Bugatti Recalls the Chiron... for Dodgy Welding?

Only 47 cars so they have to be taken back to the Bugatti factory wonder how long it will take them to fix it?

If Bugatti had a welding inspector check the welds prior to their cars leaving the factory, this very likely would never have happened.

Welds? I thought these things were carved out of granite? Oh, wait.... that's Mercedes. I forgot Beetles are made in Mexico. :sly:

If Bugatti had a welding inspector check the welds prior to their cars leaving the factory, this very likely would never have happened.

It seems to be a customer (or bucket) part, there have been recalls for Tiguans and Passats for a similar fault in which the seat could collapse in a crash. Normally in such cases the part is expected to be certified and checked before it reaches assembly, the only check during assembly would be that it's correctly located/secured.

Even on the Chiron there will be some parts which are stock VW fare and I would assume this is one of them. All the same you would hope they would check over the parts an additional time when they are going into such an expensive and high powered car.

I'm sure they do, it would make little to no sense to have no quality control/quality assessment on the manufacture end of their cars. Manufacture errors do happen though so the idea it could have been avoided so easily isn't the case. If it was you wouldn't see recalls all the time from all manufactures on cars that are high end to economy based.

Last edited:
Back