Here's Our First Look at Nissan's Formula E Contender

How come Formula E cars take a completely different shape to F1 cars? Is it simply due to regulations or are there other factors at play? Formula E cars certainly look a lot better than the current F1 cars that's for sure.

I'm not a follower of Formula E so forgive my ignorance.

How come Formula E cars take a completely different shape to F1 cars? Is it simply due to regulations or are there other factors at play? Formula E cars certainly look a lot better than the current F1 cars that's for sure.

I'm not a follower of Formula E so forgive my ignorance.
They're all the same (chassis and battery are standard items, rest of the powertrain is open for different manufacturers) so they can make some compromises across the field in the name of aesthetics. That's why the halo looks much better integrated into the car shape.

In F1, teams are desperately trying to innovate while the FIA are tightening the rules to stop them and slow the cars down. If a new solution is faster or gives better aero, teams will try it regardless of how ugly it ends up.

Looks good! Does anyone know if the halo being lit up is actually happen? By lit up I mean by some sort of LED strip which they've been teasing.

To be honest , as much as it pains me to say it , I don't think the halo spoils the look of the car .

@Ryanswannell . The different look to f1 is largely down to a different set set of demands on the car . A lower power output dictates a lower aero/drag set up and while a formula e car has cooling needs , they are minimal compared to an f1 car with its petrol engine and massive turbo set up , so reducing the need for all the fancy and expensively researched ducts and vents .

Back