5th and then finished in 3rd.

DR increases when you overtake for positions, drive clean and finishing in the top 10.
DR increases when you place in the top half of the grid (finishing in the top 10 of a 12 car race isn't exactly a great result) and finish ahead of your expected position (based on DR ranking, and seemingly displayed to all in the lobby as your car's door number).

DR most definitely can be 'gamed'. If you choose not to qualify for an event you are placed at the back of the pack. If you then blast through the pack nice and cleanly and end up, say, 3rd then you will almost certainly gain a higher DR bump than you would have received if you'd qualified in 5th and then finished in 3rd.

I've tried that for the past 8-10 races in an effort to improve my current DR D rating. Started in the back and ended middle to top of field (5-7) positions raised - yet I am still DR D /cry

DR increases when you place in the top half of the grid (finishing in the top 10 of a 12 car race isn't exactly a great result) and finish ahead of your expected position (based on DR ranking, and seemingly displayed to all in the lobby as your car's door number).

Ah, this may be why I am stuck at DR D... I need to aim for top of the field...

I've tried that for the past 8-10 races in an effort to improve my current DR D rating. Started in the back and ended middle to top of field (5-7) positions raised - yet I am still DR D /cry

Ah, this may be why I am stuck at DR D... I need to aim for top of the field...

If you qualify fast, and race fast - you will gain DR very quickly.
I went from DR D when I first got the game to DR B in one or two days.
It then took me until last week to get to DR A, I've raced probably 150~ sport mode races.

Interesting. Is that what the list is at the start of the race before the grid is revealed and your car number? Your expected finishing position based on who you have been matched with? That number is also displayed on your helmet when your sitting on the floor before the matching too then? Never knew that.

While I agree with all these comments, this is not the case in most occasions. I am DR D and SR S and won 6/6 Gr.3 races by over 20 seconds :boggled:
Pretty dull races.

If that is true then I imagine you'll be upgraded to C fairly soon. Unlike SR, DR changes take a lot longer to happen.

I was buying into that door number theory until I, as a C, was placed in a grid full of B's. My quali time was only good enough for 11th on the grid and yet my door number was 2. No chance the game expected me to finish 2nd or higher! In the end I finished 8th and still got a bump in DR.

Last edited:
... seemingly displayed to all in the lobby as your car's door number

Dunno about that. I had a race where there was only me and three others at DR B, the rest Cs and Ds, yet I had 06 as my number. I started and finished above 6th. I'll keep watching it and try to tally it with DR movements though.

If you qualify fast, and race fast - you will gain DR very quickly.
I went from DR D when I first got the game to DR B in one or two days.
It then took me until last week to get to DR A, I've raced probably 150~ sport mode races.

Similar... took me 5 races to get to DRB, about another 30 to get to DRA.

I'm on 60 odd now, and think I'll be DRS after my next race - took me less races to get from DRA to almost S than from DRB to A, primarily as I ran a lot of 10 lap races against very strong fields between A and S.

You can level up very quickly if you're careful where you race, and who you race with.

I was buying into that door number theory until I, as a C, was placed in a grid full of B's. My quali time was only good enough for 11th on the grid and yet my door number was 2. No chance the game expected me to finish 2nd or higher! In the end I finished 8th and still got a bump in DR.
I still think is it is just the order you happen to enter into the race lobby.

My quali time was only good enough for 11th on the grid and yet my door number was 2. No chance the game expected me to finish 2nd or higher!
It's (probably) nothing to do with your practice time, but your numerical DR rating. You (probably) had the second most amount of DR points in the lobby.

Although I've spotted a bit of a shake-up in v1.07, which is annoying.

It's (probably) nothing to do with your practice time, but your numerical DR rating. You (probably) had the second most amount of DR points in the lobby.

Although I've spotted a bit of a shake-up in v1.07, which is annoying.
I dunno, i'm SR D and I got door number 2 while I qualified 11th... coincidentally the same thing as stevenhiggster.

I dunno, i'm SR D
SR has nothing to do with it.
and I got door number 2 while I qualified 11th... coincidentally the same thing as stevenhiggster.
Thus further proving that qualification/practice time has very little - if anything - to do with it. You also (probably) had the second most amount of DR points in the lobby.

SR has nothing to do with it.

Thus further proving that qualification/practice time has very little - if anything - to do with it. You also (probably) had the second most amount of DR points in the lobby.
sorry I meant DR D. lol

But that's interesting if that's how it works, did a Gr3 FIA race the other day and got 1 on my door in 6th place, obviously there were some others with higher DR.

Last edited:
I only ran one race tonight and jumped from end of DRA to c.10% up DRS.

Don't think it become easier to climb up the DR "ladder"...

Was a DR B/ SR B at the beggining of yesterday, got a good laptime on tokyo express, started something about 15 straight races as pole, won about 10 and finished at least 3rd in the others (plus one rage quit after a huge pileup evolving several cars on turn 1)...

In the and I was still DR B, but evolved to SR A

I just made S/S last night after being an A/S forever it seems like. I very much agree that if you are gaming the system then you will not have fun at all. You will absolutely not be able to keep up with just about anyone in that tier and it won’t take much time at all to knock you back down where you belong. Can’t you just play the game and let the rank sort itself out instead of trying to end up somewhere you don’t belong? Also try and be considerate here. By faking your DR your just going to be in the way in those fast races and you will be pissing some people off. Especially when you’re being lapped and find it necessary to hold your position instead of letting the leader by. Seriously, do people not get that you are ruining their race and also giving the guy behind them time to catch up that they may not have been able to make up if it wasn’t for the person getting lapped that feels like defending his position that he isn’t really defending anyways, you know, he’s being lapped, doesn’t matter. My bad for going on a bit of a rant there lol

Just beat higher or similarly ranked people, qualifying at the back to make up positions will not exactly help your cause. It works pretty much the same as the divisions in the FM6 leagues if you've ever played that.

Last edited:
I was dr s and sr s up until recently where I started at the back at inter Lagos and laggy bumper cars gave me a few penalties and stuff and now I’m at dr a sr s
Any ideas how long it’s gonna take to bring that back up
The first lobby I entered back as an a rated driver was full of d class so maybe I have to get from bottom to top of a to progress to next rank again?!

Back