Dutch Town Opens Singing Road, Immediately Closes It (For Obvious Reasons)

"Hey, we've had this great idea to make a road that sings your local anthem whenever one car drives over it at the speed limit, but the rest of the time will be a horrifying, smoosh of noise and is open 24 hours a day."

Actually, they said they would place the road in a different location where nobody lives and nobody gets annoyed. Than again, I wonder if anyone would ever drive there.

I wish I could meet the person that came up with this whole concept and question his/her sanity.

Holland might. Friesland clearly does not.

What a terrible idea. It sounded horrible in the car, never mind out of it.

That's hilarious.

I wonder if it's possible to petition the highways agency to resurface the M25 to play "Top Gears Best Ever Greatest Driving Dad Rock Anthems" all the way around. If they could get The Chain started on the M1 slip road that'd be great.

Maybe it would sound better on Australian outback roads.
210011264_86889fd3e1_b.jpg

I would never expect such a bad idea to come from the dutch. At least they were quick in recognizing the mistake.

They should have got it to play the Timewarp.

"But, Sir, why did you crash?"
"Have you ever tried to do pelvic thrusts while driving?"
"But you don't need to do that."
"The crash was actually caused when I tried to jump to the left..."

It would make people not want to do the Time Warp again.

Holland might. Friesland clearly does not.

What a terrible idea. It sounded horrible in the car, never mind out of it.

Yeah just to be clear, this whole debacle happenend in Friesland, not in Netherland or Holland as some like to call it.
People in Friesland are a little special, just keep it at that.

Edit : It's like Florida, but worse.

Yeah just to be clear, this whole debacle happenend in Friesland, not in Netherland or Holland as some like to call it.
People in Friesland are a little special, just keep it at that.

Edit : It's like Florida, but worse.

What he said.

Laugh so hard when i watched the second video from outside. Sounds like the way, the late great victor borge would play it.

I live in Friesland and am just as shocked and ashamed as most people. Yes it's true that some people here in Friesland feel that they are "special" and that friesland should be independent, have their own coin, license plate and what not else. All ludicrous idea's that are or would complete waste of time and money. All people that I spoke about this road all agree that it is a complete waste of money. Clearly common sense is getting more and more uncommon.

I would never expect such a bad idea to come from the dutch. At least they were quick in recognizing the mistake.

By quick you mean after they had finished and had been inundated with complaints.

By quick you mean after they had finished and had been inundated with complaints.
In comparison to where I live, it can be considered speed of light. There is not much to say about a country where the major concern is getting your bicycle or umbrella stolen.

Latest Posts

Back