The New BMW M2 Competition Gets Its Digital Debut in CSR Racing 2

CSR 2, I stepped away from that crap long time ago. This one seems to stay under the public radar in 2018 but it has one of the most brutal loot box systems I experienced myself.

CSR 2? No thanks. I'll never have that game installed on my phone again.

If my assumptions from previous car-release events are correct, that M2 will likely be $19.99-$29.99 to purchase (only real money, no in-game currency) for some limited time event, and then never be seen again.

This one seems to stay under the public radar in 2018 but it has one of the most brutal loot box systems I experienced myself.
I've been playing this game for nearly two years now with no plans to stop, and I agree with that. Many of the game's cars are now locked away in crates, especially the cars released post-launch. The odds of getting a 'good' car are incredibly low. I hope that I don't get a Viper, GT-R, Vanquish, R8, F-Type, or AMG GT in the next gold crate I buy. I've had some lucky pulls in the past, but they don't come often. NaturalMotion/Zynga want players like myself to spend money in the end of the day. I have never spent money on the game.

Given that the game is free-to-play, I know that I shouldn't expect to get everything. However, that doesn't mean that I suspect that the crates may be rigged. Belgium recently concluded that loot boxes are an example of gambling, so I hope something changes in the near future.

If my assumptions from previous car-release events are correct, that M2 will likely be $19.99-$29.99 to purchase (only real money, no in-game currency) for some limited time event, and then never be seen again.
It's been the case for a handful of cars (Fast and Furious cars come to mind), but I don't think it will be the case for this M2. Instead, I think it's going to be locked behind crates, once again re-affirming why NaturalMotion/Zynga want players to spend money.

How do these awful phone games keep getting new cars before console/PC titles? :confused: I played the first CSR Racing until I couldn’t cheat the wait timers anymore* and lost a boss battle because I didn’t buy some nitrous upgrade for $2.99. My car was heavily tuned and the AI car was in the same class, but the race is designed to be impossible to win unless you bought that upgrade. Typical F2P garbage.

*You could skip the hours-long wait for upgrades to complete by setting your phone’s clock several hours ahead, installing the upgrade, then resetting the time.

Dan
How do these awful phone games keep getting new cars before console/PC titles? :confused:

They take far less time to model than a console or PC title. While the game does look fairly good in terms of graphics, it's by no means on the same level as GT Sport. Also, the physics really don't need to be taken into account, so there's less coding involved. I haven't messed with creating mobile apps since college, but I'm guessing they just have a handful of values they need to put in for speed, acceleration, and grip for the car since they aren't going around corners.

Plus mobile games reach a larger audience. Not everyone has a console or gaming PC, but almost everyone has a smartphone capable of playing games.

‘Console & PC Gaming’ section? I guess it’s time for a ‘Mobile Games’ section too.

Then again, reading the above comments makes me nope out of that thought.

Back