Kazunori Yamauchi Re-Confirms Additional GT Sport Cars and Tracks Incoming

Please let the priority be on tracks, not on the rain... yeah, weather must come, but I'm currently full of those rainy conditions in other racing games.

Personally I'd rather see rain come to GT:Sport now, It's long overdue and I certainly ain't paying £50 for just the standard edition of P:Cars 2 which apparently still has a crap ton of bugs and is the same age as GT:Sport.

Last edited:
Havent played GTsport in a Month, just because the lack of tracks! Hopefully we will see some more favourites coming back!
Every track that has a dash is supposed to be part of a complex enviornment with a few layouts. Alsace and some of the dirt tracks sure have some new versions coming, maybe even brand-new tracks placed right next to the ones we already have.

He's also kept his word on the 50 cars. They also did sound updates etc. A perfect Game needs it's time and it really looks like they're taking that time.
That is a rarity in the industry! Keeping promises and listening to the userbase.
Unlike some big softwarecompanies (EA) who control and put large pressure on the developers... Sony is giving its developers so much creative freedom and without pressuring for additional revenue through microtransactions! Hopefully GT sport is a project that will have a large lifespan of updates when eventually the PS5 releases.

Please let the priority be on tracks, not on the rain... yeah, weather must come, but I'm currently full of those rainy conditions in other racing games.

I understand the reasoning, but it's really quite similar to saying no to other tracks being added, on account of them being in other games. Sometimes crossover is a good thing; imagine if PD had skipped the 'Ring simply because another title had it!

I welcome both rain and new tracks. I can see how rain, especially dynamic weather, isn't hugely desirable for the esports side of things: if PD is aiming for GT to be the Overwatch of sim racing (or something along those lines), dynamic weather throws a wrench in proceedings. A consistent environment is key IMO, from a viewer perspective.

But the challenge of weather is precisely why I want to see it in the game more. To borrow the motto from my favourite car magazine, it's about the thrill of driving; that was what appealed to me in past GTs, and still does to an extent in GT Sport. Chasing down lap times is fun, but part of that is getting to know exactly how the car reacts in different situations, and rain introduces a whole new side of a car's personality.

VBR
At least Kaz has kept to his word so far about GT Sport not having any microtransactions. More tracks are desperately needed, & very welcome indeed.

To be honest at this point, if I could spend $5 to get the 330 P4, I would. Rather than spending a month grinding credits, just to have to spend it all on the new batch of cars.

I agree. GT Sport is still lacking on the tracks side, so at this time tracks should be a top priority before PD adds any rain.

I agree that tracks should be the priority but I really don't agree that it's lacking. To me tracks are just lacking more so than the amount of cars, but overall I think we have enough and some great tracks in GT Sport. I'd never say no to more but I also don't see the tracks as a huge issue. Not as much of an issue as the lack of open wheel cars before the DLC's.

What's lacking is the amount that certain tracks are being used for Sport mode and FIA events but if you actually drive all the tracks in GTS, I wouldn't ever get bored with them.

It's a massive improvement over GT5 Prologue that's for sure, I mean that was really the only time I legit got bored of the tracks in a racing game. Maybe it desensitized me but remembering back, I think I still prefer the track selection of GT Sport over GT1, 2, 3, or GT5p. Or Assetto corsa (another sim that gets crap for not having enough tracks, in my opinion unjustly. What it lacks in amount it makes up for in quality).

Last edited:
Hopefully we will see tracks new to the series as well as reoccurring tracks.

Circuit of The Americas
Virginia International Raceway
Sebring
Watkins Glen
And Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL

would all be welcome additions to the series imo

As for a reoccurring track, Laguna Seca would be pretty top imo.

I would like to see dlc free,but I am willing to pay for it as well. I would to see route x as well,but I'm not holding my breath either.

Focus should be on more real tracks which already existed in previous versions of GT like SPA, LeMans, Fuji, Monaco,etc. This should be not very expensive to improve, and the only problem is the royalties to be paid to the Track owners. I know the usual talk about arcade tracks and GT tradition, but if we want to flavor a little bit of the real world, this is it.
The other big point is the lack of a story, meaning career mode. Is it so difficult to made some kind of seasons with practices and a point system? This meaningful single race style (i would say disrespectful towards customer - us) is made in a way to give us something like a rider gives a cube of sugar to is horse.

PS - more classical race Porsches would be fantastic, but that is only a wish and not a recrimination towards GT

I absolutely want more tracks, but I don't understand at all people complaining about a lack of tracks. Even without all the variations, GT Sport has as many if not more tracks than most other sims out there? I can't wait for all the reworked classics to return as much as everyone else, and maybe some new real world circuits (like COTA) that we haven't seen any any GT title before, but the quality and quantity of tracks right now is pretty phenomenal considering they do so many different times of day and have laser scanned and re-done all the real world circuits in the game. PD's quality and quantity is beyond what anyone else is doing at the moment.

Not to mention, PD's original circuits are phenomenally good. There have been so many original circuits in GT titles over the years that are absolutely wonderful to drive.

I absolutely want more tracks, but I don't understand at all people complaining about a lack of tracks. Even without all the variations, GT Sport has as many if not more tracks than most other sims out there? I can't wait for all the reworked classics to return as much as everyone else, and maybe some new real world circuits (like COTA) that we haven't seen any any GT title before, but the quality and quantity of tracks right now is pretty phenomenal considering they do so many different times of day and have laser scanned and re-done all the real world circuits in the game. PD's quality and quantity is beyond what anyone else is doing at the moment.

Not to mention, PD's original circuits are phenomenally good. There have been so many original circuits in GT titles over the years that are absolutely wonderful to drive.

GT Sport - 38 courses ( Most of these being variants, the actual count based on locations is 19 by my count)
Forza 7 - 32 locations (120 variants)
PCARS 2 - 58 locations (at launch, with 146 variants)

So yeah, no.

I'd honestly settle for as many tracks as GT6 had. Which was actually a very decent variety of tracks....

I get the reasoning for a lot of the legacy tracks being not to the snuff of the PS4, but GT6 had a lot of tracks that were created specifically for it that you would think updated version would suit PS4 just fine....

Back