What I Learned Driving Brand New Porsches on Track at Silverstone

Oh yeah, before I forget:

IMG_7814 2.JPG

:gtpflag:

:gtpflag:

Did you get to interview Dan at all by any chance?

We had a small chat with him as one of the blocks for the day, but I didn't record it. It was very casual, actually — mostly because he had stayed at the same hotel as us the night before, so we had all sat down for dinner and drinks then. Got a lot of the talking points out of the way then!

That was a good experience too: there was a lot of general game/car chat, and when he's given the opportunity to just relax, it's apparent Dan's a lot like your average racing game enthusiast. Really, he just loves cars.

Ian (Helios) was also there, and a really pleasant guy to chat with. I applauded him for braving NeoGAF.

Good read and vid. What's with the large dislikes on the videos though?

Take a look at the like/dislike ratio for any of our videos that don't feature GT. That's a hint, but it tends to be exaggerated when it's anything Forza-related.

Plus, y'know, Youtube. The Mos Eisley cantina of the internet.

Looks like you had a great time, Kyle! The Silverstone center is excellent, although I've spent most of my time in the North American PEC's. If you're
ever up to visit more of them, I can let you know when I'll be there and we can see if I can give you a tour.

Cheers!

The Alcantara-wrapped wheel may have felt like the one hooked up to my rig, but the feedback is on another level.

even in the dry, sudden throttle changes altered the behavior of the cars.
Just wondering. That's compared to Forza or all sims..?

Glad you had a good time 👍 but this 'article' is rather pointless - a self-indulgent, paid-promotion.

The article is dangerously close to saying that drifting and powersliding actually isn't that difficult.
Something usually found inflammatory by a lot of GTP members. At least when talking about game difficulty.

Back