GT Sport 1.11 Update Test Drives: Supra, 2000GT, and Ferrari 512BB

One of the “fixes” has taken away the 10min custom endurance race grade 1/n100 money grind glitch at the 24hrs Nuremberg track.

Gonna be a lot harder to save up that 20mill for the new Ferrari...

Does anyone remember when the community reached out to Kaz some years ago and asked him why GT had no premium Supra MKIV? I believe his answer argued in favor of the premium MKIII. About time he got the message.

However, ironic how GT Sport has made me go back to driving in bumper view, whereas the cockpit was my preferred view in the PS3 games. Originally I wanted a premium MKIV for the detailed interior. :ouch:

I'm obviously still glad to see it recreated in so much detail.

One of the “fixes” has taken away the 10min custom endurance race grade 1/n100 money grind glitch at the 24hrs Nuremberg track.

Gonna be a lot harder to save up that 20mill for the new Ferrari...

How much did you make on this?

Just logged on this morning while update came yesterday. It's been very long time I never race at Monza, only tried first 2 laps and I made fastest lap. I know well this track that I often did time trial in F1 game on PS2 in the past. And thanks to Monza my rating is now B S. :D

Just got lucky price car for today :cheers:

Attachments

• F32FA632-77ED-4D7F-957C-E1F06E5F24C6.jpeg
    F32FA632-77ED-4D7F-957C-E1F06E5F24C6.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 118
Picked up on a minor issue with the Ferrari 512BB and the existing game.
The game does not recognise the car as being powered by a Boxer Engine.
Consequently you cannot use it in the GT League Amateur Boxer Spirit Race's.
I'm assuming the game recognises engine configuration. Maybe they just need to update the list of approved cars for the event.

I'm assuming the game recognises engine configuration. Maybe they just need to update the list of approved cars for the event.
I think PD is aware of similar issues. They have made the Huracan eligible in the MR series of GT league. Hopefully, the 512BB will receive the same treatment.

For the 512BB not eligible for Boxer Spirit, it’s because the engine isn’t a true Boxer. It’s a 180 degree V12.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-why-ferraris-flat-12-isnt-exactly-a-flat-12-at-all

Well thinking about it now technically the 512BB is not actually powered by a "Boxer" engine.
It is just a Flat 12 or 180 degree V12.
Yes a Flat motor is different to a Boxer. Physically it will look the same from the outside. But the crank and the direction of piston travel is very different.
The advantage of a Boxer configuration is you don't need any counter balance shafts on the crank as the piston movements essentially cancel each other out.
There is no need for a Flat 12 to operate in a Boxer configuration as a V12 is already perfectly balanced. Likewise a straight 6, straight 8 or V16.

For the 512BB not eligible for Boxer Spirit, it’s because the engine isn’t a true Boxer. It’s a 180 degree V12.

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-why-ferraris-flat-12-isnt-exactly-a-flat-12-at-all

Ohh you got in just before I corrected myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Ferrari video, are the cars picking up water or something at 2:26?
I saw that also and then took both Ferrari 330 and the McLaren F1 for a stroll and saw that this was in fact dirt/ dust being kicked up. I haven’t checked the timing but this is on the start/ finish straight right?

I thought this was a nice addition given the width of this straight.

Last edited:
Lambo needs gearing to be fixed, one on this car is custom short one that was sold as request for customers...

I saw the picture of the Viper in the article and it reminded me of s question I have about the game. I bought a red Viper GTS Coupe but if wanted to change the color to another factory color like the ones you can pick from when purchasing cars, how would I do that?

3:40 of the Viper video. As soon as I saw that slide the GT2 North American Intro and song came to mind.

I saw the picture of the Viper in the article and it reminded me of s question I have about the game. I bought a red Viper GTS Coupe but if wanted to change the color to another factory color like the ones you can pick from when purchasing cars, how would I do that?
You'd have to get as close as possible with livery editor, adding stripes back in with decals. Or just buy another one, they're only cheap!

Back