This 25th Anniversary Lamborghini Countach Is What Bedroom Posters Are Made Of

I have a Countach bedroom poster I inherited from my dad. Not sure which model it is (it appears to be an LP500 S) but it's one with a wing.

Lambo-5.jpg

345/35ZR15s...a friend has a nice replica with a Merc V12 and doesn't drive it nearly as often as he'd like because they cost a small fortune.

Make sure me wonder why they chose the first gen countach for GTS. The ugliest one.

I had these 2 Countach posters proudly displayed in my room growing up. I recall paying the assistant manager of the store (Nantucket Sound) like $25 cash each for them when I was in HS.

Attachments

• AE915749-3B7F-4BFD-B0BF-1A6D11A483BC.png
    AE915749-3B7F-4BFD-B0BF-1A6D11A483BC.png
    117 KB · Views: 44
  • EB86F66E-256D-4A1C-8D01-7E4D68894573.png
    EB86F66E-256D-4A1C-8D01-7E4D68894573.png
    44 KB · Views: 43
I think the LP500S is a much better looking version. It has more rake on the rear wing and the rear wheel arch flares wrap nicely around and under the back, as opposed to that stupid looking clip on bumper on the 25th anniversary model.

I think the LP500S is a much better looking version. It has more rake on the rear wing and the rear wheel arch flares wrap nicely around and under the back, as opposed to that stupid looking clip on bumper on the 25th anniversary model.

VXR
The original as added to GTS is so much purer in design.

👍 The 25th Anniversary was the ugly duckling Countach. It lost all that made the Countach a great shape in the first place. The sills that cleanly wrapped under the sides of the body, the high bumper-less tail and the simple, sharp front end.

I love the early LP400 with it's unadorned shape, but the LP5000s with the wing is the one the 10 year old me dreamed of.

3813-4.jpg

Earlier Countach models were sexier, but they required seriously ugly bumpers to ride legally in the US. The 25th anniversary model is a good compromise, solves many cooling issues and the form transitions well into the Diablo, me thinks.

Definitely bedroom poster material for mid 30's 80's kids like me. I remember staring at pictures of F40s and Countachs and dreaming I'd some day own one. My life didn't pan out like I had hoped though lol

I'm 34 and for me, the ultimate bedroom poster was the 1992 Viper RT/10 and 1994 Viper GTS. I must have been a practical kid, because my dream cars didn't cost six figures :lol:

The later Countach was a gorgeous looking car all around the world... except for the USA, where hideous 5mph bumpers were mandatory.

Unfortunately, the dark bits of plastic are the elephant of the room.

Never really was too big on the Countach, to be honest. Great car, but it’s sooooo commonly talked about in car circles. As much as I’d like to have a poster of one, my 80’s dream car at the moment is an ‘86-‘87 Corvette C4, which I’d love a poster of in the near future. My bedroom posters at the time of this post are 90’s repop’s of the Dodge Scat Pack posters from the late sixties, and a poster of the 2006-or so Dodge Charger SRT8 with the Daytona black tailight panel treatment, from the now-defunct Walter P. Chrysler Museum. I couldn’t get a photo of it off of the web, so I’ll try to get a decent photo of it at home. Can’t say I’ll be able to get a scan of it.

1D9B69C8-6C1A-491B-B0CA-7A4D22239EA8.jpeg

B9572ADA-23B6-4B8F-BC9F-6D52682880A7.jpeg

Back