Gran Turismo 6's Online Services Are Officially Dead Now

For those of you still online, dont leave the server!!! Enjoy it as much as you can, once you leave you wont be able to sign back on...it happened to me.

Also, user created tracks seem to be gone as well. I spent a better part of the week picking and choosing each custom track to save only for them to no longer work anymore. Wompp.

If GT Sport ever servers go down, you can put the game in the trash. Even if they update it to work offline, the game would only be playable if it was previously installed and updated on the PS4 you want to play it in. Makes no sense at all, if you ask me.

Also, user created tracks seem to be gone as well. I spent a better part of the week picking and choosing each custom track to save only for them to no longer work anymore. Wompp.
Sad :(

For those of you still online, dont leave the server!!! Enjoy it as much as you can, once you leave you wont be able to sign back on...it happened to me.

I thought for sure they would update the game and allow us to atleast KEEP custom tracks we have saved.
EPIC FAIL on PD's part.
Game still has life if you want it, take 500pp cars to Internation GT All stars and slap on RH tires. No TC, NO SRF, and see if you can race clean and win.

Sad my favorite (it's a custom) track is no longer playable. What was PD thinking????? :(

Free online multiplayer, a huge range of options including ones not available in GT Sport like Tuning Prohibited racing online in public lobbies, day to night transitions, more tracks than you can shake a stick at; the list goes on & on...

My thanks & respect to all the Tuning Prohibited Spec/Stock racers that I had the privilege to share some virtual tarmac with online. You guys gave me some of the best racing I've ever experienced in my entire life. I have nigh on 1,000 replays of hard, fast, & clean online racing in GT6 (& GT5); happy days!

GT6 was my last GT game, I'm not going to be buying Sport. So long guys...

:)

While Being a big fan of Gran turismo series ( I had all of them , licensed copyes ofcoarse ), I dont like gt6 . The timing of a release and no port to ps4 made it unplayable to me after platinum ofcoarse .
I have tons of big memories from gt5 era - first f1ferrari , first online championships , my first wheel and my first online time trials...it was great times.
Now when we have assetto corsa and project cars on ps4 I dont need gt7 - gt sport 2 sounds great to me and for offline fans i suggest asking Kazunory for some free to play gt something , Im sorry , its just my thoughts.

I'm not bothered be it one bit, never cared for online multiplayer just for log on bonus and seasonals . The second best title in the series IMO, GT5 comes as #1. I'm might be changing My opinion GT6 #1, GT5 #2. 6 has so many real world circuits that I love. I'm still on both of them and will always will be. GTS I'll admit has improved in the physics, but car and track content is killing it for me. The only reason I boot up GTS once in a while is to take the RZ and the MR2 for a spin on four tracks. Monza, Nurb GP, Big willow and Bathurst.

My first GT6 which i actively played when it was online. Then two years ago my FAT PS3 gave in and died.

Great memories. So much variety in content.

Brands_Hatch_Grand_Prix_Circuit.jpg

My first in-game picture from the first race, after the tutorial. Overtaking the MX-5 on Brands Hatch on the inside of the Surtees corner.

From cars (yes, lots of japanese cars, we know), to game modes.
Having concept and prototype cars, but taken on a new level, hence the GT Vision.
Then the Special modes: Moon driving, Goodwood, Artyon Senna hommage, Andalucia.

But flaws were there as well.
Realistic driving being tied to online races only (24 hour racing, damage, etc.)
The car sounds...MY GOD...the car noise. I will, unfortunately always remember the god awful vacuum noises.
And the fact that the game was pushing the PS3 so hard, replay was capped somewhere bellow 60fps. As was later proved by my deceased console.

All in all, 6/10 for me. If in some parallel universe GT6 had amazing sounds, it would be 9/10.

Is it worth the launch price? No. (Not with Dyson being the secret partner in audio recording.)

Is it worth the 2nd hand price? Yes. If your focus is stronger than your passion (meaning that you could be more concentrated on driving then on that whining, sucking, ear-bleeding, high-pitched, Devil-devised, God-forbidden, engine noise, then you could have nailed some amazing lap times and race great evetns.

I had a real funny feeling all day, yesterday... maintaining that 200%
sign-in bonus for almost 52months... now its over.

So long friends. I will miss you guys. It was wonderful... especially, watching your talent(s) grow beyond mine own.

But it aint over yet. After a recent total reset of the PS3, i've got plenty of work to do. Just dont have to worry about credits any more.

Peace!

Shame, I had such good times on this, but I’ll still be keeping my PS3 along with GT6 (and still got the previous GT series and PlayStations too), this game got played practically every night. Plus love those seasonal events.

I’ll keep GT6 going even if it’s no longer available online.

I moved on from GT6 a while ago. I loved it but I did everything I wanted to do. I did get 200% login an hour before the servers closed. I'll miss it in a way but I still have lots to do on GT Sport

Attachments

• 20180328_062753.jpg
    20180328_062753.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 244
It looks like GT Sport is slowly gaining cars and tracks that were in GT6, but even after the final update GTS will have far fewer cars and tracks than GT6 had at launch.
GT6 had it's fair share of flaws, but there's no denying that it stayed true to the Gran Turismo tradition of racing many different vehicles together in many different circumstances. With GT7 not being planned, this tradition seems to be at an end.
RIP GT6 and the Gran Turismo franchise as we've come to know it.

Back